Ticket prices if Brookie redeveloped

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Peter C

Bencher
At present there are around 3500 grandstand seats, the current price for tickets are, Jane Try stand $55.00 and the KA stand $50, compared to most other grounds these are the most expensive for reserved seating.I was wondering if the seating capacity was increased to around 8-10,000 will they bring the prices into line with other grounds.
At the SFS for the Tigers gold reserve is $40, silver $30 and general admission $25 , even these seats are superior to most at Brookvale.
At Penrith, the grandstand is $32, the terraces $26 and GA $22, even at Cronulla a ticket in the non members stand ajoining the leagues club is $28.
As I live at Sutherland I can't always attend most games so it's not viable for me to purchase a season ticket, if it's a nice day we all sit on the hill and you can't get any better atmosphere, but if the hill area is reduced to accommodate another stand then paying $60 [includes booking fee] for a ticket becomes prohibitive as I can't purchase a family ticket as we are all adults.

Well I have thought about this, checked my schedule and we can fit you in Tuesday morning.

You sound like you are expecting the government to give us money to redevelop brookie oval. Bawhahahahah

What Peter says is true, season tickets before this season were the highest in Sydney. It wasn't surprising that our membership was so low cause of the price's. A 6 game GA season ticket was more expensive than buying 6 tickets at the gate each week. We have have the highest prices in Sydney and if the amount of seated tickets rise that much(3500 to 8000) are we going to have enough people willing to pay that much consistently??

Of course I expect the government to pay for the redevelopement, just as they have done for Cronulla, Newcastle,Penrith,WIN, etc etc etc, after all the people of the northern beaches are taxpayers as well, and deserve better.
All I am saying is that reserved tickets at Manly games should be in line with other clubs if and when new facilities are completed, however, if it's always a sellout and the club is able to get the prices they are charging , well good luck to them.

I would assume they would go down. You are paying for premium seating when you buy a seat at brookie, because well they are seats.

If there are more seats and they took up the majority prices would need to drop our you wouldn't get people through the door

Something to keep in mind re: ticket prices is that the Sea Eagles pay the highest ground fees of any club in the league.

One would hope that if we do ever get funding (lol) that the grandstand prices would be brought back into line with the other Sydney clubs prices.

Peter just become a Ticketed member geez who cares if you cant make all the games, help the club.. in the last 2yrs i have spent 545 dollars on season ticket passes & i havent even gone to 1 game mate.. its all about helping Manly .. ;)..
But if you want to sit in luxury pm me you can have my seat in the Jane Try stand for a match :p

It's simple supply and demand, the Sea eagles have to sell seats to ticketed members in the grandstands but due to NRL rules they cannot sell them all as some have to be available for away fans etc....

There are limited number of seats at brookvale so prices are high, if more seats become available the club can sell them at a lower price and receive similar profit.

AshfieldBazza said:
What Peter says is true, season tickets before this season were the highest in Sydney. It wasn't surprising that our membership was so low cause of the price's. A 6 game GA season ticket was more expensive than buying 6 tickets at the gate each week. We have have the highest prices in Sydney and if the amount of seated tickets rise that much(3500 to 8000) are we going to have enough people willing to pay that much consistently??

6 x $25 = $150.

I paid $135 for 10 games GA

Jonesyv2 said:
It's simple supply and demand, the Sea eagles have to sell seats to ticketed members in the grandstands but due to NRL rules they cannot sell them all as some have to be available for away fans etc....

There are limited number of[/align] seats at brookvale so prices are high, if more seats become available the club can sell them at a lower price and receive similar profit.

What's with the /align?

When I come down to Brookie I marvel at how cheap the tickets are. If I want to go to Bruce stadium to watch the raiders play I have to pay well over $30 for a ticket where you can actually see the game properly.

Hopefully with some redevelopment the prices won't skyrocket, but I can see that there is a balancing act between expecting people to pay more for better facilities and still retaining decent crowds. I think in the end most people pay more.

codewana said:
Jonesyv2 said:

There are limited number of[/align] seats at brookvale so prices are high, if more seats become available the club can sell them at a lower price and receive similar profit.

What's with the /align?

NFI, wasn't in my original post, fixed now

jjai said:
Peter just become a Ticketed member geez who cares if you cant make all the games, help the club.. in the last 2yrs i have spent 545 dollars on season ticket passes & i havent even gone to 1 game mate.. its all about helping Manly .. ;)..
But if you want to sit in luxury pm me you can have my seat in the Jane Try stand for a match :p

Thanks for your offer JJai,I'm not having a go at the club,I've been supporting Manly since the mid sixties, and I drive over an hour to get there, I try to attend as many games as possible and gladly pay "overs" for a ticket as I see it as a contribution to the club.
It's just that often when I do go,my wife and two daughters decide they want to go as well,if it's a nice afternoon they will gladly sit on the hill,but other times if it's not so nice they want to sit in the stands and at $60 a ticket it gets a bit prohibitive as I cant buy a family pass as we are all adults.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6