Tim Moltzen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This series of stories about players with talent that have had their careers cut short, primarily through injuries, should be a warning to all footballers.
Especially those who ruin their careers by off-field incidents.
Within the current crop of NRL players are far too many who will sabotage their careers through stupidity and hubris.
I fear that most of them won't have the mental resources to gain worthwhile employment once their football careers are over.

Interesting story here... too often I think we can all forget these blokes are actually real people who give their all for the sport...

https://outline.com/FN5ExE

Thanks for that. Very interesting and refreshing to read something so honest.

It was extremely bad form for the nrl to have done this quoted bit:

“I’d been invited by the NRL to the retirees’ parade on grand final day and a lunch,” Moltzen says. “I was excited about the chance to get a farewell. A few days later they rang me up and uninvited me because I hadn’t played 100 first grade games."

Poor form and a low act. Meanwhile that John Grant guy spent 50k on giving himself a going away party no one wanted to attend.

Thanks for that. Very interesting and refreshing to read something so honest.

It was extremely bad form for the nrl to have done this quoted bit:

“I’d been invited by the NRL to the retirees’ parade on grand final day and a lunch,” Moltzen says. “I was excited about the chance to get a farewell. A few days later they rang me up and uninvited me because I hadn’t played 100 first grade games."

Poor form and a low act. Meanwhile that John Grant guy spent 50k on giving himself a going away party no one wanted to attend.
Just read that and utterly disgraceful.
Not that I would expect anything different.
Would be enjoying Tedesco like fame right now if not for injury.
I'm glad we gave him an opportunity to rekindle his career, just a shame we didn't get to enjoy him at his best for much longer.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8