Thurston Under Police Investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
total grub.

Its funny how these guys act they way they do, how they are absolutely arrogant and self righteous pigs who have no manners and think they are above and beyond everyone else.

I like to draw the comparison of Kallich

He earns what these guys earn in a year in a single week playing for AC Milan yet when my friends run into him at Hugo's he has the manners and time to leave his friends for 30 minutes talk about his experience, and just nromal things and have a drink with them.

Some of these league players need a slap upside the head!

Jesus the bloke hasnt even been charged and is considered at this stage to be the victim and you blokes want him hung drawn and quartered.

Dan, how many blokes in Sydney would even recognise Kallich. Not many.

Footy players constantly get targetted by drunken yobbos who think they can take on the world. I have seen it first hand, I have been out with Joel (Clinton) a couple of times and even he gets targetted.

When you are walking two girls home in Townsville in the middle of the night, you are opening yourself up as a target, but that still doesnt make it his fault.

Jesus the bloke hasnt even been charged and is considered at this stage to be the victim and you blokes want him hung drawn and quartered.

Dan, how many blokes in Sydney would even recognise Kallich. Not many.

Footy players constantly get targetted by drunken yobbos who think they can take on the world. I have seen it first hand, I have been out with Joel (Clinton) a couple of times and even he gets targetted.

When you are walking two girls home in Townsville in the middle of the night, you are opening yourself up as a target, but that still doesnt make it his fault.

I would have thought a great many since the guy is about 2 metres tall literally and during the world cup campaign and qualifiers he was an extremely famous face, both internationally and locally.

I would actually go as far as saying easily as many people if not more would recognise him, the following is huge compared to league.

As for Thurston this is hardly his first indiscretion and he hardly has a reputation for being a good boy does he?

Worldwide yes, in Australia no.

In Australia yes. Just because you may not follow football doesnt mean millions of others dont. Even in Australia the international teams liek AC milan are far more popular than League.

AC Milan is one of the top 5 most famous football clubs and football worldwide is still one of the most popular games to watch.

I can garuntee that 90% of every soccer player in sydney would recognise him, then on top of that, their families and their friends. Easily would be recgnised as much as most league players.
In particular at Hugo's where all of the sports stars seem to gather

Dan. How many times do you see Kalac on the back of a paper in Australia? Compare that to Thurston.

And if you want to single out 1 place like Hugo's, then we will narrow my argument down to Townsville. Where not 1 person wouldnt know who Thurston is.

a pointelss argument none the less. I would still say that he is as recognisable if nor more recognisable to the majority of Australians than most league players.

I think the point here anyway, before we go too far off track is that Thurston is a known grub, not only to strangers but also to his team mates and friends.

Guys, the point is, that while we all know Thurston is a grub, until he has been implicated in this, or there is evidence pointing to him acting in an innapropriate way, we have no right to assume his guilt. The papers seem to say he wasn't in the wrong.

And yes, 90% of soccer followers would recognise Kalac, while only 10% of rugby followers would, if they didn't follow any soccer.

total grub.

Its funny how these guys act they way they do, how they are absolutely arrogant and self righteous pigs who have no manners and think they are above and beyond everyone else.

I like to draw the comparison of Kallich

He earns what these guys earn in a year in a single week playing for AC Milan yet when my friends run into him at Hugo's he has the manners and time to leave his friends for 30 minutes talk about his experience, and just nromal things and have a drink with them.

Some of these league players need a slap upside the head!

I'm not in the mood to defend Thurston or anything, but there are so many reasons behind how these two situations are different.

First of all, you're a fairly trustworthy character so I imagine that your friends are decent people as well. I would expect them to have approached Kalac in a respectful manner and weren't rude to him for the half hour he spoke to them.

At 4am in NQ.....there is every chance that the people Thurston had an altercation with weren't quite as polite (or even if they were really that keen on a nice chat at all).

I'm sure there have been times at the pub where Thurston has taken the time out to share his thoughts over a beer or two with people who were considerate.

[quote author=clontaago]
Worldwide yes, in Australia no.

In Australia yes. Just because you may not follow football doesnt mean millions of others dont. Even in Australia the international teams liek AC milan are far more popular than League.

AC Milan is one of the top 5 most famous football clubs and football worldwide is still one of the most popular games to watch.

I can garuntee that 90% of every soccer player in sydney would recognise him, then on top of that, their families and their friends. Easily would be recgnised as much as most league players.
In particular at Hugo's where all of the sports stars seem to gather
[/quote]

I think you'll find that soccer would be behind league in terms of "following", and they both run a distant second to AFL. I'd bet more people in Australia would recognise Thurston before they'd recognise Kalac. I think the only sport that rivals AFL in terms of "following" in this country is cricket.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4