Thought for next season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Theres a handy young backrower from Canberra who can play centre also, may not start in the top 17 but will be there at some stage of 2013.
The game today is based on speed, where backrowers are often playing the role of what used to be known as inside centre attacking those edges with the ability to unload to a flying outside support player.
Nothing beats a legitimate centre, especially the 2 we have but if theres any injury - Buhrer /Chee Kam are the ppl to fill it imo. 1 of these guys will start & the versatility of the other from the bench is all good.

Why don't they just go back to the 'old' rule with reserves (who have played the previous game - NSW Cup and I seriously believe they should be before the main game) sitting on the bench and you can choose replacements, but the reserve has to have played a minimum amount of minutes in the previous game (and you're still limited to the number of replacements).

If a back gets injured, you've got 7 replacements available to fill a spot in all positions and forwards there's 6.

You're still limited to 4 general replacements but...I would also include the caveat:

1) If a player is so severely injured (would have to be adjudged by an independent medico) that he can take no further part in the game, it is a free replacement (goes up to 5 replacements).
2) If there's a case of foul play causing a player to be replaced its is a free replacement (goes up to 5 replacements or 6 if (1) occurs)..
3) A head-bin is a free replacement

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Chee kam is no longer centre material. He might have been a centre option about 15kgs ago. He will end up a front rower imo.
Not starting centre , only as a substitute if needed & that includes behind the Buhrer option. He definately has an imposing frame but plays a game similar to Gene Miles/Choppy Close/Meninga from the old school. The modern day backrowers are quite mobile & very comparable to that older era of inside centre. Also think Chee Kam is a little quicker & more agile than you think.
Cant see the front row option any time soon.

I dont think we need to change a lot.

We were Top 4 this year and were beaten by the eventual Premiers in the finals.

At various times throughout the year we were without Gift, Foran, TRex for extended periods. We probably over achieved given the circumstances this year with Tooves coming in, contracts coming up throughout the year etc.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8