Tipping - Last Fan Standing - SUSPENDED

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Last Fan Standing Tipping is SUSPENDED

• Last

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fan

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Standing

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Tipping

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Suspended

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Till

• Further

• Notice

• Total voters
RE: Tipping - Last Fan Standing - Week 2

I'm out courtesy of a bad tip last week, but in light of the last few days do you let this week pass as some tipsters may miss out?

Yes I'm thinking the same. I don't want to disadvantage anyone because of the site being down. Let's just see how many of the still alive tippers get a choice in. If everyone fronts up then no drama. So get your choice in regardless.

A lot of the teams I favour this week are actually outsiders! So I've taken the safe option and selected Manly.

Bump. Get you pick in people

just for the record I picked Dragons. Just not sure if it worked or not.

After some discussions between the leadership group we have decided to suspend the LFS competition for the time being for the following reasons.

A) We didn't want to disadvantage anyone that may have been effected by the site hack this week.

B) We have had some feedback from users that they were unaware that competition had started. I though I had covered the notification option when I tagged every eligible user in the original LFS thread. But for some reason that tagging didn't work and the PM that I thought went out to every registered tipper didn't eventuate. So some users didn't know we had commenced, valid comment given we had 30 no shows.

Therefore it has always been our intention that everyone who paid got an opportunity to participate, so in the interests of an inclusive attitude we will be relaunching the LFS comp from scratch, probably next weekend. That will give me a second opportunity to PM/email every eligible user and make sure this time they are aware of the competition starting.

I trust everyone is OK with this, we are all here for a good time and I'm hoping none of you take it too seriously. If you feel aggrieved that you have already got through Round 1 and run the risk of being eliminated second time around, just bear in mind that you would still have had to get the tip right to stay alive whether it be week 1 or week 3.

The only people that get an advantage from this situation are those that already fell at the first hurdle, or those that didn't front up. So that's their good fortune and I don't begrudge them a bit of luck.

So apologies for the false start, but we thought it best that we do the right thing by everyone and go again. The good thing is that we now know the poll "system" works, so it should be smooth sailing from here.

Any questions or feedback are welcome.

That's a relief C & C, when I saw 'suspended' I thought one of us must have failed a drug test or something.

There's a leadership group??

btw those reasons are kinda lame and you did do a good job letting us all know.

However we're inclusive here at silvertails so LAST CHANCE YOU LAZY BUGGERS!!!!!!

You sure there's a Leadership group?

edit: for the record, I picked the cowboys.

A leadership group.....really?

Lads / leadership group

I am having trouble getting into the tipping comp after changing my password (new password is not being recognised after clearing cache etc)

Any ideas?

try your old password?
I had some password issues this morning but apparently the forum is now quite separate from the website and the tipping comp is on the website.
(I think? ... If that's wrong, someone will tell us!!)

The problem is that the current set up runs two different log ins. On for the forum and one for the rest of the site (home page, tipping comp, news etc). So if you change your password in User CP it only changes it for the forum part of the site I believe. So your old one will still work to log you in for Tipping comp etc. There is a similar control panel for the other log in, but can't remember how to access. @Dan might answer that.

Correct you would need to go to the front end of the site http://www.silvertails.net and then login you will then see an Account or Profile link

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8