To Des Hasler:-

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
mo·men·tum /moʊˈmɛntəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[moh-men-tuhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -ta /-tə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[-tuh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, -tums.
1. force or speed of movement; impetus, as of a physical object or course of events: The car gained momentum going downhill. Her career lost momentum after two unsuccessful films.
2. Also called linear momentum. Mechanics. a quantity expressing the motion of a body or system, equal to the product of the mass of a body and its velocity, and for a system equal to the vector sum of the products of mass and velocity of each particle in the system.
3. Philosophy. moment (def. 7).
[Origin: 1690–1700; < L mōmentum; see moment]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
mo·men·tum (mō-měn'təm) Pronunciation Key
n. pl. mo·men·ta (-tə) or mo·men·tums

1. Symbol p Physics A measure of the motion of a body equal to the product of its mass and velocity. Also called linear momentum.
1. Impetus of a physical object in motion.
2. Impetus of a nonphysical process, such as an idea or a course of events: The soaring rise in interest rates finally appeared to be losing momentum.
3. Philosophy An essential or constituent element; a moment.

[Latin mōmentum, movement, from *movimentum, from movēre, to move; see meuə- in Indo-European roots.]

(Download Now or Buy the Book)
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Online Etymology Dictionary - Cite This Source
momentum
1699, "quantity of motion of a moving body," from L. momentum "movement, moving power" (see moment). Fig. use dates from 1782.

Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2001 Douglas Harper
WordNet - Cite This Source
momentum

noun
1. an impelling force or strength; "the car's momentum carried it off the road"
2. the product of a body's mass and its velocity; "the momentum of the particles was deduced from meteoritic velocities"

WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary (Beta Version) - Cite This Source
momentum [məˈmentəm] noun
the amount or force of motion in a moving body
Arabic: زَخَم، قُوَّة دافِعَه
Chinese (Simplified): 动量,动力
Chinese (Traditional): 動量,動力
Czech: hybnost
Danish: fart
Dutch: vaart
Estonian: impulss
Finnish: liikemäärä
French: quantité de mouvement
German: der Impuls
Greek: ορμή, φόρα, κεκτημένη ταχύτητα
Hungarian: mozgásmennyiség; nyomaték
Icelandic: skriðþungi
Indonesian: momentum
Italian: (quantità di moto)

Japanese: 運動量
Korean: 타성, 여세, 운동량
Latvian: kustības daudzums
Lithuanian: judÄ—jimo kiekis, varomoji jÄ—ga
Norwegian: fart, styrke, drivkraft
Polish: impet
Portuguese (Brazil): momento
Portuguese (Portugal): impulso
Romanian: moment (mecanic)
Russian: инерция движущегося тела
Slovak: hybnosť
Slovenian: gonilna sila
Spanish: impulso, ímpetu
Swedish: rörelsemängd, styrka, kraft, fart
Turkish: hız
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary (Beta Version), © 2000-2006 K Dictionaries Ltd.
The American Heritage Science Dictionary - Cite This Source
momentum (mō-měn'təm) Pronunciation Key
Plural momenta or momentums
A vector quantity that expresses the relation of the velocity of a body, wave, field, or other physical system, to its energy. The direction of the momentum of a single object indicates the direction of its motion. Momentum is a conserved quantity (it remains constant unless acted upon by an outside force), and is related by Noether's theorem to translational invariance. In classical mechanics, momentum is defined as mass times velocity. The theory of Special Relativity uses the concept of relativistic mass. The momentum of photons, which are massless, is equal to their energy divided by the speed of light. In quantum mechanics, momentum more generally refers to a mathematical operator applied to the wave equation describing a physical system and corresponding to an observable; solutions to the equation using this operator provide the vector quantity traditionally called momentum. In all of these applications, momentum is sometimes called linear momentum. See also angular momentum, impulse.

The American Heritage® Science Dictionary
Copyright © 2002 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
American Heritage New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition - Cite This Source
momentum

In physics, the property or tendency of a moving object to continue moving. For an object moving in a line, the momentum is the mass of the object multiplied by its velocity (linear momentum); thus, a slowly moving, very massive body and a rapidly moving, light body can have the same momentum. (See Newton's laws of motion.)

Note: Figuratively, momentum can refer to the tendency of a person or group to repeat recent success: “The Bears definitely have momentum after scoring those last two touchdowns.”

[Chapter:] Physical Sciences and Mathematics

The American Heritage® New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition
Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary - Cite This Source

Main Entry: mo·men·tum
Pronunciation: mO-'ment-&m, m&-'ment-
Function: noun
Inflected Form: plural mo·men·ta /-'ment-&/ or momentums
: a property of a moving body that the body has by virtue of its mass and motion and that is equal to the product of the body's mass and velocity; broadly : a property of a moving body that determines the length of time required to bring it to rest when under the action of a constant force
Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.
Investopedia - Cite This Source

Momentum

The rate of acceleration of a security's price or volume.

