To the finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ellakasmar

Reserve Grader
The season is creeping close to an end as another finals series approaches, and that means teams begin to really fight for a spot in the top eight. Whilst the Sea Eagles may have left their run to success a little bit too late, there is still a chance that we can make the 2016 finals series.

Round 20 v Rabbitohs
This Monday night we take on the South Sydney Rabbitohs at Allianz Stadium. Souths have been out of form of late, not winning a game since round 11, however teams must be always wary of a team in form like this in case they finally bounce back. But in saying that, if the Manly boys can play like they have been of late, I know they have the ability to beat the Rabbitohs.

Round 21 v Knights
The Knights are in a similar situation to the Rabbitohs, except their losing streak is much, much longer. The game takes place at Brookvale Oval on a Sunday afternoon - how much better can it get. The Knights have been getting better, although still not getting better enough to secure a win. As long as Manly keep the errors to a minimum and utilise the key combinations that have been formed of late, I can see another confident win on the cards.

Round 22 v Eels
Ah, the age old foe's. If things keep going the way they are, the Eels may have been kicked out of the league by then. But if my wishes of that happening do not come true (damn it! ;)) Manly will have to be wary of the Eels. Even with their long list of problems they have been playing some quality football this year. This game is going to be tough, especially at Pirtek Stadium, but I have belief that a win is possible.

Round 23 v Bulldogs
This will be Manly's third Thursday night game this season, and versing a quality team like the Bulldogs at their home ground is not ideal when needing to win to scrape into the top eight. Wouldn't mind to see a couple of intercepts from Tom Trbojevic, chip and chases from Daly Cherry-Evans and Siosia Vave pushing through the line to score the winning try for the Sea Eagles. Another hard opponent but anything is possible!

Round 24 v Storm
Our third tough game in a row! The Storm have been one of the most in form sides this season, but with the game being at Brookvale Oval it does take some of that tough pressure off. The boys will have to put their all in this game because it will be the second last game at home for the season. I am hoping to see us repeat the score line of the 2008 grand final.

giphy.gif

Round 25 v Raiders
This is our courageous captain, Jamie Lyon's last home game ever. I will be balling my eyes out this day in denial of my absolute favourite leaving the Fortress, however I hope that is the only reason I'm crying because we need to win this for Killer. Nothing more, we HAVE to win

Round 26 v Panthers
The last game of the regular season. I'm kind of hoping we have won the six games before this and are guaranteed a finals spot...BUT, as I take off my maroon and white glasses and realise that is unlikely, this could be the game that gets us into the top eight. We've shown what we can do to the Panthers in Round 14...but I am only talking about that first half performance. If we can repeat that, but in the second half also, two points will be coming our way!

giphy.gif

It's going to be a very tough run to the finals, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed big time. Let's hope this time next year we'll be comfortably inside the top eight and not having to worry about things like this.

giphy.gif

Haha yes it's not so long ago at this time of year we were just worried about one or two players (wingers!), or tweaking some part of our play before charging into the finals to launch a full tilt premiership quest in September... instead of wondering how long we can stay aliove in the finals race.
But I like your analysis, you can see the future!

Last edited:
Ah Ella, you're such an optimist. The fortitude of youth. And we love you for it. Maybe you should be in the sheds giving some of our troops a pep talk before they take the field. I doubt they'll quite get there but I never doubt the value of a little inspiration. Sic em girl.

The top 5 are already finals bound surely, that leaves teams placed 6-12 fighting for the last three spots. High pressure football for the last quarter of the season.
Manly need a perfect storm so to speak to make it into 8th. I think we CAN win most of our games from here, but will be very very hard and unlikely.

On the flip side lol@parra for another season

The top 5 are already finals bound surely, that leaves teams placed 6-12 fighting for the last three spots. High pressure football for the last quarter of the season.
Manly need a perfect storm so to speak to make it into 8th. I think we CAN win most of our games from here, but will be very very hard and unlikely.

On the flip side lol@parra for another season

Thank god for lol@parra

Love your optimism @ellakasmar and it might be possible ( be one of Manly's greatest ever performances if we did) but I have only two wishes left for this year,

1) We don't win the spoon , and think it's pretty safe to say that's been achieved.

2) And I so so want to beat lol@parra , they have owned us the last two years and we are due, so if there's a football god can we please beat them convincingly

Last edited:
Thank god for lol@parra

Love your optimism @ellakasmar and it might be possible ( be one of Manly's greatest ever performances if we did) but I have only two wishes left for this year,

1) We don't win the spoon , and think it's pretty safe to say that's been achieved.

2) And I so so want to beat lol@parra , they have owned us the last two years and we are due, so if there's a football god can we please beat them convincingly

Mark I want to add 3 other teams to your 2nd list:

Souths,Bulldogs: they have both owned us in previous history over the past few years and I hate losing to both.

Raiders: Want to send killer out a winner at his final game at brookvale oval.

Mark I want to add 3 other teams to your 2nd list:

Souths,Bulldogs: they have both owned us in previous history over the past few years and I hate losing to both.

Raiders: Want to send killer out a winner at his final game at brookvale oval.

All of those would be great , win those plus a few others and we could give the 8 a run, funny how similar ( in some ways ) 2016 is to 2015, remember we had that last minute charge and then that disgrace at Brookvale v the Eels to end the run and then knocked the Sharks out of the top 4 in the last game ( after being **** for most of the year).

I am really nervous about Souths this week, They have been underperforming for a while but on paper it's seems they have a full strength side.

I am really nervous about Souths this week, They have been underperforming for a while but on paper it's seems they have a full strength side.

I agree everyone is talking us up and Souths will be a very desperate footy team.

This game smells ambush to me. I think we may still win but only by a small margin.

I'm not being optimistic at all.

But am secretly hopeful.

Teams like the Dragons, Panthers, Tigers and Warriors are either in terrable form or inconsistent.

The Titans worry me. But that still leaves one spot open.

Not sure if I want us to just loose now. Or wait till round 25-26.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4