Tigers post game swearfest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PJ

Bencher
Just wondering your thoughts on some of the baggings the Tigers who dropped the 'f' word copped after the GF.
I personally think it's a load of crap.
Lets get real all you people out there who obviously operate out of a bubble...
These guys are football players, who have just won the biggest prize you can get in RL after their odds blew out to $151 about round 12.
Of course you are going to be deliriously happy and chances are you would be in a bit of shock as well.
When someone comes up to you and asks you how you are feeling are you going to stop and think of all the kids watching the telecast ...I don't think so- not unless you are from some religous order.
If the do gooders out there want to point the finger why not point it at Channel 9 who sent Johns out there to throw a mic in their face ASAP, or you could just turn it off and stop being so uptight.
While no normal person would condone dropping the 'f' word continuously in front of kids, this clearly wasn't the situation on Sunday night.
This all stems from a one page article that was written (all bit it poorly) by a priest Fr Branden Lee in Wagga's Daily Advertiser. It was a rambling story which pointed the figure left right and centre but had no substance whatsoever and annoyed the **** out of me.
This coming from a priest who plays reserve grade RFL Aussie Rules for East Wagga- a club prone to dropping the odd 'F' word themselves, during, before and after their games.

I am one that doesn't particularly like or condone swearing in public places but if you take your kids to the footy or watch any video you are going to hear this and much worse. Bit of a storm in a teacup, though obviously the club was concerned as they apologised. They have to keep advertisers happy and the public image squeaky clean. Kids hear worse in the playground though again that doesn't excuse pro sportsmen from the obligations.

If Ray had not kept apologising not many would have noticed.

It is double standards as noone seems to comment on the fact that both Swans and Tigers went on week long alchohol benders (aguably not a good example to kids etc) and yet there was no apology or retraction regarding what they were intending to do.

I thought it was ****ing great :)

As if they havent heard it before. We have a government sending our nations soldiers to get slaughtered and some people are worried about a few swear words.

This moral high ground christian army is just bloody stupid. What harm does a swear word do.

Its just so American. Lets not be upset at violence an gore, but swearing lets bring out the protest signs....bloody hippies.

The South park movie is such a perfect example of this.

****ing do-gooders!

:lol:
Agreed Dan...that was my main point to all these throwing in their two cents worth.
There are alot more pressing issues to throw your weight behind in the world today than a few fcukidy fcuk fcuk's post GF.

Trying to galvanise are we Dan?

Everyone knows that those blokes speak like that every day (as do most of the population). What is surprising and annoying is that they're so coached in "public speak" that it doesn't happen more often.

Storm in a teacup - and some people do need to get a life.

Incidentally, at least one of the Swans did exactly the same thing post the AFL Grand Final and not one eye was batted.

Exactly right a storm in a tea cup.They are a bunch of young men that had just won the biggest thing in their young lives.They were excited and i am with Dan it was fantastic.Anyone that complained about it are infantile at best.It showed the passion they have for their team mates and the jersey they wear.Good Luck to them.

I cant believe people even bothered to pick up the phone or write a email to complain about it.

They guys had just won a grand final and most of the ones who did swear were pretty young and inexperienced with the media. dont forget they are not the sharpest tools running around either!!!!

I loved how Pat Richards swore, apologised then swore again 5 seconds later.

The simple truth is that a lot of these guys aren't very well educated, and use this type of language commonly. It was no suprise to me that the 'f' word was continually dropped. While I don't condone this language at all, WHAT DID CHANNEL 9 EXPECT TO HAPPEN WHEN THE MICROPHONE WAS PUT TO THE PLAYERS??!!! Hadn't they learnt from the previous week when it was dropped a number of times? They should have had it on a 5 second delay if they were worried about it.

I can remember Sam Backo dropping the F word after an origin game in the 1980s. Nothing new IMO and what 9 shold have done is have the coverage on a 2/3 second delay so that could bleep the F out.

Remember when Ch 9 shoved the microphone into the Qld pre-match huddle in an Origin game and Meninga was letting fly several times about what the Maroons were about to do to those ......

F***ing Blue C****

Yes- I remember it clearly- that's when they backed off from putting a mic to pre-match addresses.
I personally don't see the need to throw a mic in front of every player anyway.
Apart from maybe the coach, the Clive Churchill Medal winner and the captain why do we need to hear the players asked stupid questions we already know the answers to....

"You've just won a Grand Final- how do you feel?"

A)"I'm pretty disappointed actually, I thought we would've won by more."

B)"****ing great, ****....I can't ****ing believe it.....****ing unreal mate....****ing unreal."

C) It's just a game, I'm more worried about the bombs going off in Bali.

I don't know about you guys but I would lock in B.

Agree with B, but I would also throw in Im going to get so farking pissed tonight, the missus wont be seeing me for the next week.

Heard on the radio last night that the swearing by the tigers players was all part of a bet amongst them (Liam Fulton was supposedly the ringleader) as to who could swear the most on TV.

They arranged to do it on purpose if they won the grand final.

that gold and that is exactly the kind of thing i expect and want to hear from a football team...why because they sound like a bunch of good mates playing footy together as a bunch of mates/a team!

The simple truth is that a lot of these guys aren't very well educated, and use this type of language commonly. It was no suprise to me that the 'f' word was continually dropped. While I don't condone this language at all, WHAT DID CHANNEL 9 EXPECT TO HAPPEN WHEN THE MICROPHONE WAS PUT TO THE PLAYERS??!!! Hadn't they learnt from the previous week when it was dropped a number of times? They should have had it on a 5 second delay if they were worried about it.

Agreed, channel 9 is TOTALLY to blame. All the bible bashers should hunt them down. That sort of crap shouldn't happen these days very amateurish from NINE.

Just on this point did anyone ever ask the players if they wanted to be "role models" it seems to have got out of hand. I think that to many kids these days a "role model" who didn't swear occassionally would be seen as a wimp.

It was interesting to read that the NRL did not consider any West Tigers players for media trainning because they did not think they could win the comp.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4