Time tells all

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
what i do know is that almost to a member on silvertails, everyone over the years has voiced the opinion that ricky stuart is the biggest coaching myth of all time. That he was just awful. Also his recent recruits in bj, austin, seizer, a couple of poms hardly rate a mention on the transfer market .

Yet after all of the ironsteins views he is really leading the way, playing a massive team despite the rules on interchage were to stifle this tactic.. After plenty of time its fair to say that many many opinions and views shared on this site are completely wrong and maybe , just maybe they still are

So this same view is also shared about barrett, bozo and our recruitment process. As of yet we dont have the the advantage of time to correctly call on this yet. You may be right , but history has shown many have been wrong, completely wrong. Just like ben kennedy, steve matai, gifty, etc etc etc.

It is where we are and you may yet be proven to be correct but time is a funny thing.maybe with some history, some humilty, some honesty we could be more careful in the way we raise our concerns, or maybe we need dan to introduce a few more features to profiles

Tags like, i talk a lot of ****, i rarely get **** right, and i go off at **** way too early or maybe footy isnt my first language, im not too bright but can lift heavy things and i have an axe to grind.

Its a forum and to be honest i love all of that **** and its not a dig at anyone but it is a time to reflect that ricky has done it his way, and achieved success. They look strong for a few years. There is no blueprint on how to win a comp

Ps. The canberra crowd have been starved of success and its awesome watching them soak up the moment. I think expectation has killed the magic for many manly fans. It doesnt hurt to work for stuff . The rewards are worth it. we have been a great club but who doesnt want a tigers, newcastle moment, or what about the sharks if they win. They will party for a month.

Champagne and truffles lose there impact if they become a staple

Peace baby

Expectations for 2016 were way too high for most on here , lifted by most commentators at the start of the year that we were a top 4 side, only Matthew Elliott on the ABC called it as " 12th" , he was out by 1.

Most on here poo pooed him, and suffered for 26 weeks as a result.

We will be back, it's a 5 year plan , have patience everyone!!

I hope you're right, and I was one who rubbished sticky. Seeing that raiders crowd last night was incredible! It's almost as if teams get good atmospheres when they play finals games at their home ground.
Anyway, I still don't like Barrett and want him fired ASAP.

I haven't given Ricky any praise at all in any of his coaching gigs and certainly wished him a wooden spoon or at best a 14th spot on the ladder, however, I have quite enjoyed the way the Raiders are playing and looked forward to when they played on Saturdays at 3pm last year and this year as their football has been entertaining. It is a different game at night and they handle the afternoon games well. Just like we used to on Sunday afternoons.

Was watching the warm up at Brooky when they played us a few weeks ago. What struck me was the size of them, our blokes looked like small boys in comparison.

Has built a power team that is well drilled and coached. Good to see the rise of the Raiders.

Maybe Barrett is like Ricky. He will go from club to club with **** results (except Barrett obviously won't emulate Ricky's Roosters premiership), and then he'll finally land a gig at the club he has a passion for and enjoy some success.

Well he hasn't won anything yet, so it depends on how you define success ?. From what I saw last night they will struggle to beat the Storm. Resurrect this thread if he is holding up the trophy in 2 weeks time and then we can talk.

Maybe Barrett is like Ricky. He will go from club to club with **** results (except Barrett obviously won't emulate Ricky's Roosters premiership), and then he'll finally land a gig at the club he has a passion for and enjoy some success.
To be fair to Ricky he did pretty well before parra

Grand final winners, then runners up for a couple of years...a decent year or two with the Sharks, some origin wins (I think..) and then Parra...which is not exactly representative of a coaches ability.

As has been posted time will tell if this is the start of a period of dominance for the raiders or a one year bubble

Well he hasn't won anything yet, so it depends on how you define success ?. From what I saw last night they will struggle to beat the Storm. Resurrect this thread if he is holding up the trophy in 2 weeks time and then we can talk.
He has to be given credit for the rebuilding of the club and taking them to the finals. Did anyone expect them to do as well as they did this year ?

Time, Bozo isn't going to give Barrett that much time. He is on borrowed time already. Still don't discount Des returning before kick off. But after 2016, if the club is wooden spoon contenders again come June, Baz's head will be on the chopping block.

Agree with all. Where simply in a rebuild club legends are retiring or gone. To me it's identical to 99. We played 8 finals out of 9 years.
We are due I say to all we gonna have 12 months of more down the bottom.
Our signing will be has beens or unproven. It will turn but it takes time.

Even if he wins a comp with the Raiders he's still a Super League dickhead whose face triggers a gag reflex for me whenever I'm unlucky enough to see it. I don't care for the man at all.

He screwed Parra pretty hard so he's got that going for him.
I lobed his press conference when Parra got rolled. Classic.

Even if he wins a comp with the Raiders he's still a Super League dickhead whose face triggers a gag reflex for me whenever I'm unlucky enough to see it. I don't care for the man at all.
Agreed, and I am amazed that he owned an overhead projector. Most coaches would have PowerPoint these days

I helps when you are coaching "your" team ;)

I agree completely on that note. For some reason some clubs/players/fans really only function in unison and cooperation when there are local legends on the coaching panel. Plus when u have the inevitable form slumps/struggles we look at it as 'we're all in this together' - players and fans alike. Manly are one of those clubs and that's not potting Barrett and Hoss it's just the way it is. I'm sure I'm not the only one that literally cringed all year seeing those two in their bloody 'Manly' polo shirts. If u haven't spilt blood for the Maroon and White as a player, then unless u are a dead set SuperCoach u will fail here.

Time, Bozo isn't going to give Barrett that much time. He is on borrowed time already. Still don't discount Des returning before kick off. But after 2016, if the club is wooden spoon contenders again come June, Baz's head will be on the chopping block.
Des is about to sign a two year extension with the dogs so I don't see him back at Manly anytime soon. If he doesnt get the dogs a GF win in that time I dare say he will be on the open market. In saying that, he hasnt signed on with them so maybe he is waiting to see how the first half of next year goes with both his side and ours...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7