Investopedia Commentary

Once a momentum trader sees an acceleration in a stock's price, earnings, or revenues, the trader will often take a long or short position in the stock with the hope that its momentum will continue in either an upwards or downwards direction. This strategy relies more on short-term movements in price rather then fundamental particulars of companies, and is not recommended for novices.

Related Links

Market Strength Tutorial
Momentum Trading with Discipline
Getting Confirmation with the Momentum Strategy
Introduction to Types of Trading: Momentum Traders

See also: Contrarian, Countertrend Strategy, Momentum Fund, Style
Investopedia.com. Copyright © 1999-2005 - All rights reserved. Owned and Operated by Investopedia Inc.
Wallstreet Words - Cite This Source

momentum

The tendency of a security to continue movement in a single direction. Momentum is the underlying factor in trend analysis of stock prices.

Wall Street Words: An A to Z Guide to Investment Terms for Today's Investor by David L. Scott.
Copyright © 2003 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Acronym Finder - Cite This Source

MOMENTUM

MOMENTUM: in Acronym Finder
Acronym Finder, © 1988-2007 Mountain Data Systems
On-line Medical Dictionary - Cite This Source

momentum

momentum: in CancerWEB's On-line Medical Dictionary
On-line Medical Dictionary, © 1997-98 Academic Medical Publishing & CancerWEB

View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | All Reference | the Web

Advertisement

Perform a new search, or try your search for "momentum" at:

* Amazon.com - Shop for books, music and more
* Reference.com - Encyclopedia Search
* Reference.com - Web Search powered by Google
* Thesaurus.com - Search for synonyms and antonyms

Get CleverKeys and look up words from any program - FREE download! F

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
con·sist·en·cy /kənˈsɪstənsi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuhn-sis-tuhn-see] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -cies.
1. a degree of density, firmness, viscosity, etc.: The liquid has the consistency of cream.
2. steadfast adherence to the same principles, course, form, etc.: There is consistency in his pattern of behavior.
3. agreement, harmony, or compatibility, esp. correspondence or uniformity among the parts of a complex thing: consistency of colors throughout the house.
4. the condition of cohering or holding together and retaining form; solidity or firmness.
Also, con·sist·ence.

[Origin: 1585–95; consist(ent) + -ency]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
con·sis·ten·cy (kən-sĭs'tən-sē) Pronunciation Key
n. pl. con·sis·ten·cies

1. Agreement or logical coherence among things or parts: a rambling argument that lacked any consistency.
2. Correspondence among related aspects; compatibility: questioned the consistency of the administration's actions with its stated policy.
2. Reliability or uniformity of successive results or events: pitched with remarkable consistency throughout the season.
3. Degree of density, firmness, or viscosity: beat the mixture to the consistency of soft butter.

(Download Now or Buy the Book)
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
WordNet - Cite This Source
consistency

noun
1. the property of holding together and retaining its shape; "wool has more body than rayon"; "when the dough has enough consistency it is ready to bake"
2. a harmonious uniformity or agreement among things or parts [ant: inconsistency]
3. logical coherence and accordance with the facts; "a rambling argument that lacked any consistency"
4. (logic) an attribute of a logical system that is so constituted that none of the propositions deducible from the axioms contradict one another

WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary (Beta Version) - Cite This Source
conˈsistency noun
the degree of thickness or firmness
Example: of the consistency of dough
Arabic: صَلابَه، كَثافَه
Chinese (Simplified): 浓度,稠度
Chinese (Traditional): 濃度,稠度
Czech: hustota
Danish: konsistens; fasthed
Dutch: consistentie
Estonian: konsistents
Finnish: kiinteys
French: consistance
German: die Beschaffenheit
Greek: πυκνότητα, σταθερότητα, συνοχή
Hungarian: sűrűség
Icelandic: þykkt
Indonesian: kekentalan
Japanese: 密度

Korean: 경도, 밀도
Latvian: konsistence
Lithuanian: tankumas, tirštumas, konsistencija
Norwegian: konsistens
Polish: konsystencja
Portuguese (Brazil): consistência
Portuguese (Portugal): consistência
Romanian: con­sistenţă
Russian: консистенция
Slovak: hustota, konzistencia
Slovenian: gostota, čvrstost
Spanish: consistencia
Swedish: konsistens
Turkish: yoğunluk, kıvam
conˈsistency noun
Example: the consistency of his work
Arabic: ثَبات، إسْتِقامَه
Chinese (Simplified): 一致
Chinese (Traditional): 一致
Czech: důslednost, souvislost
Danish: konsistens; fasthed
Dutch: consequentheid
Estonian: kokkusobivus, järjekindlus
Finnish: yhtäpitävyys, johdonmukaisuus
French: cohérence
German: die Beschaffenheit
Greek: συνέπεια
Hungarian: következetesség
Indonesian: konsistensi, ketaat-azasan
Japanese: 一貫性

