Tipping Round 5 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Woohoo !! I got the first game of the weekend right, and the last game. Unfortunately nothing in between.... 2 from 7. It's only 5 rounds into the season but when I look at the draw I feel like Ian Baker Finch standing over a 6 footer. I've got the tipping yips big time. I cannot seriously tip any game with any degree of confidence. I would have been better off not putting my tips in and getting the 4 away winners. I wasn't the worst tipper of the weekend though, we did have one tipper (who shall remain nameless) who managed the not so mean feat of tipping no winners at all. That's zero from 8, nada, zip, zilch, duck egg.

I'm hoping that it will come as no surprise that there was no full round tipped this week. What I did find surprising was that there were 7 tippers who managed to tip 5 winners out of that catastrophe of a weekend. Including the bonus game that earned them 12 valuable points. @COMMANDER @eagle66 @"The Army Of One" @mickqld @SeaEagleRock8 @wombatgc and @JEF .........well done. But who picked closest to the Bunnies 20 point margin ??

The Sea Eagles Heritage Round Tipping Comp weekly winner for Round 5 is...........

@COMMANDER who got within 8 of Souths winning margin. No one rules like COMMANDER rules. Good job, PM me your name and best email contact and I will pass onto the club who will be in contact about your double pass to Brookie.

@Clint has hung onto the lead and @"Shaka1eye" has been joined by @Moondog in second spot.

Leaderboard can be viewed here

2014 Tipping Comp Leaderboard

I'll be looking for a novel method of picking winners this week, does anyone know where that Octopus they used in the last World Cup is ? This weeks bonus game is the Tigers and Cowboys. Good luck all.

^ That octopus died as I found out when thinking along the same lines as you.

Getting 0 from 8 is a pretty mean feat in itself! - so well done ManlyBacker!! :p

Well done Commander!, and nice golf reference c and c!

wow - I can't believe I'm 20 points behind the leader in round 5!!!!

globaleagle said:

Getting 0 from 8 is a pretty mean feat in itself! - so well done ManlyBacker!! :p

You must be my counterweight GE - I've moved up two spots this week :p :huh: :D

HappilyManly said:
globaleagle said:

You must be my counterweight GE - I've moved up two spots this week :p :huh: :D

yeah yeah....you're friggen welcome! :mad: ;):angel::D:p lol

This comp is totally rigged, I have no other reasoning for my inability to get more than a few right

You probably did, but if you didn't get any of the other games right than it is no use to you. The margin in the bonus game is only used to determine an outright weekly winner if we have two or more tippers who tip the same amount of games.

Chip and Chase said:
You probably did, but if you didn't get any of the other games right than it is no use to you. The margin in the bonus game is only used to determine an outright weekly winner if we have two or more tippers who tip the same amount of games.
Thanks Chip and Chase, as you can tell I'm sharing a brain and it's not my turn today:)

Only in a week of complete mediocrity could I win a tipping round.

My George Costanza "do the exact opposite" strategy paid off!

To all of you finding this a bit too hard, don't lose heart, there are great opportunities for ladder climbing in this climate of uncertainty.I just advanced 60 places in 2 weeks!
(my method - dumb luck)

Chip and Chase said:

Lol. Cop that @Moondog
Hope your day improves mate. :p

Clint said:
Chip and Chase said:

Lol. Cop that @Moondog

I just noticed your user name is in italics!

....wait...as is Dan's

:dodgy:

Clint said:
Chip and Chase said:

Lol. Cop that @Moondog

His day is going OK, he is coming 2nd overall so can't complain about that. Try coming 73rd and see how it feels.

Chip and Chase said:
His day is going OK, he is coming 2nd overall so can't complain about that. Try coming 73rd and see how it feels.

lol, see you there next week!

ManlyBacker said:
Zilch. I've gone from 4th to 66th in two weeks! I'm letting the pet have a go and see if that helps.

Yep ,My three year old is picking this week !!

This is what happens with the new ranking....I liked the old days when my 13th was a nice shield from how truly awful my tipping is

Clint said:
Chip and Chase said:

Lol. Cop that @Moondog
Finished work and having first beer of the day. Things are starting to look a lot better!

Clint said:
Chip and Chase said:

Lol. Cop that @Moondog
Finished work and having first beer of the day. Things are starting to look a lot better!

Clint said:
Chip and Chase said:

Lol. Cop that @Moondog
Finished work an having first beer of the day. Things are improving rapidly!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
To all of you finding this a bit too hard, don't lose heart, there are great opportunities for ladder climbing in this climate of uncertainty.I just advanced 60 places in 2 weeks!
(my method - dumb luck)

33 to 13 in one week for me. I will be 20 places ahead of first next week at this rate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8