To Mozgrame

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah i did, God's country, Rockvegas. ;) Hope the DVD works O.K. I put the breakfast on there, not sure if that is of as much interest. Enjoy it though mate.:D

mozgrame said:
Yeah i did, God's country, Rockvegas. ;) Hope the DVD works O.K. I put the breakfast on there, not sure if that is of as much interest. Enjoy it though mate.:D

hehe - yes I did notice God's Country, Rockvegas - thanks heaps, will try it out over the weekend.

1947 said:
mozgrame said:

hehe - yes I did notice God's Country, Rockvegas - thanks heaps, will try it out over the weekend.

Is Rockvegas the home of rock music or just rocks? Just wondering how God stands on this issue..did God enable the joint to be man made or was it a creature of evolution?

arty said:
Is Rockvegas the home of rock music or just rocks? Just wondering how God stands on this issue..did God enable the joint to be man made or was it a creature of evolution?

There's no evolution in Rockhampton.

:D

Rockhampton/Gladstone are the place to be. Australia wide there is nothing more happening in the economic field than here. You can not even rent a motel room in Gladstone. There is not enough accomadation for workers and not enough workers for the jobs. If you want financial stability and a great laid back lifestyle, our region offers the best of both worlds. If anyone wants a personal tour, i'll pick you up at the Rocky airport. A mate of mine is in charge of economic development for Gladstone and he travels from Yeppoon to Gladstone and back every day. Check your maps to see that trip. Make no mistake, we are, and have been booming for a few years now. Viva la progress!! From Gladstone to Longreach and Bundaberg to Mackay, our region is known to the savvy as, Gods country. You all really need to check it out and not go by what you saw here 5/10 years ago. :D

mozgrame said:
Rockhampton/Gladstone are the place to be. Australia wide there is nothing more happening in the economic field than here. You can not even rent a motel room in Gladstone. There is not enough accomadation for workers and not enough workers for the jobs. If you want financial stability and a great laid back lifestyle, our region offers the best of both worlds. If anyone wants a personal tour, i'll pick you up at the Rocky airport. A mate of mine is in charge of economic development for Gladstone and he travels from Yeppoon to Gladstone and back every day. Check your maps to see that trip. Make no mistake, we are, and have been booming for a few years now. Viva la progress!! From Gladstone to Longreach and Bundaberg to Mackay, our region is known to the savvy as, Gods country. You all really need to check it out and not go by what you saw here 5/10 years ago. :D

May be time to look at some property there.

Peter C said:
mozgrame said:

May be time to look at some property there.

You'll struggle to find anything decent. Broken down old fibro houses an hour and a half out of town are 200k. We've got over a dozen high schools in Rocky that are really struggling to meet the influx of kids. I do a lot of work for Ray White real estate and they can't keep houses on their books. As soon as they're listed, they're sold. Loads of investors from Sydney and Melbourne are snapping up properties. Rentals are through the roof and forget about the little mining towns like Moranbah for example. They've run out of space and are now building up to accomadate workers. I bought a house for 105k 7 years ago, i've done very little to it, and it was valued last thursday at 320k. The smart investors are laughing. (me too):)

[/quote]

You'll struggle to find anything decent. Broken down old fibro houses an hour and a half out of town are 200k. We've got over a dozen high schools in Rocky that are really struggling to meet the influx of kids. I do a lot of work for Ray White real estate and they can't keep houses on their books. As soon as they're listed, they're sold. Loads of investors from Sydney and Melbourne are snapping up properties. Rentals are through the roof and forget about the little mining towns like Moranbah for example. They've run out of space and are now building up to accomadate workers. I bought a house for 105k 7 years ago, i've done very little to it, and it was valued last thursday at 320k. The smart investors are laughing. (me too):)
[/quote]

Unfortunatly LNG has wrecked this once great city. The lack of forsight from all forms of government of the needs of such a large influx of people is mind blowing!! People that have lived here all their lives are being forced out by not being able to afford $1000pw rents in what they used to pay $375pw for.

You cant fish in the harbour (you can but im not eating it) and dont even try to get wireless internet on your phone or laptop as because of the congestion it's impossible. You cant get your washing machine fixed or get anything trade oriented done as Bechtel have taken all the tradesmen.

You're right Maddog, and that's where the opportunities are boundless. Do you know any good mechanics that live interstate? They can have a start here tomorrow at any number of shops with well above award wages because most mechanics and fitters have gone to the mines. I have three businesses in Rocky and knock back work every day. I did a job this morning 9am start 2.30pm finish, cash in the hand $920. If you live in the area, have even the slightest skill in any number of fields and aren't living fat, there's a problem. I hear people saying they are closing down their shops all the time because they can't find workers. There are few workers because of the lack of accomadation.
This is whats happening, people are buying up old properties out of town, knocking them down and building town houses. Small dead towns a coming back to life. I could open a grocery shop at Wowan now and retire in it. Think outside the square and you'll clean up Maddog. It's a new frontier.

Haha yeah I am cleaning up :) But i have been here long before LNG and it is just such a shame what is happening here. I feel for the lower paid people here. You know that we still need our garbage collectors and wollies worker's for us to survive. It's just a disappointing they cant afford to live here.

Trust me...Bechtel, Santo's or Government don't care about any of that... It's all about the mighty dollar.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6