Pre-Game Titans V Manly [Round 7, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 34
Cbus Super Stadium
20 Apr 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

I am very concerned that it will almost be impossible to win this week’s game with what the refs will come up with. Des has them primed to give the titans all the calls after last week.
Agree , all that ranting last week was more about this weeks game than the Raiders one. He’s a master at the art.

Don't know where Sykes is heading. I always think he has something to offer. He does bring some energy into the game. Last week was originally selected in Massey Cup for Mounties before being included in Blacktown. I still feel he has something to offer. Same with Dias however I haven't been promoted from the lounge to the coaches box,....yet.
They rarely show the BWSE games on Foxtel but did last Saturday , and for the Woods haters not a single forward really stood up and said “ pick me pick me “.

Parker was average , James & Sykes did ok but you could see they were reserve graders.

Whilst I realise that Woods is old , and much slower than he used to be , he can do a job for a short stint.

I fear that if an inexperienced forward gets in they’d be heavily targeted ,especially by the top teams.

Although if there was a game to throw a youngster in this would be it.

Titans v Sea Eagles​

• Referee: Liam Kennedy
  • Touch Judge: Belinda Sharpe*
  • Touch Judge: Nick Pelgrave
  • Standby Touch Judge: TBC
  • Bunker Review Official: Gerard Sutton

They rarely show the BWSE games on Foxtel but did last Saturday , and for the Woods haters not a single forward really stood up and said “ pick me pick me “.

Parker was average , James & Sykes did ok but you could see they were reserve graders.

Whilst I realise that Woods is old , and much slower than he used to be , he can do a job for a short stint.

I fear that if an inexperienced forward gets in they’d be heavily targeted ,especially by the top teams.

Thought that Parker had an excellent game. Tackled very effectively throughout the game.

I am very concerned that it will almost be impossible to win this week’s game with what the refs will come up with. Des has them primed to give the titans all the calls after last week.
Only way to counteract this, is by us to score 2 early tries. This will deflate them togeher with the crowd support. Our backs are back at full strength now. Titans goal line defence is soft with Tommy running rampant, he'll have a field day.

Only way to counteract this, is by us to score 2 early tries. This will deflate them togeher with the crowd support. Our backs are back at full strength now. Titans goal line defence is soft with Tommy running rampant, he'll have a field day.
Didn't we do this against Parra, and also Warriors? It seems jumping out to an early lead is penalised these days, with the faster starting team pulled back by the ref. Unscrupulous NRL strategy now punishes good performance for the advertising revenue

Your last comment is where I am at.
I have often seen players in reserves are just ok but really good with better players around them in firsts.

Didn't we do this against Parra, and also Warriors? It seems jumping out to an early lead is penalised these days, with the faster starting team pulled back by the ref. Unscrupulous NRL strategy now punishes good performance for the advertising revenue
True, but the Titans aren't up there with the Warriors and to a lesser extent Parra. Des will have them fired up no doubt but they'll crumble in a heap when the blowtorch is applied and it will.

Your last comment is where I am at.
I have often seen players in reserves are just ok but really good with better players around them in firsts.
Actually, this sums up Parker, IMO. In a great team he is a very important cog. I never expected him to shine in Workers, just learn the craft of the back row. Assuming he picks up what he needs to, I think he could potentially be a very high value component in a contending team.

Thought that Parker had an excellent game. Tackled very effectively throughout the game.
Funny how different people view things , and that’s perfectly fine , I thought he really didn’t do much.

I do understand he’s converting from one position to another so it will take time.

Des will have the tits up no doubt especially after last week, and the fact they're playing Manly. Seibold and coaching staff will be very aware of this, but we should win this game comfortably as long as the boys don't go in there thinking they've already won before the ball is kicked.
This should be the game where they show no mercy and improve on the for and against.

Hopefully, there'll be another good Manly crowd turn up and make enough noise to also have some influence. I'll be trying anyway >:)

I reckon we will storm to a 20 0 lead early.
After that i hope we dont get too excited as usual and try to score each play or kick it on the 3rd tackle when its unnecessary. Just play mistake free and dont give the ref an opportunity to penalize or 6 again us. Pretty please 🥺

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8