Pre-Game Titans V Manly [Round 7, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 34
Cbus Super Stadium
20 Apr 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

He's playing this week Boz.

No point focusing on the negatives.

What ever Woodsy brings this week, let's hope it is the best that Woodsy can.

I'm hungry for a win in this one.
The Negative Perspective ....
Negativity is living in Denial feathered friend
I am Realist
And the Reality is Woodsie is Dormant on the field these Day

He is a Wonderful Character and Commentator but his NRL Days are Done !
So we must leave him doing what he does best these days and that is holding a microphone and not a NRL ball

I am Hungry for a Win as well but if I see Woodsie on our 17 menu once again he will spoil my appetite

We love you Woodsie but not on the field for Manly
1713499497278.png

I know it is very early in the season to call a game make or break but in some ways, this is the game that will tell us whether we are serious about 2024 or not.

If we lose, I fear it indicates a repeat of Manly, post the glory days of 2007-2014. That is, a fair roster that is just shy of playing with the big boys, content with chalking up the occasional good win, before dropping a couple and losing touch with the top sides.
Given how we have preformed against top teams, dropping points to a winless team would be painful. The narrative will start to build that we are a great team that chokes against cellar dwellers. We need this game to be a solid win with an 8/10 performance. Nothing fancy but never in doubt.

Go all out for the first 60 and hopefully we will get to a lead that will make the bench less relevant. Could even start Waddell in the middle and Lawton at left backrower. Lawton will still be fresh enough to spell Froggy for 20.

Go all out for the first 60 and hopefully we will get to a lead that will make the bench less relevant. Could even start Waddell in the middle and Lawton at left backrower. Lawton will still be fresh enough to spell Froggy for 20.
Yeah you might be on the money with Waddell in the middle. You've won me.

Make just the one big change by starting Matto left edge.

Jake than stays at lock defending the middle.

Lawton on the bench. Inject speed at 9 and super sub. But we retain the continuity defending the middle

May be even push Lodge back to the bench to swap with Nella. So we've one big man leader all game.

Bull and Waddell swapping as the other book end with footwork and speed.

We have to play this one different in the middle. What do we want @BOZO? Speed. And more speed up the middle. Line speed. Up tempo. Change of angles.

We can still win this easy.

Last edited:
Yeah you might be on the money with Waddell in the middle.

One big change. Start Matto left edge.

Jake stays at lock defending the middle.

Lawton on the bench. Inject speed at 9 and super sub.

May be even push Lodge to the bench to swap with Nella. One big man leader all game.

Bull and Waddell swapping as the other book end.

We have to play this one different in the middle. What do we want @BOZO? Speed. Line speed. Up tempo. Change of angles.
This was my initial thought also, but I don't think Seibs will go for it unless he trusts Matterson more than I think he does. Thank god we have Guac on Fifis' side. If I was Des I'd have a nicer house and I'd consider shifting Fifi to the other side.

This was my initial thought also, but I don't think Seibs will go for it unless he trusts Matterson more than I think he does. Thank god we have Guac on Fifis' side. If I was Des I'd have a nicer house and I'd consider shifting Fifi to the other side.

Seibs does seems to trust Woodsie to at least hold his own for a stint.

I guess he Could just be backing Woodsie to pump out 30 mins at prop. With Bull also needed this week upfront.

Matto selection covers the role those two usually have covered spelling Jake at lock and cover an injury on an edge.

Will be interesting to see how tactically Seibold thinks is the way to get this job done now he's gone with Matto.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how tactically Seibold goes in this game with 3 props out.

Is he going to back Woodside to pump out 30 mins at prop?
Gonna need 80 from Jake and Waddell. Thank F Tino is out, levels the playing field considerably. Both teams coming off 90ish minute games so whoever has to work the hardest in the early stages will struggle at the end of the game.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8