Thoughts on 2011 squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
the only backs he took on was Foran (which had to be) Hoppa, Whare and Oldfield won't see much 1st grade if Brett, Steve and Robbo are fit. Really, only Robbo is in danger from Oldfield. Age hasn't hurt Sam Burgess though, he didn't need to be 25 plus.

Gee GC is very angry fella! maybe Dessie knocked him back for an autograph.
Chill out GC it's still the cricket season get fired up in March if our boys are going badly, which I'm confident won't happen :)

2011 squad and how they will go;

1. Snake - whilst it will take time (probably 9 or 10 games) he will be back to his brilliant attacking best. Rating 8
2. Robbo- may struggle for necessary speed but never lacks heart. Will have Hoppa and Oldfield pushing him all year so will be solid as usual.Rating 7.5
3. Lyon -say no more. Brilliant, superstar and will shine again. Getting better with age and is hitting his golden years now. Rating 10
4. Matai- tough hard and will give it his all as usual.Just dont get anymore suspensions pleeeeeese. Rating 7.5 because of missing early season.
5 Wolfman- will be back to his 2008 best by round 6.Rating 7

6. Foran - this kid is superstar material and will only get better. Rating 9
7. DCE or L Foran - either will struggle early and will be our weakness for first half of year but by later season will be solid. Rating 5

8. King - Best prop by far and will give another outstanding season. Rating 8.5
9. Ballin - has me worried over 80 min and I think he needs to be interchanged after 60 mins like Des did in 08 with L'Estrange.Rating 8
10. Kite- Another who has me worried. If he is focused and determined then very damaging. Rating could be a 4 or an 8 so say 6.
11. Choc - Injury free he will shine this year. Has had 2 lean seasons and is due. Maturity should see mistakes cut down and straight hard running back. Rating 9
12. Rodney - Injury concerns but if he stays fit then will be our workhorse and will have an oustanding year. Rating 8
13 Gift - With his brother now cleared watch this guy go. He will surpass his 2008 form and show the leadership and maturity we have been lacking in the backrow these last 2 years. This guy is in for a bumper season. Rating 9.5

14 George - Injury free he will show qualities we havent seen yet. Rating 7.5
15 T Rex- This is a watershed year for him. I feel he will mature into a damaging impact player off the bench and will need to show it this season. Rating could be 4 or 9 so 6.5
16 Joe Galuvao - Solid bench player and will give his all. Ageing but necessary hard man. Rating 6.5
17 Cross - Needs to show he is a first grader this year or he is finished. Have my doubts he has what it takes. Rating 4
18 Whare - Potential test center I reckon and will fit right in if matai does the usual. Rating 5 but he could be an 8 or 9.
19 Buhrer - Also has rep class potential but still very green. Rating 5
20 Hopoate - Again a future rep player but has been plagued by injury. Time will tell if he goes on with it or not Rating 5.
21 Oldfield - I have a feeling he may take either Robbo or Wolfs wing spot this year. Has greta potential ands will be our firsts winger in the next few seasons if not this year. Rating 6.
22. Harrison - Dont know enough about him no rating.
23. Seu Seu have we signed him or not. No rating hasnt played enough.
24 Robinson = Havent seen him no rating
So our top squad of 13 is pretty good and can easily get a top 4 spot IF we stay relatively healthy. Our bench is a worry really not much impact unless T Rex and George have big seasons. L Foran, Whare Buhrer off the bench could the wild cards we are missing but a big question mark there.

Predicted finish 6th

Darren link said:
the only backs he took on was Foran (which had to be) Hoppa, Whare and Oldfield won't see much 1st grade if Brett, Steve and Robbo are fit. Really, only Robbo is in danger from Oldfield. Age hasn't hurt Sam Burgess though, he didn't need to be 25 plus.

But they played first grade instead of older players.  If they are good enough Des will blood them.

can't see him dropping Robbo or Matai!! Brett at 1, Wolfie on wing, jamie at centre, not much room for Hoppa, Whare (I know, replace Steve while suspended) and Oldfield. Lowe summed it up when he said Des likes experienced players!! Maybe Tasi and now Birrigan Young (toyota prop off to Broncos) are leaving.

yes, we kept Cunningham, at least we kept one of them, certainly a big loss in toyota props, Jarrod, Tasi and Birrigan Young.

Darren link said:
can't see him dropping Robbo or Matai!! Brett at 1, Wolfie on wing, jamie at centre, not much room for Hoppa, Whare (I know, replace Steve while suspended) and Oldfield. Lowe summed it up when he said Des likes experienced players!! Maybe Tasi and now Birrigan Young (toyota prop off to Broncos) are leaving.

My comment was mainly in relation to yours about Des not liking to give young kids a chance, the last 2 years has thrown that out the window imo.  If form warrants it I think he will drop Robbo or Wolfman, he now knows the others can perform at the top level. 

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4