Pre-Game Titans V Manly [Round 7, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 34
Cbus Super Stadium
20 Apr 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Not too sure. The bunker ruled a penalty so they saw it as foul play regardless of what we think.
I’ll be shocked, poor call by the bunker, not worth going over it we all saw it, if they charge him, which I can’t see, I’d be disappointed if a) its even a fine, b) it’s anything more than a fine c) if his charged, he accepts the early plea and d) the club doesn’t fight the charge. We’ll just have to wait and see, surely not, would really be a case of rubbing salt into the wound.

I’ll be shocked, poor call by the bunker, not worth going over it we all saw it, if they charge him, which I can’t see, I’d be disappointed if a) its even a fine, b) it’s anything more than a fine c) if his charged, he accepts the early plea and d) the club doesn’t fight the charge. We’ll just have to wait and see, surely not, would really be a case of rubbing salt into the wound.
I agree he doesn't deserve anything from it, just depends what's flavour of the month.

The good news is that they will be smarting about only getting a draw.* Remember what happened last year after the draw with the Shirley Knights? They smashed the Squall at Brookvale.

It’s funny how eerily similar our early season form is compared to last year’s results.

*In stating that, Manly were vastly superior vs the UnZud Bouncers than they were against the Gladys Knights.
No, last year we beat the Eels before the draw. After the draw we were belted by Penrith! but did bounce back for that powerful win v Storm.
But yes, Manly were (mostly) excellent yesterday whereas the Knights draw was pretty loose. This year's Manly is better than 2023, the improved depth is starting to show already.

No, last year we beat the Eels before the draw. After the draw we were belted by Penrith! but did bounce back for that powerful win v Storm.
But yes, Manly were (mostly) excellent yesterday whereas the Knights draw was pretty loose. This year's Manly is better than 2023, the improved depth is starting to show already.
I said it was ‘similar’, not the same.

The good news is that they will be smarting about only getting a draw.* Remember what happened last year after the draw with the Shirley Knights? They smashed the Squall at Brookvale.

It’s funny how eerily similar our early season form is compared to last year’s results.

*In stating that, Manly were vastly superior vs the UnZud Bouncers than they were against the Gladys Knights.
your code names are getting out of control to the point I can't decipher them

Toff injured his knee in the match.

And Josh A may be in trouble with the judiciary.

I think we'll need Lodge.
If we have to rely on Lodge first up from a long spell and A Woods to cover Sips and Aloaia, we could be in a bit of strife.

your code names are getting out of control to the point I can't decipher them
Shirley Knight, late US leading and later character actress (Helen Hunt’s mum in ‘As Good as it Gets’).

Gladys Knight (US soul singer) of ‘Gladys Knight and the Pips’ fame. Touring Australia again shortly. Someone beat me to that tag elsewhere.

UnZud: Kiwese for NZ.

woods, yes. Lodge, no. He is an absolute animal.
I don't see any value in having Woods on the bench and only playing him for seven minutes. This is a waste. It would be much more sensible having Arthur in his place on the bench. He can cover a few different positions should he be needed, including as a lock.
For props we can have Tent, Lodge, Jurbo, Bully... Not ideal, but it would only be for one match.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8