Time for robbo to go............?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Denno

Reserve Grader
Surely when Steve Matai returns ......Mr robbo will go, need more spark on the wing he does not seem have the acceleration or dash he used to have. watched him get run down when he was in the clear think its time to give the spot to someone younger.Have so many options to choose from .THINK ITS TIME....... 

Agree 100% - now the 3rd best winger in club - see my post re best no favourites 17

Same as Kite - he's now 3rd best prop at best (and in fair dinkum dept probably 4th or 5th best)

If you keep picking old favourites you get what Canberra got tonight - Orford 2008 is not Orford 2011.

I think some mind altering substances are coming into play with this thread.GIVE 'EM UP,OR SHARE 'EM ROUND!!

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=Bones link=topic=187283.msg330001#msg330001 date=1301745962]
Kite and King are easily the best two props at the club.

But at which club is that Bones??
[/quote]

The mighty sea eagles mate.

bob dylan link said:

Might I add "by a mile"
[/quote]

Really??

Kite played 48 minutes against Souths and made a whopping 65m and made 27 tackles
King played 51 minutes against Souths and made 151m made 23 tackles

to put them in perspective (well Kite anyway)
Mauro played for 33 minutes and gained 46m and made 16 tackles
Robbinson played for 28 minutes and gained 72m and made 20 tackles
Galavao played for 53 minutes and gained 88m and made 27 tackles (I included him as I think he should play prop)

Michael Robertson is a terrific bloke and a guy every clubs likes to have around. He give 100% each week, but sadly just does not have the tools to be an exciting, enterprising winger like a Uate, Tuquiri or Wolfman (when fit). Oldfield is a gun ! The excitement when he gets the ball reminds me of Jack Elsegood back in the early 90's. But as long as Robbo is at the club he will ALWAYS be picked by Des.

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=187283.msg330007#msg330007 date=1301747073]

Might I add "by a mile"
[/quote]

Really??

Kite played 48 minutes against Souths and made a whopping 65m and made 27 tackles
King played 51 minutes against Souths and made 151m made 23 tackles

to put them in perspective (well Kite anyway)
Mauro played for 33 minutes and gained 46m and made 16 tackles
<b>Robbinson played for 28 minutes and gained 72m and made 20 tackles</b>
Galavao played for 53 minutes and gained 88m and made 27 tackles (I included him as I think he should play prop)
[/quote]

I'm liking the looks of Robinson's play. Loving those stats over 28 minutes!

Robbo hasn't missed a game in how many seasons... one of the best finishers i've seen for the Eagles - motion of grounding the ball and odds of picking up 4 points in tight situations

Still looks like he has a bit of toe.. he was charging into some of the highballs that went up on the left side on Friday night.

Think he needs to pick up his energy/intensity level a bit throughout the game, seems to take a second to react to the play before he toes it.

Gary Dennison link said:
Surely when Steve Matai returns ......Mr robbo will go, need more spark on the wing he does not seem have the acceleration or dash he used to have. watched him get run down when he was in the clear think its time to give the spot to someone younger.Have so many options to choose from .THINK ITS TIME.......   

You are kidding.

geez

Firstly kitey. He really has never been the type of prop that dents the line. His speed and agility have been his thing. He still has that. The prop rotation seems to be going pretty good i reckon. He is a leader and has a spot at the club. In an ideal world i see him as a bench man, He is a great impact prop but manlys depth in that area is the reason he isnt. If the likes of robinson and cunnigham step up and demand a spot then kitey would be an awesome rotation with georgie

Stats and robinson,out of his 72m , one run was probably 30. Not saying he didnt break the line but come on

To me this is like ponting and clarke. Get rid of ponting to replace him with someone worse..........why

Robbo, this arguement astounds me, Oldfield and hoppa have had a few good games so lets chop a player who has played 100 good games

Lets face it manlys backline is very inexperienced and robbos presence is just whats needed. Oldy and hoppa will get enough chances and will be better next year as a result.

Patience........... its much better having the young blokes snapping at there heels than chucking them in and saying you have to do it as there is no one else

The young guys are leasrning more than footy. They are also learning loyalty, expectations and what they can expect under Des if they stay at the club. Most footy clubs these days are run like used car lots, Its all about the buck, the paint job and moving units. Manly is still a club where values, timing, reponsabilties are learnt . Footy is a part of life, not all of life. Lets not become like the others because when we watch 80 minutes of sport we can decide from our loungerooms what an individual brings to a club, the culture or its community

Youth will be the answer but its not yet.

Too early let this guys go and mature in nsw cup. Wolfie is out for a month so hoppa will take his wing. But I  wouldn't  be surprised if robbo heads to England at seasons end.

agree Cam, 2012 will be big decisions for backline for us. We will have Hoppa and Oldfield ready for full time starts. Don't forget Whare (if he can get back on the field ) future's bright. Riccardi as well!!

If at some point everyone in the outside backs is fit and available, then Hopoate cannot be one of the unlucky ones to miss out, his form warrants it and it would be smart to keep the club's best young back content while he is off contract.

Tough decisions to be made.

Uate isn't a slouch, Nightingale blew past Robbo last year (then again so did Gaz  :-\) Ferguson, Merritt, Wolfman, The young Bronc's Yow Yeh, Bani, Michael Gordon, Simmons, Talanoa, Vidot, Steve Michaels,
I'll stop at that, We did see the problems out in the backline last year because of our lack of pace.

Farrar, Robbo, Matai, Lyon and T-Rex was the slowest backline Manly has ever had. The amount of times teams ran around us and we chased for no effect was embarrassing last year. I can't remember anything slower than this (maybe Northern Eagles days Reeves, Ferris  ::)

This year we have looked great, Brett and Wolfie back in will make teams really concerned of us scoring anywhere on the paddock.

bob dylan link said:

Might I add "by a mile"
[/quote]

I put Kite in the Ox class.........way past his best.

I hate knocking our players but can't wait till the end of the season as far as he goes. Time he was gonneeeee

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6