Todays Toyota cup- NZ players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Call me bored because the Seaeagles are not on but if anyone gets the chance to watch NZ -Souths Toyota cup match check out some of the talent in the NZ team. Particularly a 2nd Rower name Loussi ??(unsure of spelling). Apart from the expected dropped ball from a Warriors team they play some exciting footy.
Damn i wish the Seaeagles were playing today!! :p

Kiwi Eagle said:
Half of those blokes are that size when they are 10 lol
What you think of that backrower Lousse - talk about a foward talent - this guy is a gun. I think Crusher should catch the next plane & get him on paper - Ali Lautitis younger, bigger,better (potentially imo) brother!!

Hard to believe those kids are under 20. they are freaking huge.. glad our U20s only played them once. They won the premiership last year and they could probably do it again this year.

MK Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Half of those blokes are that size when they are 10 lol
What you think of that backrower Lousse - talk about a foward talent - this guy is a gun. I think Crusher should catch the next plane & get him on paper - Ali Lautitis younger, bigger,better (potentially imo) brother!!

He's definitely got some unbelievable skills. Will be interesting to see how he would go with the extra pace and intensity at NRL level. IMO he'd be better off for his development playing at the NSW cup level against grown men instead of the 20s.

manlyforever08 said:
Hard to believe those kids are under 20. they are freaking huge.. glad our U20s only played them once. They won the premiership last year and they could probably do it again this year.

They will probably win the NYC premiership every year, due to the size difference - a distinct advantage in the under 20s. Lots of anglo forwards are still pretty skinny at age 19, but catch up in their early 20s.

Shoe1 said:
manlyforever08 said:

They will probably win the NYC premiership every year, due to the size difference - a distinct advantage in the under 20s. Lots of anglo forwards are still pretty skinny at age 19, but catch up in their early 20s.

For example - Kieran Foran. He's really bulked up since coming into first grade.

Everyone seems impressed by some of these massive gun players - is it worth maybe signing a couple of these future stars - most here agree some extra size & future talent in the fowards would be great & this could be the kids looking for that opportunity ready to make a move - under the Seaeagles training could turn out to be anything!!

their second rower is 200cm tall and 120 kilos. Saw he had an awesome offload agianst the knights a few weeks ago.

I'm sure the warriors have locked hium up long term. They'd be mad if they hadn't.

Pretty sure they have big Lousi on the books already, would be mad not too

Honestly, you don't have to look that hard to find big hombres like these blokes around here at the age of 15 or 16, a lot of NRL clubs sniff around where I live, Broncos and Storm had an agreement with the schools not too long back, Sharks are linked with a local club side as well

Kiwi Eagle said:

Honestly, you don't have to look that hard to find big hombres like these blokes around here at the age of 15 or 16, a lot of NRL clubs sniff around where I live, Broncos and Storm had an agreement with the schools not too long back, Sharks are linked with a local club side as well

Exactly. Most talent scouts are way overrated for their abilities. Go to a carnival and watch some kid who is twice as big, strong and fast as everyone else on the field and they then call themselves a genius for discovering him.

I'd say Crusher is a level above though for his ability to spot players who had fallen through the system.

Masked Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Exactly. Most talent scouts are way overrated for their abilities. Go to a carnival and watch some kid who is twice as big, strong and fast as everyone else on the field and they then call themselves a genius for discovering him.

I'd say Crusher is a level above though for his ability to spot players who had fallen through the system.

Agree that 90% of these players-bigger,faster ect - obvious for blind freddy to see - my point here Masked Eagle is this Loussi is more than just another oversized islander & could already be locked up at NZ long term - if not is well worth a look & imo the best young talent in a long time..

MK Eagle said:
Masked Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Agree that 90% of these players-bigger,faster ect - obvious for blind freddy to see - my point here Masked Eagle is this Loussi is more than just another oversized islander & could already be locked up at NZ long term - if not is well worth a look & imo the best young talent in a long time..

Just makes me laugh when press people say that O'Sullivan is a recruiting genius because he discovered GI and Folau. Please.

O'Sullivan is very talented in finding kids. Yes, he was mucked up in Storm fiasco but he has wonderful contacts. I do believe Crusher has the wood on him as he doesn't get bankrolled like O'Sullivan but go thru the kids the Storm kept bringing out from the woodwork and his record stands. Why do you think Roosters paid big dough to get him? Let's hope and pray that Cleal doesn't ever get offered a once in a lifetime deal from another club.

Some of the Storm's recruitments that who ended up at the Storm:
Greg Inglis, Slater, Cam Smith, Cronk, Steve Turner, Brett White, Ryan Hoffman, Nathan Friend, Antonio Kaufusi (Bundaberg) Adam Blair (Whangarei) Israel Folau, prop Aiden Tolman, halfback Liam Foran, Joel Thompson, Dane Nielsen, Sam Tagataese, Joe Tomane, Dallas Johnson, Will Chambers, Kevin Proctor, Jess Bromwich, Matt Duffie,

I think 'll stop at that!!

eagles2win said:
Warriors U20s provide me with my favourite betting thing now 13+. Usually at descent price and the do it with ease
Haha - yeh good banker with multi bets - add 2 more line bets & just blows your odds out - gotta love it!! Took line -11.5 h/t on the w/end & even when Souths score that sloppy try you just know NZ can put on 3 tries in 7 minutes & usually do - bomb about 3 each half also.

Darren said:
O'Sullivan is very talented in finding kids. Yes, he was mucked up in Storm fiasco but he has wonderful contacts. I do believe Crusher has the wood on him as he doesn't get bankrolled like O'Sullivan but go thru the kids the Storm kept bringing out from the woodwork and his record stands. Why do you think Roosters paid big dough to get him? Let's hope and pray that Cleal doesn't ever get offered a once in a lifetime deal from another club.

Greg Inglis, Slater, Cam Smith, Cronk, Steve Turner, Brett White, Ryan Hoffman, Nathan Friend, Antonio Kaufusi (Bundaberg) Adam Blair (Whangarei) Israel Folau, prop Aiden Tolman, halfback Liam Foran, Joel Thompson, Dane Nielsen, Sam Tagataese, Joe Tomane, Dallas Johnson, Will Chambers, Kevin Proctor, Jess Bromwich, Matt Duffie,

All bar one or two of those blokes were regular sights in schoolboy rep sides, it's not hard to hit gold when you can have any junior that you want.

The Roosters recruitment hasn't been all that great since he got there. Not to say that he is a bad recruitment manager but he is by no means fantastic. From what I've heard he is a bit of a knob to boot.

Wolfpack said:
Darren said:

All bar one or two of those blokes were regular sights in schoolboy rep sides, it's not hard to hit gold when you can have any junior that you want.

The Roosters recruitment hasn't been all that great since he got there. Not to say that he is a bad recruitment manager but he is by no means fantastic. From what I've heard he is a bit of a knob to boot.

Bit easier to get the kids when you're paying them under the table as well.

I remember the days pre-Crusher and they were awful. I remember Crusher starting and him asking who were our scouts and Manly showed around 10 pins of locations of our finders and Crusher said well here we go, and put in 200 pins!! worth his weight in gold

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4