Those who think the Warriors will be underdone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Have a read of this quote from Paul Harragan

"Former Newcastle great Paul Harragon has been in New Zealand to film a series of stunts for The Footy Show's "Daredevil Dudes" segment, but the scariest experience he had was being up close at Warriors training.

With Channel Nine colleague Peter Sterling having joined the Warriors coaching staff this season in a consultancy role, Harragon watched an opposed session at Ericsson Stadium and was stunned by the intensity of the hit-out.

"I was glad just to be watching," said the former Test prop. "I think there were a couple of broken noses; it was pretty full-on. They had a disappointing season last year but are obviously fired up to turn things around, and I think just as quickly as they fell they will rise again."

For the full article go here

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3209631a10713,00.html

Its going t be a massively physical game, and I have the feeling that we will take a few injuries from that game, hurting our cause early on in the season

thats my point I fear for Kennedy I am sure he will be a target. They are going to go all out, they have a lot to prove after last year and will do it through dominance.

Its going to be rough and hard and a great game to watch.

Clash of the season will be

Bulldogs vs Warriors I think

It will obviously be a bloody tough game first up, but what makes it worse is having to listen to those crappy commentators. They are so biased, they just talk utter rubbish. It would make the win so much more enjoyable if I got to hear those commentators having a cry like last year.

Just go to the club wach it there and play some stick. That way you dont have to listen to them

Both teams should be pumped.

If our guys go out with no agro then watch out ME. There will be some unhappy chappies

It's very hard to maintan a high intensity for 80 mins. Most teams pumped up big fall off a bit in the second part of each half.

We have to contain them in the first 20, be very patient, finish our sets, cut down mistakes and wait until the intensity drops. Moving up quickly to make big hits also makes you susceptible to light on their feet runners and also wide runners using the inside ball. We can outfootball them. They are likely to try to adopt the impossible ball, offload everywhere type of game and if we can bustle and defend well they will make a lot of mistakes. Stacey's running game must be watched

We need to control field position and make them work hard coming out of their own territory. Grubbers to the corner and a good chase are also essential.

We can beat them but we have to compete and hold our own in the middle in the first 20.

I think you will see a different warriors to previous years. They wont be throwing the impossible ball anymore they will use their strength and with Fein and Jones controlling the Halves they should be playing so great football. Then you have Price leading the charge forward. These alone are a formidable force

No point in talking them up, they have to produce it on the field. These contact training sessions the players are normally padded up well so there is no chance of injury. It might be a bit different went Kylie starts banging them.

In terms of weight our pack is bigger than theirs. Will our determination, controlled aggression and defensive pattern be better than theirs...??? Here's hoping.

I had a dream we beat souths 54 - 0 last night :D

*cough* freak *cough*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4