Tigers v Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would have had the hook out for mackinnon after that double of the knock on then the lackadaisical effort to cover the kick ingoal the dogs scored off. Fair dinkum pathetic!

Hold the phone: there goes another one! serves them right for not taking him off.

So much potential early on. He hasn't lived up to it. Too many clubs & you can see why.

Duff said:
So much potential early on. He hasn't lived up to it. Too many clubs & you can see why.

Yep. but jeez I'd be pissed off if I was a tigers fan seeing that. anyways, not our problem; I can't imagine one of the squad we have this year looking so lax and disinterested.

And those two sides are in the top 8 ffs. The tigers just showed how much of a one man team they are - no marshall no attack. And the dogs, they should have put 50 on them.

That was a great advertisement for why the NRL should have a top 5 finals series. Dead set joke if those two sides play finals footy.

And that was the "Game of the Round?"

Two VERY ordinary teams, playing very ordinary football!

Was the Tigers sponsored by Baskin Robin; 31 Flavbours ice-cream?

I thought that the Tigers were well & truely done after they got whipped by the Storm & this just confirms it.

Doesn't look like they care anymore, Benji isn't the kind of player that will turn things around either. One more horse out of the race.

McKinnon has had a chequered career at best and I have a sneaking suspicion that you could chart his levels of success to who the coach was. It seems to me he has responded to some coaches a lot better than others. That doesn't mean the coaches were good or poor but should highlight to us that these players aren't robots and how sometimes we might be critical of players when its hard for them to perform when they aren't happy.

I liken it to school for me. I would say you could chart my schooling success to certain teachers. My best grades weren't necessarily achieved in certain subjects but whether I responded well to a the teacher or not.

Some coaches are great and seem to have a great knack out of getting the best out of their players, something Des seems to be excellent at. Its probably more important than any tactical knowledge and should also help in recruitment of juniors, especially if they believe they will be a better player for going to your club.

I guess the lesson is that we might judge players too quickly and label them as hopeless when in reality all they might need in a change in footy scenery to go from terrible to at least passable if not a star NRL performer.

Both teams deserve top 8. Marshall, Lawrence & Tiqueery will make a huge dif & will threaten most defence at full strength. If Pups gel 300% on where they are, have a decent playing roster though have a team that can capitulate when under pressure.

Exactly, so why have a top 8? One of these teams could go through. to the finals having lost more than they've won.

Pearso said:
Exactly, so why have a top 8? One of these teams could go through. to the finals having lost more than they've won.

Nothing wrong with the top 8 or the McIntyre System for that matter (except the second week home finals but thats the NRL decision rather than the McIntyre system).

Bennett talked about how unfair the comp was because he missed players during origin but what more unfair is you don't get to play everyone twice. You might want to have a top 6 but how fair is it when team 7 plays twice as many games against other top 6 teams that team 6 did because of the "luck" of the draw. Top 8 is a reasonably compromise IMO. In 2009 when the Dragons won the minor premiership they only played 9 games against fellow top 8 sides, we played 14 in finishing 5th (thats from memory but stand to be corrected).

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2