• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
It just wasnt the return of Brett today - it was the whole team standing up.
Choc was a differnet player today compared to the first 4 games. Great to see.
Glenn was playing like he did in the grand final - awesome
Ox was at his best so far this year
Our forwards were going forward.
Brookie felt right compared to the Panthers & Warriors match.

I have to mention how good Bailey and Lyon have been for us so far - they have been our best in the first four matches.

Man I feel so much better to sit hear after a win and write something good - even thou we were not great but we won.

We have to improve another 25% if we are to beat Souths next week - to me our front row did not have a lot of energy and Bailey for me the jury is still out - I want to see Jamie back to 5/8.

Wheel, I'd like to see him at 5/8 too but I think the unfortunate reality is that we really need Jamie's composure , communication & defensive ability in the backline at the moment. I think we have under estimated how much directing that Bell did in defense.

I think that we still need a hell of a lot more from the front row (Kite, King, Perry & including Hall). Each of them still have 30% to give on what they are capable of (& so do Ballin & LeSnak).

I was really proud of Choc's determination to lead from the front today. He is our best option as the forward leader and he needs to keep backing up on this performance.

Agreed Bradza, the front row truly is just not going it.  Kite was sloppy, Ted gave away stupid penalties and Princess was soft.  Cuthbo went OK.  Good to see he's not chucking the miracle ball.  Choc and Glenn  were great.  Glenn and Hall are starting to poke their noses through the defensive line.  A better match but not one to give me great confidence.  Another win next week with better performances from our much vaunted pack, and then I'll feel better.

I keep reading that Princess is soft, but ****, he is really coming in and making some big hits at the moment.

Much better performance but still probably only running on about 6 out of the 8 cylinders. Plenty of improvement left, especially in the forwards. Was a bit concerned that they seemed to run our of steam again in the second half, as we did against Warriors and Panthers to an extent. Maybe our fitness isn't as good as we had hoped, or we have the wrong sort of "fitness" for the new quicker game, more power and explosion than endurance.

Anyway it's great to get a win on the board, and it's even better to get off the bottom of the ladder, and absolutely gold to be replaced by Cronulla at the bottom. Let's hope that this is the start of a good run building up to a title defence.

Take out Brett and I believe we would have lost. We don't have anyone with his speed to capitalise and punish the opposition. Makes you realise how we would probably have won against the Warriors and Panthers with Brett in and how the punishment from the NRL has seriously cruelled our title defense.  :mad:

Glenn and Choc put in huge efforts and Hall was better, but the rotating props just aren't doing it. Ted lifted a little but they aren't dominating and making the dumbest of errors.

My MOTM was Killer. His defense is in the Craig Innes class. Take him out of the backline and we would have had more point leaks than a Manly boardroom discussion. We just can't afford to move him to 5/8th. Bailey disappointing again and T-Rex, you can do much more than that.

Hugely relieved to get the win but it was on the back of one man's brilliance.

Des said that Stewart wasn't Manly's saviour. Yesterday he was! Watmough also. After the Watmough/Stewart try I wanted to pash both of them. Boy's you're lucky I'm a long way away from brookie, otherwise you guys might be the one's pressing charges for unwanted tongueys.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2