Korean: 일관성
Latvian: konsekvence; saskaņa
Lithuanian: nuoseklumas
Norwegian: konsekvens
Polish: konsekwencja
Portuguese (Brazil): coerência
Portuguese (Portugal): constância
Romanian: consecvenţă
Russian: последовательность
Slovak: dôslednosť
Slovenian: doslednost
Swedish: konsekvens, följdriktighet
Turkish: tutarlılık
See also: consist, consistently, consistent

Zzzz it all you like pal, in 2005 we ended the year in a slump. In 2006, we lost our last 3 - in ugly fashion. Des thinks he has the squad to lose 3 on the trot, then possibly come out against The Bulldogs maybe at Brookvale, play players that haven't played for some time, and roll over the top of the them?

Your kidding.

I would rather the side go into the finals with no niggles to be honest Ryan.

We have shown how much better we are than 93.4% of the competition.

I have no doubt that when the boys come back next week, they will pump the dragons at home a cream anyone who we play in the first HOME final.

Be at ease rhino, Des knows what hes doing.

We may lose this one but we will get the Dragons at Brookvale next Sunday so no need for worry. Des knows what he is doing!!!

I hope so guys. I really do.
I just hate knowing we are going to be beaten in a match regardless of who plays !

I also am worried we are getting into some wrong habits. We don't have a squad like Melbourne, and can't just turn things around.

The Danish word for momentum is fart?

Well if the boys need help in building up their fart before the finals I will be happy to help. By the time I am finished they will be dutch ovening the opposition.

I hope so guys. I really do.
I just hate knowing we are going to be beaten in a match regardless of who plays !

I also am worried we are getting into some wrong habits. We don't have a squad like Melbourne, and can't just turn things around.

You were saying a month or two back or squad was equal to that of melbourne.

Anyway our guys need a rest as they have niggling injuries and resting them gives the back ups much needed match time and a chance to impress Des, it should put us in a better position come finals time. However I do see where you are coming from as there is some doubt in the back of my mind.

Actually, no. A few positives:-

Bani - well done...Take my hat off to you, and give 30-40 games experience...him and Robbo will be ruthless. Then add Stewart at the back. Bani got involved when able, scored a great try. Pretty happy there.

That said guys. Bad, heavy loss. Hall gone probably. Momentum gone. Looking forward to Brooky next week. It's about time we are at home again.

4 from 6 away really isn't that bad.

[quote author=Ryan]

The Danish word for momentum is fart?

Well if the boys need help in building up their fart before the finals I will be happy to help. By the time I am finished they will be dutch ovening the opposition.
[/quote]

Norweigan's and sweeds like to fart as well.

Solvenian sounds like a sexual disease.

No wodner we lost today as Des couldn't understand the instructions.

Losing their last 2 regular season games seemed to hurt the Tigers in '05. The same goes for the Broncos last year when they got toweled by the Dragons at home during the first week of the finals.

There's absolutely no trend to momentum and it's impact on the eventual premiers.

There is a trend to your whining though.

A club needs a loss or 2 prior to the finals and also needs their top line players fresh and ready for a hard finals campaign.

A fine tune match with all players available next week and we will be right for the finals.

The only ones we will be missing are Hall (offset by kings return) and Burns (who wouldnt have got a run next week anyway).

[quote author=c_eagle]

\"There's absolutely no trend to momentum\"

You absolute and utter idiot ! 8|
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you're meant to be quoting the first post in this thread.

So Des should fart us towards the finals>?
I don't know I think were still going pretty well. The last couple of games have come down to us doing a mountain of defence. It's not like we're getting smashed from the kickoff, we're just not coming over teams in the second half like we usually do because there have been injuries or completely incompetent refs.
Defence looks good (35 tackles in arow last week, is that some sort of record?), attack is looking good and effort is looking good. Plus we've go home games for the next few weeks, oh happy days :D . :drunk:

Rhino - time to look for the glass half full again. We have a PL team that won't make the semis and yet more than half of them were on the paddock against a top 4 team at home.

I can just iimagine Des at training: Look Glenn and Snake - I know you are carrying injuries which could stuff up the most important semi final series in 10 years. However our supporters need you to win a meaningless game just so they can feel good about momentum. Would you mind hobbling through 80 minutes just to keep the little man happy!!!!

Yeah right!!!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4