Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rusty

Bencher
SMH Article

As I work nights I often browse the web just after midnight to catch the news for the new day. This one caught my attention, it looks a little more legit then the rest of the rumours floating round.

Didnt want to submit as an article, as I thought Dan might want to keep the front page free of the un-verified stuff, as there will likely be tons of it now.

When they offer this 6 months ban for stepping out amd admitting instead of a 2 year ban threat, it seems to me as they have stuff all evidence and are just praying for a player to step forward so they have something to show.

"But News Limited has been told Manly have been red-flagged by ASADA because three players allegedly sourced CJC-1295 away from the club's headquarters and without its consent or knowledge."

Since when has news ltd been told the info??? As if the media would have been told, no ones been told anything in all of this

Assistant to sports scientist Stephen Dank named "The Gazelle" key figure in ASADA NRL doping investigation
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/assistant-to-sports-scientist-stephen-dank-named-the-gazelle-key-figure-in-asada-nrl-doping-investigation/story-e6frexnr-1226595923966

A MYSTERY assistant of sports scientist Stephen Dank has emerged as the key figure in ASADA's probe into Cronulla and Manly.

News Limited can reveal that Dank didn't work alone during his six-year tenure at Brookvale. He engaged the help of an alleged supplement expert known among players and coaching staff as "The Gazelle".

Dank has denied ever using performance-enhancing substances in the NRL.

It's also emerged that former Sharks head trainer Trent Elkin, now at Parramatta, has hired ex-ARL chairman and solicitor Colin Love to guide him through the ASADA interviews and potential fallout.

While Cronulla has absorbed the brunt of public scrutiny, Manly officials have also been in recent talks with ASADA investigators.

Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey yesterday reaffirmed his confidence the club would be cleared of any wrongdoing.

But individual players are another question altogether.

A significant portion of ASADA's inquiry has focused on players who maintained private contact with Dank or any of his colleagues. It's believed the Australian Crime Commission (ACC) has used phone taps to identify them.

And they will face punishment for simply purchasing or being in possession of banned substances, should ASADA be able to prove so through credit card or internet records.

Sharks insiders have also been told that Dank used an assistant during his brief stint at the club in 2011.

According to a former Manly player, who yesterday spoke on the condition of anonymity, "The Gazelle" had links to a large national supplement retailer.

It's believed former head coach Des Hasler warned him away from the club before Dank's departure at the end of 2010. But concerns are rife that "The Gazelle" stayed in contact with certain players and Manly could face difficulties should it be established they used, purchased or possessed banned supplements with his assistance.

All six clubs named in the ACC report have also received further information from the NRL's integrity unit.

Illegal peptides CJC-1295, GHRP-6 and beta thymosin have been mentioned in the documentation.

Toovey declined to comment when asked about "The Gazelle's" association with Manly, and Sea Eagles officials did not return calls last night.

But speaking earlier, Toovey expressed his conviction there were no systemic issues at Manly.

"We were one of the clubs named, so we're expecting (it, and) hopefully it will be sooner rather than later," Toovey said. "We've got no problems with our procedures at the club. We're quite confident with things that happened within the club at that time."

Love was spotted at Parramatta yesterday, where the Eels continue to stand behind Elkin. All indications suggest he will work the sidelines in tomorrow night's clash against Canterbury.

Now the club should come out and say:

" tell us the charges, show us the evidence and tell us who the three players and if true we will stand them down"

"The Gazelle"...really:huh:...someone should be banned for coming up with that name alone.
Show the evidence or piss off.

'The Gazelle' - FFS - it's like a 60's Movie plot:cool:

All media reports are basically confirming that the Manly Club Operations are in fact compliant with the WADA Code.

You can not legislate good sense, so the 3 rogue Players will be on their own in defending the ASADA case.

For all we know, they have all left the Club by now.:chill:

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Tell ASDA Prove it or f**k off

I agree Berkeley. Either name the players, and prove what they have taken, or f**k off.

I don't understand what ASADA are trying to accomplish by just giving numbers to the clubs involved then waiting another month to name people.

If they have the proof why not just say who it is?

dowdz said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Tell ASDA Prove it or f**k off

I agree Berkeley. Either name the players, and prove what they have taken, or f**k off.

I don't understand what ASADA are trying to accomplish by just giving numbers to the clubs involved then waiting another month to name people.

If they have the proof why not just say who it is?

They must not have hard evidence, if they have phone taps then that alone isn't enough to charge people

surely, if they have potentially incriminating phone taps , they have checked credit cards and internet options already, before releasing stories to the media.

Im starting to think, there is no agenda, no conspiracy, we just have 8 year olds running ASDA. Surely this investigation is called the tiny teddies file

Regardless of the drugs in sport controversy, this department desperately needs a grown up to guide them through the process. I get that they have an investigation but surely they realise by now they are damaging more than the guilty and should at least give the innocent the respect by checking all details available to them before releasing there suspicions to a media

Its a disgrace and after the investigation most should be punted

HappilyManly said:
'The Gazelle' - FFS - it's like a 60's Movie plot:cool:

For all we know, they have all left the Club by now.:chill:

OMG!!! HM is trying to feed us pills!!!!!

Are they on the banned list???

Asda expect HM to take a 6 month ban!!!!

In other news....world wide shortage of exclamation points linked to GE's posts!!!!

The lack of any positive drug tests would make any evidence from the Gazelle very hard to prove.

Bring back the Goanna.

If they had enough evidence they would simply issue a breach notice and what's more they would have targeted the "easy" option first. They have nothing but suspicion and I for one have had a gutful of the Kangaroo Court approch to this.

If you have evidence, then charge them and suspend them, if not the I agree with the sentiments of others.

To those on here that keep on telling us that we just don't understand how investigations work, I say what Daryl Melham (30 years as a Solicitor) says:

"A PROMINENT Labor MP has attacked the doping investigation into the National Rugby League, likening it to the 2007 arrest of Indian doctor Mohamed Haneef on false accusations of terrorism.
Daryl Melham yesterday rounded on Sports Minister Kate Lundy in federal caucus, accusing investigators of denying Cronulla Sharks players natural justice and calling on the anti-doping agency to put up or shut up."

well,the way I see it,its an ex player that dobbed the so called 3 players in,so they are going on his advice,which means he obviously didnt get on with these 3 so called players,mmm,could be sour grapes from the ex player if you ask me,hope the club stands behind the players

Can ASADA **** off to Melbourne an investigate the GAYFL

And ASADA always let the Telegraph know all their future moves and info.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4