Pre-Game Titans V Manly [Round 7, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 34
Cbus Super Stadium
20 Apr 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Will be interesting to see how tactically Seibold goes in this game with 3 props out.

Is he going to back Woodside to pump out 30 mins at prop?
Provided Paseka and Bullemor play a top shelf 60min each, and Jake does his 80min, then Croker, Waddell, and Lawton should reliably cover the majority of the rest, leaving Woods and Matterson to hopefully only be needed for 10-20min each tops if absolutely necessary.

If our leaders turn up dropping balls with no focus or energy, we will get humiliated like in Wollongong. Not too concerned with our weakened bench. There's enough quality there to dominate.

The key will be keeping our heads, as Des will have them frustrating the sh*t out of us all game, he's a master at spoiling the ruck and the opposition's momentum.

We simply cannot afford to lose this one

Sadly I smell an upset , we are red hot favourites & I’m sure you’ve noticed that when we are underdogs we really turn up , and when we are favourites, we don’t.

I’ve never understood why , but it’s been happening for years.

Tits fullback Sami ruled out which means AJ brimson likely to move to FB and Tannah Boyd into halves.

That will be a big disruption for them as Boyd has been out of favour of late.

We got this! This is 2024 and the Des is on the other foot!

Provided Paseka and Bullemor play a top shelf 60min each, and Jake does his 80min, then Croker, Waddell, and Lawton should reliably cover the majority of the rest, leaving Woods and Matterson to hopefully only be needed for 10-20min each tops if absolutely necessary.

If our leaders turn up dropping balls with no focus or energy, we will get humiliated like in Wollongong. Not too concerned with our weakened bench. There's enough quality there to dominate.

The key will be keeping our heads, as Des will have them frustrating the sh*t out of us all game, he's a master at spoiling the ruck and the opposition's momentum.

We simply cannot afford to lose this one
The mad professor mightn’t be the force he used to be but he’ll know exactly which buttons to push to ensure we get frustrated.

In reality , he has to do that as on paper we should beat them, but , upset the game plan and we’ll likely fall apart.

I can smell it coming.

Sadly I smell an upset , we are red hot favourites & I’m sure you’ve noticed that when we are underdogs we really turn up , and when we are favourites, we don’t.

I’ve never understood why , but it’s been happening for years.
Never used to happen in our Dominating years when we used to win comps and also used to be the most hated , despised and feared team and proudly stand alone at the top of the ladder

We need to over come this bad habit that has been happening to us and start being a more consistent team

Which F’n planet is Des on this week?

Seibs should ask him.
space sun GIF by Discovery Europe

Danger game

Yes even with all our outs if we are serious about playing footy come finals time we just need to win I don't care how we get there

We should still have enough talent to beat them

I will take us by 1

Danger game
Danger game ?
Des's Powder puffs could NOT manage a win from their last 5 games
They are the worst performing team in the comp
Surely we cant lose to this rabble
And what the fck has happened to the great inspirational Des Hasler ?
Great coaches do not lose 5 games in row
Seibold should not lose this game against a team that does not seem to know how to win

Danger game ?
Des's Powder puffs could NOT manage a win from their last 5 games
They are the worst performing team in the comp
Surely we cant lose to this rabble
And what the fck has happened to the great inspirational Des Hasler ?
Great coaches do not lose 5 games in row
Seibold should not lose this game against a team that does not seem to know how to win
Are you trying to jinx us mate?

I would usually be at this match in some kind of live game excitement frenzy. Have a family event in Brisbane instead so I'll miss this one. Hopefully our players step up after the frustration of last week and we snag a good win.
Anything can happen though. Titans can test us. Would be great if the Manly boys got in a mood and racked up a number though.
Go Manly!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8