Time to end the walker experiment!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
People should lay off @Turbo a bit. He's a kid expressing his opinions. Us older folk may feel we know a bit more but you can ease off having a dig at him. Just explain how you think he's wrong if you disagree.
I actually like having a passionate kid around. Even if he does have some thoughts that are a little extreme. Good to see a kid who cares.
Thanks bro I like hearing people who are happy to embrace my opinion some may be a little extreme like drooping chez! Haha

If it's on form the 10 million dollar man misses out.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion but DCE is way ahead in long kicking, passing and 5th tackle options, 3 of the most important things needed. His defense is a close second to Api and he is on par with short kicking.

Walker leads taking the line on/running lines but thats it so far.

DCE is first picked every time if you score with an even marking sheet.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion but DCE is way ahead in long kicking, passing and 5th tackle options, 3 of the most important things needed. His defense is a close second to Api and he is on par with short kicking.

Yes but on current form DCE is a reserve grader compared to api this year. But if DCE finds his form look out hope he does

Fantastic problem to have. Api is our best atm so how can you drop him? Or even put him on the bench in this form? He is a real threat in attack and has done so well in defence too. Barrett has locked himself into Walker at five eighth. So what do you do? Wouldn't even rule out Barrett moving Chez into lock a la SOO to add an extra playmaker. He's already successfully thought outside the box by bringing Api into half-back.

Hmmmm, interesting theory man. Well said.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Yes but on current form DCE is a reserve grader compared to api this year. But if DCE finds his form look out hope he does
I'd say DCE at half has earned the benefit of the doubt. He had a few average games whilst the whole team was struggling - if he comes back and they are rolling, he will take it up a notch. He has the combination of a great running game AND great organisation and kicking. Everyone will be better off if he's back healthy and firing.

It's almost better if they play well in his absence because then he won't need to rush back. It's a long season and you need to be playing your best footy at the end of it.

Not having a go at you Turbo, but did you see DCE play in the game against the Sharks? He looked a lot better. Still not at his best, but a lot better.

The game against the Chooks was just a shambles from everyone on the field and then he got injured.

DCE will come back as halfback, it just remains to be seen who TB drops for him. I suspect that it'll be Api and depending on how he goes until Chez returns, I think he'll probably go back to the bench.

One thing we have to remember is that Walker was signed to be a running 5/8, not a play maker. That's mostly what he's been doing, its just that with DCE out injured he's got more responsibility than anyone thought he would, especially this early in the season while he is still learning the position.

Another stupid thread without thinking.

So who do you drop - Matai or Lyons?

Fans were calling for some brisb 5/8th last year.

Luckily coaches don't listen to the popcorn brigade.

Api will battle with Parcelbwhen DCE comes back
I dont know about that, i know its highly controversial but i think Walker to Centre is the right move. He is wasted at 6 imo.

Who do you drop?

Who plays 6? Lyon has said publically he does not want to.
That is the hard part, ive been one of Matai's biggest fans for a long time, but at this stage in his career i think Walker has more to offer in that position. Please don't flame me to hard, its just an idea to get the most out of Walker.

Koroisau plays 6 on form but you can't drop anyone else

Dear Turbo,

I feel as a regular correspondent of yours, obliged to break bad news to you as gently as possible.

When DCE returns, and baring injuries, Api will be back in Reggies. It is sad, but there it is. It is possible he will get a bench spot, but I feel this would be unlikely as it would mean dropping Brown who is a professional bench sitter with years of experience at both the club and International level.

On the bright side, injuries are a part of the game, and he will get plenty of opportunities.

DCE is like any halfback with ability. Give him a dominant forward pack to play behind and he'll be a world beater. Give him a forward pack that goes backwards and he'll look like a hack.

Even the great JT would look like a hack playing behind a pack like say, Newcastle's every week (ok, he'd probably look better than a hack, but you get my drift).

Over the past year or so DCE has rarely played behind a winning forward pack at Manly. When he has he's definitely played better.

Don't get me wrong he has been playing well this year but he has been playing as a centre if you know what I mean. His kicking and ball playing is poor, throwing lots of hospital passes. Api should stay at 6 IMO his kicking was perfect, he set up 3 tries (2 off kicks). His ball playing is there and his running is awesome and can defend well also. IMO the perfect game from api.

Api stats this week:

68 meters
36 tackles
3 try assists

Awesome stuff api!!! Long term 5/8 easy hope he got man of the match coz he deserved by the way who did get motm?

And there's the issue of when DCE comes back if api stays in the halves where does walker go? Nice headache for baz to have. Great win!

I agree. I like him for 5/8.

Cant see walker being moved yet or one of either matai or lyon dropped

Agree with most of this except for Api being a better defender. If I had to pick any half in the comp on defence alone, it would be a comfortable decision to pick DCE.

Agree with most of this except for Api being a better defender. If I had to pick any half in the comp on defence alone, it would be a comfortable decision to pick DCE.

Spot on. For me such a decision would be DCE undoubtedly. I've always admired his defence.

That is the hard part, ive been one of Matai's biggest fans for a long time, but at this stage in his career i think Walker has more to offer in that position. Please don't flame me to hard, its just an idea to get the most out of Walker.
You deserve to be flamed as hard as a flaming alf Stewart possessed by the fiery flames of hades can flame you with a flame thrower.

Matai was man of the match you flaming drongo!

Flaming heck.

Api plays a couple of good games and he's the new Travis Burns (pun flaming intended).

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6