Titans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Check this out for confirmed players already:-

1. Richie Mathers
2. Matt Petersen
3. Clint Greenshields
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Myers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Luke Swain
13. Luke O'Dwyer

Potentials:- Craig Fitzgibbon, Frank Pritchard & Jamie Lyon. Great to see they have a talent pool already to draw from in their local area like they put forward in their proposal. Must be the reserves bench.

What the hell is their 1st year salary cap? 8| 8| 8|

If you ask me, that's a top 8 side !!!!

Ryan ,

a sensible post ??????
are you feeling OK ??

That certainly looks to be a very competitive team. I can't begrudge The Gold Coast for chasing top line players. They obviously want to do well from the start to keep their sponsors & supporters interested.

Remember the Melbourne Storm won the premiership after only 2 or 3 years in the competition.

Most teams play about 25 players in first grade during a season. Many debut sides have made the mistake of trying to pick 13 stars and then lacked the other ingredients to play well consistently.

They do have a very good junior league and the ability to pick up players in the Brisbane comp and those cast off by other QLD teams. The climate might also attract some players.

Still don't think they will really compete for a few years though Chuckwood is right about Melbourne.

It's a solid squad but nothing special. Bailey is the best signing they have made, Carney is a great winger, but he is just a winger, Meyers was in England for a reason, Prince and Campbell should go ok but you never know, they have both played poorly for most of this year, the rest of them could go either way. Throw in the fact that they will have a rookie coach.

CW got it right, we have to wait and see what their top 25 looks like.

the main thing is they have close to the best junior nursery in the game with Keebra Park and Palm Beach High (benjis school)being 2 of the strongest schools in Qld,Nsw..They also have the Northern Rivers Group 18 to pull from which is very strong.

I heard on ABC Grandstand on the way back from Penrith on sunday that the Titans have signed Jake Webster & Steve Turner from the Storm...I dont know how factual that was but if it is true they are going to have a strong backline next year.Steve Turner is a very handy solid footballer and he has smart hands.

the main thing is they have close to the best junior nursery in the game with Keebra Park and Palm Beach High (benjis school)being 2 of the strongest schools in Qld,Nsw..They also have the Northern Rivers Group 18 to pull from which is very strong.
benji went to keebra

ive also been told that keebra are keepin the link with the Tigers

where did you get your greenshields info ? I heard over the weekend he still didnt have a side fo rnext year

It depends on what the players attitude is when they get there - if they go up there for a holiday like all the players did in the 1980/90s then it will take a few years to build a winning team culture

its an ok team but not the best roster going around and they will have no second tier players with much experience - the school kids are flegg age and will take a few years to come through - look out for them in 3 years like the storm.

whilst it looks a solid team how long does it take for any club to incorporate a new player into their ranks? Let alone a whole new team - look at the improvement in Orford for an example

That's a damn good point actually Matt. I rate Laffranchi, and obviously Bailey is an animal...but Myers is sh*t, Swain is a workhorse who plays well in patches (Willow anyone?) and O'Dwyer....is he an Eel? I haven't really heard much of him.

They need another powerhouse forward just as much as Manly do!

That team looks pretty amazing however they well struggle with depth for the first season unjury will be the key.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4