Tim Simona - any news on his playing status

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Life is a lesson and ...

Every one deserves a chance to make up from their mistakes and have hope of turning their lives around and become better people

No human being deserves to have their " hope life support " tuned off and be for ever condemned

The fact is condemnation does not liberate it only oppresses

An article that supports my view

Ex-criminals like Frank William Abagnale — the man who inspired ‘Catch Me If You Can‘ — prove that it is possible for anyone to turn their lives around, even after decades in prison. We’ve compiled a list of 11 people — including a former Mafia member and a former target on FBI’s Most Wanted list — with amazing stories.
Some are well known, but most are not.

I didn't hear of anything along those lines?

There were allegations of emotional abuse, and forcing his former girlfriend to terminate a pregnancy.

That said, I do wonder what his side of the story is, given they’d only been together a few months when she fell pregnant, and everything was apparently rosy up to that point. Three sides to every story: hers, his, and the truth...

My gripe is that there is no transparent guidelines issued by the NRL. IMO the ludicrous approach of leaving it to the emperor's discretion is a blight on the game. We live in a society where everybody is accountable even the Prime Minister so why shouldn't the NRL and Todd Greenberg be accountable and required to be transparent and consistent. Not only in allowing players back into the game but all decisions including salary cap exceptions for injured players forced into retirement. If they allow Souths an exemption for Sam Burgess other clubs are entitled to be up in arms.

There were allegations of emotional abuse, and forcing his former girlfriend to terminate a pregnancy.

That said, I do wonder what his side of the story is, given they’d only been together a few months when she fell pregnant, and everything was apparently rosy up to that point. Three sides to every story: hers, his, and the truth...

That does ring a bell but perhaps because it seemed to occur around the same time as Bryce Cartwright's domestic issues (which ultimately ended very tragically) it may have been overshadowed in my mind.

Last edited:
My gripe is that there is no transparent guidelines issued by the NRL. IMO the ludicrous approach of leaving it to the emperor's discretion is a blight on the game. We live in a society where everybody is accountable even the Prime Minister so why shouldn't the NRL and Todd Greenberg be accountable and required to be transparent and consistent. Not only in allowing players back into the game but all decisions including salary cap exceptions for injured players forced into retirement. If they allow Souths an exemption for Sam Burgess other clubs are entitled to be up in arms.
Dare i say it "consistency is over rated" direct quote Greenburg. That statement sums up that grub and why to date he is unaccountable for the shyte and stupid and dare i say it in some peoples view, corrupt decisions we have been forced to endure under is underwhelming and insipid reign .
Vlandys has to eradicate this mental insect from the game ,to say his influence on the game has been damaging is an understatement .I wont go thru all the reasons as they have been done before but its plain to see from any objective view other than NRL HQ that Greenburg has been a virtual locust eating away at the fabric ,history and future of the game and that must now stop. Greenburg fits the mold of the duplicitous slithering politician who will say and do anything to get an advantage ,sort of the Sam Dastiari of the NRL i.e someone who betrayed his country ,some would say Greenburg has betrayed the RL public
Enough of Greenburg I say ..rid the game of this grub

One side of the story

Yeah, that’s the one - although there is a longer version of that article where she states they had only been in a relationship for 4 months, and that the abuse she alleges is emotional, arising from the abortion scenario only. The way that article has been edited makes it sound like she is alleging physical and/or sexual assault as well, which isn’t the case going off the lengthier version.

I just tend to be a little...cynical?...I guess when it comes to situations like this. Have had two of my brothers stung by the “I’m on the pill...lol jks” scam, and a close friend who had a serial habit of accidental pregnancies very early in relationships (her abortion count hit 5 before she found the guy who had enough residual Catholic guilt to marry her and go through with the pregnancy). It’s a very grey area where women are not always blameless, unfortunately.

The gambling issues are far more damning in Simona’s case, for mine. You’d want to be damn sure he has fully dealt with his addiction problems (drugs and gambling) before taking a punt on him, IMO.

Seems as good a place as any to post this story about a betting agency (world's biggest) stacking the odds against the punter.
Gamble responsibly, lol

ps luckily we know that Royal Commissions always solve the problem! (with no apology for use of irony)

Simona wants to return to the NRL. His past actions are, of course, quite dastardly. However, he was one of the better performers for Blacktown last year. Wonder if he's eligible for the ESL?

Well, he's not going to make it as a boxer.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4