Thurston an Eagle ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan link said:
Rambo 100% right.

Dont forget Cameron Smith came from QLD cup directly to the Storm as well.

CW it really doesn't have a lot to do with money as you suggest, they are subject to the same rules and guidelines as everyone else, they may have a little extra backing because of the interest form their owners. They get them young and keep them there, it's a successful formula that has worked well.

Moops is deadset lost if he thinks we would not be better for having the talent scouting and recruiting abilities of Melbourne.

Crusher can spot talent, granted but can he also attract it to the club as well as the team at the Storm?

If I was a good junior I would go to the Storm before any other team. I would want to play under Bellamy and I would be guarenteed semi final football every year. I would also be looked after at the end of my career (News Ltd) more than any other team bar the Broncos. Still don't agree with you guys - sorry

Oh, and if my son was a top junior of course I would point him to the Sea Eagles but if the Storm came along I would tell him to consider their offer seriously. Good career move

Canteen Worker link said:
That said, most clubs can't afford to pick up juniors of this calibre and keep them as it costs huge cash. Only a News-style budget would allow it. All more reason why there is no level playing field.

Thank you, THIS is what I wanted to say...

Rambo1987 link said:
I think what Shane Neumann said was right we dont try to use our ypunger players like other clubs
Shane on you:)
I thought what he had to say did not reflect much credit to him. He is a young player and had several NRL games at the beginning of the season. He may well become a good player but he hardly seized his opportunity with both hands this year. Also young is K Foran who played in our finals match and in enough NRL games to win a spot in the NZ team. Ditto for JWH. T Williams had a lot of games, as did D Williams as an unheralded youngster last year.

I think what Manly does do is keep improving the youngsters so that when they hit the top grade they are not just hit & miss they are quality players in their own right. G Stewart is another example of that.

Moops when they signed most of those players as juniors the Storm werent the club they are now. So the Storm being a successful club is a bit of a bull**** idea there.

It doesn't really have anything to do with the coach when they signed them as juniors.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Rambo1987 link=topic=182075.msg246629#msg246629 date=1259565835]
I think what Shane Neumann said was right we dont try to use our ypunger players like other clubs
Shane on you:)
I thought what he had to say did not reflect much credit to him. He is a young player and had several NRL games at the beginning of the season. He may well become a good player but he hardly seized his opportunity with both hands this year. Also young is K Foran who played in our finals match and in enough NRL games to win a spot in the NZ team. Ditto for JWH. T Williams had a lot of games, as did D Williams as an unheralded youngster last year.

I think what Manly does do is keep improving the youngsters so that when they hit the top grade they are not just hit & miss they are quality players in their own right. G Stewart is another example of that.

[/quote]

When Neumann did play he did have some shockers that were well below first grade standards - Bulldogs singed him on Qld cup grand final game and we got rid of him because of first grade appearences this year. For me I am happy to see him go and best of luck for his future. His comments had valid points but if he fails at the Dogs they may come to bite him.

We have used many juniors since the early 1992-4 when Hoppa - Beaver - Gartner - Kosef - Elsegood - Danny Moore - Cleary - Fultons? - All went on to big things. Hopefully Foran, Hoppa Jnr, Cherry-Evan, Lussick, Buhrer and some others I forget are the start of something special for our junions again

back then Arko ran the game and we could afford to keep them, those were the days :)

not quite as easy now

Fro link said:
Not really, God is still around.

Arko is just senile.
poor form mate
and factually incorrect
nothing wrong with arkos mind hes still as quick between the ears as ever.
well he was at the function on the gold coast

Cambo, being quick between the ears in Queensland is like running and saying you are a fast walker

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4