This week's judiciary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
My prediction

Kite: 1 week
Ballin: 4-6 weeks

The latter because with the whiff of cordite about the club at the moment the media will liken his incident to the one where Bird kneed Marteen.

I don't think Ballin connected, but he's certainly given LeStrange an opening..What was he thinking? , that it wouldn't be seen?  Kite did this same sort of thing last season. Coming in as the third tackler there's not much of a person to hold.  He needs to work on that play.  

Ballin's brain explosion is probably going to cost him a week or two. Not sure Kite will have a case to answer.

Kite should not have a case to answer.  Ballin on the other hand.....well at least he didnt connect and he doesnt have a record I assume. He should say he felt a twinge in his knee and was stretching it out I mean it looked as though he was doing some warm ups :)

Hopefully they'll consider Ballin as having served his punishment with the sin binning..... Kite's wasn't even around the bloke's neck, it was on side of the neck and wasn't long - I was annoyed about the penalty.

Chip & Chase link said:
Ballin's brain explosion is probably going to cost him a week or two. Not sure Kite will have a case to answer.
Again I come back to the scrutiny we're after and the media looking for blood.

There probably is no need for a Kite suspension, but don't forget Cam Smith's grapple suspension was 2 weeks at the end of the year because of a charge for a grapple tackle in Round One.

yes Matas but that rule has changed as far as loading goes, there is a decay factor built in to cary over points now

And C Smith's tackle looked 1000% worse than Kite's.  Smith attempted to rip the guys head clean Off.  Kitey's is just that he's the third man in and there's not much left of the tackled player besides his head to grab.  He has to be aware of the scrutiny that we will come under this season.

Fro link said:
yes Matas but that rule has changed as far as loading goes, there is a decay factor built in to cary over points now

Which is a very sensible way of re-structuring it in my opinion.

I'm aware of the decay factor, and I am not likening Kite's tackle to the Thaiday unscrewing.

What I am saying is you can bet the NRL feel compelled to take action on anything with a hint of grapple to it to be *seen* to be taking a tough stance.  The refs called it a grapple last night and you can be sure they will make sure enough points apply so that Kite sits out for a week.

I think Kite will be fine. There wasn't much in it and he changed his arm position when he realised what was happening.

Ballin might have more by topping off the knee by throwing the first punch. Hopefully the 10 minutes in the bin will be the end of it.

Des should get into both of them and then get into the team.  A weak effort by all.  Kitey was having trouble with his tackling style last year.  It's the third man in where there's really only the neck to wrap yourself around.  He needs to sit down with Des and work out what to do.  Des was always a terrific tackler.  King made some big hits especially on our line.  I'm just about over Saturday night.  Bring on the Warriors.   

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2