Thoughts on the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
First of all, I want to discuss some negativity. Why the hell, whenever Manly plays, do the stupid Channel nine commentators refuse to say anything positive about our team? Ray Rabbits tonight mentioned Dunley's spitting episode, Gould mentioned Manly's poor handling of the whole Monaghan saga, and that tool that "just has his say" on the footy show, very much like the Knights game focused on Andrew Ryan's no try after the game, rather than Manly's effort !!!
What about the obvious penalty that should have gone our way when "shifty Sherwin" budged Travis, when we were in a prime attacking position, where teams generally score the most? All Gould could do was laugh, but if say Burns did that to say Johns, what would be Gould's reaction?
What about Travis's bomb, where he ran forward, and put everyone on side. Utai knocked the ball on clearly, and Mr Bean penalised Travis for being offside.....ummmm....he was the kicker !!!!

That said, these people can't take the gloss off our amazing victory.

People have to realise that we haven't beaten The Dogs @ Brookie for almost a decade.

We are now what I would term playing consistent football.

We now can see that life will go on after Ben Kennedy.

We are determining our OWN future rather than relying on other results.

You know....I actually think this team could grind out a premiership for us !!!

Awesome guys....just awesome....beating the Dogs twice in a year is sweet music.

Just shove thewhole 1st half of your post in the bin and rely on the 2nd half. For gods sake it cant be that hard to be pleased at tonights performance and result.

It's called discussion Jatz...
And yes...I don't know what you were reading, but from the way I read what I have said, it's obvious to any normal person I'm MORE than pleased at tonight's performance and result...

Maybe you missed something?

Just shove thewhole 1st half of your post in the bin and rely on the 2nd half. For gods sake it cant be that hard to be pleased at tonights performance and result.

What???

He wasn't displeased with Manly's effort at all, he was simply commenting on the fact that the reffing was poor tonight and while the bad decisions went both ways - the commentary team made it sound like the bulldogs got the bad calls and Manly got none. I seem to remember them scoring right after that shocking offside call against Burns.

At no stage did Ryan say (in the first half of the post) that he was displeased with tonights effort or result.

[quote author=Jatz Crackers]

What???

He wasn't displeased with Manly's effort at all, he was simply commenting on the fact that the reffing was poor tonight and while the bad decisions went both ways - the commentary team made it sound like the bulldogs got the bad calls and Manly got none. I seem to remember them scoring right after that shocking offside call against Burns.

At no stage did Ryan say (in the first half of the post) that he was displeased with tonights effort or result.
[/quote]

Cheers mate...I thought I m ay have been writing in Greek or something !!!

Jatz = :bdh:

What about the obvious penalty that should have gone our way when \"shifty Sherwin\" budged Travis, when we were in a prime attacking position, where teams generally score the most? All Gould could do was laugh, but if say Burns did that to say Johns, what would be Gould's reaction?

Gould seems to be doing that a lot lately, whenever someone 'cheats' he laughs about it and says how great it is :blah: . I'll have to watch the game again, the only bit of controversy I noticed was the Ryan no try.

I thought we played pretty well, the only thing that worried me was some flimsy tryline defence. Apart from that I thought all the players had good games. It's not often you can say that, and the conditions were pretty miserable.

Summed it up pretty well there cletus.

Phil Gould finds it funny and exciting when a player can cheat and get away with it. But when the ref pulls up a shot that clips someone around the ears or the video ref takes a min to get the call right he goes on and on about how its against everything the game stands for.

I get the impression that neither Ray Warren or Peter Sterling appreciate his comments.

Give him his lime light in the news paper. Tuck his article away on page 4 but for christ sakes stop putting the fool in front of a camera with a microphone.

I agree ryan.. Andrew Voss did nothing but **** me off after the game!

Did not say one word praising our boys and their massive game.. all he wanted to do is crap on about the Andrew Ryan no try... it was hardly a turning point... it was pretty obvious that the ball popped loose... and it was also obvious on the dunley try that YES the ball hit the ground first.. but the bulldog players dragged him over the line and all he had to do was roll the ball onto the line... IT NEVER LEFT HIS HAND AND HE DIDN'T PROMOTE THE BALL IN ANYWAY.... what happens if it's raining and a player goes to score a try out wide and he slides before the tryline and ends up over the tryline because of his dive??? It's still a try.. what is the difference??

And yes...I don't know what you were reading, but from the way I read what I have said, it's obvious to any normal person I'm MORE than pleased at tonight's performance and result...

