TITANS V SEA EAGLES -Teams,chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There is a whole of people heading up for this one.

The away supporters bay (S14) has sold a bumper number of tickets and is close to being sold out in that area.

Meeting point for many is the Robina Tavern from 5.30 onwards (see http://www.robinatavern.net.au/)

They have a free shuttle bus to the ground that starts running at 6.00 - this will be busy so the Manly club has put a bus on as well

$5 a head leaving at around 6.50pm (I booked me and the 5 travelling with me on it so we don't need to worry getting on the free one) - as of this arvo there was only 8 seats left on the "official" bus so see the forum on the official club site for details and booking details.

There is a function after the game at the Crowne Plaza Surfers where the players will come as will a number of former greats including Wombat and BK (Event sold out at 200 people and there is a waiting list) - all the makings of a great trip!

We fly up on Friday on the Jetstar 12.35pm flight and I know of at least 6 other Manly fans getting the same flight plus around 20 who are flying up tomorrow

Many of the "Queensland" crew are travelling over on Friday arvo so will be great

Injury toll fails to deter Titans
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23964351-23214,00.html
    By Crystal Ja
    July 03, 2008

THE Gold Coast Titans insist it will be business as usual when they match up against ladder leaders Manly in round 17 this weekend, despite their woeful injury losses.
A series of injuries to key playmakers could not have come at a worse time for the Titans, having lost four of their past five matches and with their finals chances now in jeopardy.

The Titans revealed co-captain Scott Prince will miss at least eight weeks, and probably more, after fracturing his left forearm during State of Origin on Wednesday.

They had already been dealt one crushing blow last week, with an ankle injury ruling out fellow co-captain Luke Bailey for the season.

Add back-rower Ashley Harrison to the list, who is unlikely to start against the Sea Eagles, having suffered a rib injury while playing for the Maroons.

Despite Prince's exit and an array of other player losses, coach John Cartwright insisted the Titans were not done and dusted.

A barrage of injuries last year became a key talking point when the Titans just missed out on finals action.

"We have got 10 games to go and by no means are we talking about our season being over," Cartwright said.

"We have had a couple of good results, last week not so good, but I was happy with the effort, I was happy with the amount of points we were able to score without Princey there."

Minus Prince, Harrison and Anthony Laffranchi to Origin duty, the Titans' fortress Skilled Park became a fortress no more on Saturday, when the Dragons dealt them their first home loss of the season.

Rookie Brad Davis will start in Prince's place again this week, in just his third NRL game of his career.

He admitted he had some big boots to fill, but was talking tough ahead of their crunch game against the Sea Eagles, who have won their past four matches.

"There's pressure every week in the halves, so I'm not feeling any different about this one particular game," he said.

"Obviously I just want to go out there and play well and hopefully get the two points `cause we need them.

"(But) we are approaching it no different."

He said the team would give it everything to prove they were still a finals contender.

"You can't hold back in footy, you've got to go 100 per cent or you will get hurt," he said.

"You've just got to go and rip in."

AAP

Berkeley_Eagle link said:
And that news followed Aaron Cannings being ruled out for six weeks with a leg injury.

Hasn't he been total crap since he left us.  Some fans thought it was the end of the world.

Hey Vidmar , I'm also on the 12.35pm Jestar flight. I'll be wearing my Manly Centenary polo. If you see/find me , I'll buy you a lager. We've got 6 guys heading up but at different times throughout the day. What a week of footy. Went to Origin # 3 last night , Skilled Park (Fri nite) and up to Suncorp on Sat nite for the Rugby YAWNion.

Odds for Manly have shortened.

Pre Origin III 1.70
Now 1.28

Betting online was closed during the series decider, otherwise there would have been a flurry of bets after Prince broke his arm.

Not that I am condoning gambling, but the bookmakers are good at reading the state of the teams.

They think this will be a Sea Eagles romp. 13+ only pays 2.05!

Late Mail

Glenn Jackson | July 4, 2008

MANLY coach Des Hasler is wary the twin withdrawals of Scott Prince and Ashley Harrison will inspire Gold Coast tonight at Skilled Park.

Prince broke his arm in Wednesday night's third Origin clash and Harrison suffered rib cartilage damage, less than a week after prop Luke Bailey was ruled out for the season. Brad Davis is Prince's likely replacement, with Daniel Conn likely to start at lock for Harrison.

"He [Prince] has been arguably the best player all year," Hasler said. "It's a real blow. I think it'll inspire them. I think they'll turn around and really dig in." Manly winger Michael Bani, chosen on a five-man bench, is a chance of playing.

Yeah it is pretty overcast today and looking like it may rain.
But it never rains in QLD, the Gold Coast gets rain blowing over from NSW though

Berkeley_Eagle link said:
Manly winger Michael Bani, chosen on a five-man bench, is a chance of playing.

I wonder if Williams misses out or there is someone injured?

Dan link said:
Yeah it is pretty overcast today and looking like it may rain.
But it never rains in QLD, the Gold Coast gets rain blowing over from NSW though

The wind must be blowing hard today. Its reached up here.  :eek:

Have a good night Cliffy - cheer the boys home for all of us stuck in Sydney

Cliffy Gc link said:
no rain yet but it looks like its close

There's a little bit coming up from the south (Byron bay to Mullumbimby) then heading out to sea east of the Tweed & Coolangatta & then returning back inland around the sunshine coast & then swirling SW to SE back towards Brisbane & the GC. What ends up falling over the GC is a matter of opinion.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Cliffy Gc link=topic=177766.msg188751#msg188751 date=1215149976]
no rain yet but it looks like its close

There's a little bit coming up from the south (Byron bay to Mullumbimby) then heading out to sea east of the Tweed & Coolangatta & then returning back inland around the sunshine coast & then swirling SW to SE back towards Brisbane & the GC. What ends up falling over the GC is a matter of opinion.

[/quote]

Agreed, some of it even ended up blowing sideways all the way up here

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4