Tigers Team Announcement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
MCDONNELL BACK FOR MANLY GAME

Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens has named his team to play Manly at Brookvale Oval on Friday, June 9, at 7.30pm, in round 14 of the Telstra Premiership.

Shannon McDonnell has overcome a rib injury and has been named at full-back for Brett Hodgson, who is unavailable due to Origin selection.

Shane Elford is back from a shoulder injury and returns to the centres to replace the injured Paul Whatuira.

Scott Prince has been named captain with Robbie Farah the vice-captain.

1 Shannon McDonnell
2 Taniela Tuiaki
3 Dene Collis
4 Shane Elford
5 Michael Crockett
6 Benji Marshall
7 Scott Prince ©
8 Ryan O'Hara
9 Robbie Farah (vc)
10 John Skandalis
11 Anthony Laffranchi
12 Todd Payten
13 Jamaal Lolesi

14 Stuart Flanagan
15 Chris Heighington
16 Bryce Gibbs
17 Ben Galea

Casualty Ward
Rocky Trimarchi (shoulder, rd 16)
Dene Halatau (ankle, rd 17)
Paul Whatuira (hamstring, rd 17)
Daniel Fitzhenry (collarbone, rd 19)
Liam Fulton (shoulder, season)

Very inexperienced backs - heaps of speed and potential but certainly the home ground advantage should assist the Eagles.

They have some big boppas in their pack but Skandalis, O'Hara and Payten in the back row aren't the most mobile forwards in the game. Hopefully our little men can exploit them especially with Benjis propensity to avoid tackling.

Our boys have to contain Farah and Benji more effectively! We need the pack to set the platform.

Take out the 6 and 7 from their backline and it looks very average indeed.

Reasonably confident of a win on Friday night after looking at that side.

Jamaal Lolesi isn't a locks arsehole

The only way they can win it in my opinion is through the likes of laffranchi, skandalis, payten and O'hara up front

And then the halves are of course dangerous

Only real threat i see off the bench is Bryce Gibbs... the rest i wouldn't give 2 bob for

I hope Manly don't go into this game thinking the same as i am though.. be complacent and any team will take you to the cleaners in this competition.

Manly by 13+

we really have to dominate there forwards to Benji and prince dont have a good go forward platform, there backs will then struggle

now would anyone else like a turn at stating the obvious hehe

Is there only 1 player out from last weeks game against the Cowboys?

If so this game could prove tougher than we think.

I hope BK uses Benji as a speed hump again.

cowboys have lost 5 from 6 and are going poor

hopefully we can contain farrah - he tore us a new one at leichardt

Matai's diabolical defensive hits and his poor possession rate were the reasons we lost at leichhardt. Their back line certainly lacks class and our backs should do well. What needs to happen is that a straight line must be held when they have possession. NO running up to put on the 'shot'. Sure Prince will want to tell the Qld selectors something, but the Ox will also want to dominate to put his credentials on the line after Finch has a shocker at Suncorp. Whatmough should be told to target Farrah and bury him. Eagles to win by at least 15.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6