Nope. I didnt miss anything. Your first sentence Ryan : "First of all I want to discuss some negativity". The same flavour can be said for the whole first half of your post Ryan. Its bitching & moaning about issues OTHER THAN the superb win. It seems to be a trait of yours.

I was not saying in my reply that you wernt happy with the win. The second half of the post suggests you were. Rather, my intention was to clearly state that I believe the first half of your post was unecessary rubbish. It says a lot about someone that after a huge win like that last night your first response is to moan about a side issue.

As I said, if you dump the annoying first half of your post your message would have been nothing but positive.

I heard on the radio this morning that Channel 9 had their highest ratings this year for FNF last night.

After the europhria of last night and our great win it is apparent that a lot of those viewers last night would have been the bogans that support Newcastle, the flannelled shirted brigade that support Parramatta and those insular pricks from Brisbane that would have all been barracking for the Dogs.

This morning I am enjoying their pain as much as I am enjoying our victory.

Jatz, the negativity Ryan is talking about in the OP is directed towards the nine commentary team. Not the Manly team.

I heard on the radio this morning that Channel 9 had their highest ratings this year for FNF last night.

That's great news. If we rate well nine will have us on more, great for the sponsorship dollars. If they wanted us to lose tonight they'll want it more next week :D .

Jatz, the negativity Ryan is talking about in the OP is directed towards the nine commentary team. Not the Manly team.

Yep I understand that Cletus. To me thats irrelevant. In my view, his post contained negative rubbish when it was supposed to be a post match celebration. Anything negative about any subject was out of place.

Yep I understand that Cletus. To me thats irrelevant. In my view, his post contained negative rubbish when it was supposed to be a post match celebration. Anything negative about any subject was out of place.

I know Ryan has been negative in the past, I've peeved him on MSE by calling him a neative nelly. But play it as it lies. Just like Kings performances have improved over the last year, so has Ryans. He's been positively positive for the last month or so and I'm impressed. Obviously he's not turning into a fawning sycophant but I couldn't see anything remotely negative in the OP.

Anything negative about any subject was out of place.

Except for our goal line defence in the first half and the exposure given to it for all to see.

A lot of work lies ahead on that for the boys this week before they combat the Storm.

[quote author=Ryan]

Nope. I didnt miss anything. Your first sentence Ryan : "First of all I want to discuss some negativity". The same flavour can be said for the whole first half of your post Ryan. Its bitching & moaning about issues OTHER THAN the superb win. It seems to be a trait of yours.

I was not saying in my reply that you wernt happy with the win. The second half of the post suggests you were. Rather, my intention was to clearly state that I believe the first half of your post was unecessary rubbish. It says a lot about someone that after a huge win like that last night your first response is to moan about a side issue.

As I said, if you dump the annoying first half of your post your message would have been nothing but positive.

[/quote]

Dead set mate - you can seriously crap on !!! Hehehe... Your like an old dog at a bone. I'm starting to see why they pulled the pin on you elsewhere.... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

It's actually quite amusing. Seeing you try and argue your point, when everyone else has moved onto the subject topic at hand. LoL.

Corso - That's great about the ratings. Shame about the weather...I would have thought maybe another 2k - 5k may have tunred up if it was a dry night.

And like I was suggesting above, rather than bringing the negatives up, it would have been fantastic if the commentary team praised the effort of our boys after the game (espescially the host of The Sunday Roast), rather than bringing up reasons why The Bulldogs were robbed.

I was dirty when they did that to us against The Knights as well. I reckon regardless of whether Newcastle had the ball, our defence was steel enough to hold them out.

"Dead set mate - you can seriously crap on !!! Hehehe... Your like an old dog at a bone"
So Ryan goes from "this is a discussion" to he now doesnt want you to see a reply. Typical & weak as piss !"

"I'm starting to see why they pulled the pin on you elsewhere...."
You can always take your negativity back over there Ryan. Your weak character is more accepted there.

It sounds to me like someone needs a hug....

Come ere....C'mon....don't be shy....throw those arms open !!! LoL.

I humbly accept that your prose is suggestive of defeat. It's ok though mate, you mis-read my original statement, people have pointed that out to you, and your unwilling to concede.

By the way - happy for this to be a discussion....this is point 2 I think you might not have understood....and that maybe warrants....

Another HUG.....yep...two in the one night !!!

As for me taking my negativity "over there", I don't need to, because I can post there freely - and have the right to do so.

Mmmmm...don't want to hug 3 times. People might start talking !!!

If only Rex Mossop was still calling the mtahces on TV - Manly would get a good go then.

Grrrr...all my PC systems are down at work !!!

Jatz....I'm married, which means I gotta try and take any action I can get ok !!!

Hahahahaha....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4