Tim Simona - any news on his playing status

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nappa

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Does anyone know if Tim is still with us/ gotten clearance to be able play in the NRL?
Very talented/experienced player that could be used next season.

There was a piece a cpl months ago about Tim. Manly were going to try and get him upgraded. But the NRL said we only gave him clearance to play in the Canterbury Cup. They said it would be highly unlikely he would be given a clearance to play top grade.
You have to wonder then what was the purpose of letting him play in reserve grade, if not to redeem himself, and prove he has learnt some harsh lessons.

There was a piece a cpl months ago about Tim. Manly were going to try and get him upgraded. But the NRL said we only gave him clearance to play in the Canterbury Cup. They said it would be highly unlikely he would be given a clearance to play top grade.
You have to wonder then what was the purpose of letting him play in reserve grade, if not to redeem himself, and prove he has learnt some harsh lessons.

"Rugby league is a game of second chances." - unless you want that second chance through Manly.

-Tedd Yellowmountain

Simona proved he was a quality player a few years ago....but besides his indiscretions, Manly now have talented younger players who offer more...

Except Todd Carney apparently.

The Fact is .....

Todd Greengberg has done more damage to the game by turning more people away from the game than any other Todd Carney , Dick or Harry

The inconsistency and incompetence of the people who run our game is a disgrace

These blokes could not organise a root in a brothel .

images.jpg

Noticed that Tim Simona slimmed down quite a bit with his stint with Black Town last season and even played a bit of 6 i think and wing . Manly seems to be making little effort to include him in the main squad for next season so i guess that this a fairly clear indication of his limited prospects in that regard . Did show a touch of class during his previous stint at the Tigers until his indiscretions and good luck to him for trying to get his life back into order both on and off the footy field now .

I’d be fine if he never plays first grade again. Not exactly a nice bloke.
I understand your point but what about the likes of Zane Tetevano, Matt Lodge, David Fifita, Nelson Asofa-Solomona etc who have arguably carried out worse crimes than Simona.
He made a mistake but haven't we all. I'd give the bloke a second chance be it at Manly or elsewhere as he's paid a heavy price and served a hefty ban already.

The Fact is .....

Todd Greengberg has done more damage to the game by turning more people away from the game than any other Todd Carney , Dick or Harry

The inconsistency and incompetence of the people who run our game is a disgrace

These blokes could not organise a root in a brothel .

With a thousand each in their hands
Beyond hopeless

I understand your point but what about the likes of Zane Tetevano, Matt Lodge, David Fifita, Nelson Asofa-Solomona etc who have arguably carried out worse crimes than Simona.
He made a mistake but haven't we all. I'd give the bloke a second chance be it at Manly or elsewhere as he's paid a heavy price and served a hefty ban already.
His behaviour was worse than all of them except lodge.

Stealing from charity. Charities as a whole apparently only pass on around 10% of monies collected to the supposed recipients so he only really stole 10% of what he was accused of. haha Not any sort of defence...just joking. It was a bad thing to do and that's what addicts do.

Do you know details that weren't made public?

I thought he was "only" done for taking money intended for charity?
- Breached the NRL rules by betting on Rugby League matches

- Bet on opposition players scoring – and against his team winning

- Sold Rugby League jerseys through online auctions without passing on the full proceeds to the nominated charities

Tim Simona deregistered

I don't know why Manly, after being smeared in the national Press of Match fixing, would even entertain being associated by the only player to have been caught for it :wondering:

Characterizing his repeated offences as a 'mistake' is ridiculous as he had numerous bets and auctions :mad:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4