Time for a YANT.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
Well, i'm already excited about the prospect of Jamie Lyon being the maroon and white next year and so i am doing my own team.

Tell us what ya reckon.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steven Bell
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Chris Hicks
06. Travis Burns
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Michael Monoghan
10. Brent Kite
11. Steve Menzies
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Luke Williamson

14. Steve Matai
15. Mark Bryant
16. Malaingi Styles
17. George Rose

No point in looking at a replacement for BK as there is none... might aswell use what we got as best we can.

I'm happy to answer any questions :D

Willow at 13 :doh: if that is who is our starting lock we are in strife.

Stewart is a better option and Wells along with Cuthbo need to step up.

Yeah, your right about Glenn Stewart... to be honest i totally forgot about him... hmm i might need some editing... i'll wait and see what others reckon.

I dare say cuthbo would get the nod ahead of styles.. from the limited PL i have watched styles has provided some good thrust off the bench and seems to be a player who could have that "X Factor"

Willow is a dead loss unfortunately, Matai might go OK at lock with a better forwards coach, as might Cuthbertson.

I can't see Monaghan, Dunley or Williamson in our team next year. We need a ball playing second rower greatly.

I will be interested to see if we blood some of the younger forwards. Cuthbertson and Ballin must be due to get a run.

I am slowly leaning towards Lyon at 5/8 with the late season form of Matai. If Lyon thinks he could handle it and wants to play there then he should be given a shot in the trials at least, Burns is a tough player who can do the job but his imaginative play doesn't go far beyond his right foot step and his kicking game is ineffective.

With the way things are if Lyon had a little success at 5/8 he could end up there in SOO with the lack of quality in that position at the moment.

One thing's for sure, there's a lot up in the air, some tough decisions could be made, if the coaching staff are willing to make them, recent history shows they won't.

YASDST :D

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steven Bell
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Chris Hicks
06. Travis Burns
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Michael Monaghan
10. Brent Kite
11. Steve Menzies
12. Anthony Watmough (has to lift his game big time or Jason Wells should be given a chance)
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Steve Matai
15. Mark Bryant
16. Adam Cuthbertson
17. George Rose

I went for a drive to get some lunch just before and i've thought about it again... i'm changing that team completely!! hahaha

I'll post the REAL YANT very shortly

The positioning of Lyon and what that means for Dunly, Ballin Burns, Mattai, Monas is sure to be the only real interesting thing that is tossed about by all & sundry during the off-season.

But at least for today i am boycotting this discussion as YAJCT makes no sense whatsoever. :p

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Bell
04. Steve Matai
05. Chris Hicks
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Michael Monoghan
10. Brent Kite
11. Steve Menzies
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Travis Burns
15. Mark Bryant
16. Adam Cuthbertson
17. George Rose

Ok, reason for the changes...

1. Steve Bell is a Rep Centre and Steve Matai is on the improve and is about to become an international representative centre.

2. Jamie Lyon is a class above most players, and i've watched him.. he can play 5/8 and play it extremely well.

3. You were right about Glenn Stewart.. i'm a fan of his aswell and believe yes he should be locking the scrums next year.

4. Travis Burns needs to be in the side and will be just as efficient from the 9 as he was the 6.

5. Too early for styles.. hopefully cuthbo has improved since his last stint and can make a spot his own.

why did I ever coin the word "YART"??

I should have called it a

Casual Unofficial Nominated Team

I was unsure about the placement of Lyon all season, until the last few games.

I would have him at 6. With Burns possibly filling a Dunley role

Reasoning, I think we will be a better attacking side with Lyon at 5/8, he has more options in attack than Burns who is limited at this stage, and that may help Orford, and also Matais work from dummy half has been awesome lately, and with our forwards underperforming he was regularly getting us away from our line. He and Robbo also have a better combination

Also i think we are a better defensive team with Lyon at 6. Burns and Matai both have deficiences in their defence, but both try bloody hard. Basically i would have more faith in a Matai/Lyon combo than a Burns/Lyon combo defensively

I've been waiting for a thread like this to post my team :p

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Bell
04. Steve Matai
05. Chris Hicks
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Steve Menzies
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Travis Burns
15. Adam Cuthbertson
16. Mark Bryant
17. George Rose

Michael Monaghan has gone off to play halfback in England or something (although he has done a great job here, fromw hat I've seen, Ballin could do better and Monaghan doesn't exactly look happy unfortunately =/). Williamson and Dunley are kept in PL as depth because of their experience.

Same team as mine downie except for ballin > Mona's

Haven't seen Ballin play so can't comment but you guys seem to think he's a good thing.. so i look forward to seeing him

Well, if you consider that Witt and Cherry have been our halves for some time (with Halden coming off the bench I think), Ballin must be doing something right in attack :p

That said, I think Wiit is/was leading the try scoring list for PL.

The only full match I've seen Ballin play was the trial PL match against the Tigers. I remember him putting Styles through gaps to give him both of his tries in a period of about 5 minutes. He was the best on field in that game, in my opinion.

Life at Sivertails is all smooth sailing. To prove it we now have an entry into the naming of teams contest :

Y.A.C.H.T.

Yet Another Cu**** Hypothetical Team

Wicked
Hard
And
Totally
Alternate
List
Of
Anything
Dragged
Out