Thoughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Farrar v Hayne, I still think it should have been a penalty, the Dogs supporter I watched the game with thought the same as me

Objectively, I can see how it can maybe be a 50/50, but I still think it was badly wrong

Ball in the air, 2 players attacking the ball, 1 goes up and tries to catch it, the other drops his head and shoulder and smashes the catcher. How is it not a penalty ?

Also thought it was very, very sketch. Hayne fair dinkum loves taking a dive more than anyone in the history of rugby league.

Hayne started off going for the ball but once he realised it was out of reach he took his eyes off it and went for the man instead.

well personally my thoughts are i wish it was a penalty,but i dont really think it was a bad enough offence to warrant a penalty after seeing the replay,in saying that if the situation was reversed and superstar Hayne was the catcher etc etc and also being at parra it probably would have been blown a penalty by that mug Shane Hayne.

[tt][/tt]
willstyles link said:
Also thought it was very, very sketch. Hayne fair dinkum loves taking a dive more than anyone in the history of rugby league.

Hayne started off going for the ball but once he realised it was out of reach he took his eyes off it and went for the man instead.

I think that's the key.. Hayne took his eyes off the ball pretty early on. 

You would have thought the refs could have let us benefit from a 50/50 call after viewing the blatant forward pass they'd allowed in the previous try just a few minutes earlier.  It often happens they'll give a side a leg up when they have stuffed them with a bad decision.  Not this time though .......

Hayne got a check from Gifty just before the contact with Farrar which threw him off balance a little and made it look worse than it was. There were plenty of better opportunities than that for us to be given a penalty but they weren't forthcoming either.

There was another Eel forward pass in the first half that was let go, they called it on Fox as several metres forward.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7