This team has not got it!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Next week, why not Schuster on for Garrick?

-Elliott
-Jorge
-Parker
-Suli
-Schuster

The week after, Funa on for Parker.

-Elliott
-Jorge
-Funa
-Suli
-Schuster

See how they both go then reassess for the game after that.

One thing I have noticed is that all the posts starting with ... " now that we have a good coach" ... seem to have stopped ....
I think supporter enthusiasm for Des was more out of desperation to be finally rid of Barrett. This was the way I was thinking...now, I am not so sure. It is like going back to an old girlfriend - it hardly ever works out and it is just not the same.

Let's look at some horrendous facts:
1. We have not scored a try in nine matches from a kick.
2. All other clubs score 25-35% of their tries from kicks
3. We are poor at defusing kicks, leading to a lot of tries against us
4. It is the job of members of our backline to create tryscoring opportunities from clever kicks.
5. Ditto diffusing opposition kicks

We can have very good defence, but kicking is such a vital part of the sport these days that we must make it a priority. Who are our backline kicking/diffusing kicks coaches? Des, Michael Monaghan or a Fulton/Randall?
Whoever, they are failing.

Teams have form slumps, it's part of the game, your season usually depends on how you come out of it. This season certainly has brought some unique challenges and Manly has their share of misfortune but despite how crap we are let's not forget, so far this year we've beaten both last year's grand finalists, and ought to have beaten this year's front-runners the Eels but for a dud call.

At the risk of being controversial (no, actually that doesn't bother me at all) :) can we try to maintain a little sense of perspective here folks?!!

I think supporter enthusiasm for Des was more out of desperation to be finally rid of Barrett. This was the way I was thinking...now, I am not so sure. It is like going back to an old girlfriend - it hardly ever works out and it is just not the same.

My view has always been, that not every good thing is the result of the coach .... and neither is every bad thing the coaches fault either ...

I have seen 11 or 12 coaches at Manly ... had the luck of playing in teams coached by 3 of them ..... and none of them were Gods ....

Football clubs are now huge organic life support systems for 36 players, 12 coaching staff, 10 medical and support staff, head office staff, owners and board members .... all with ego's and testosterone in abundance .... and ALL these different parts have to come together for a club to have success .... then throw in injuries, the draw, ref's, GreenTurd, player's managers, and just old fashion fate ... and you get the picture ...

Fukk me sideways ... at one point we were even blaming Barrett for DCE kicking out on the full once .... Having only 21 fit players at the club was met with "No excuses Baz" .... and yet now we point out we have lost Tom and Walker ....

Every injury was the result of Baz ... lack of fitness and training .... yet now our injuries are just bad luck ...

In summary .... I think Dessie is as good a coach as we could get .... his ability to manage and direct the club are first rate .... is he perfect ... No ..... but he is damn good .... but as ever ... many things not under his control will play a part ....

Teams have form slumps, it's part of the game, your season usually depends on how you come out of it. This season certainly has brought some unique challenges and Manly has their share of misfortune but despite how crap we are let's not forget, so far this year we've beaten both last year's grand finalists, and ought to have beaten this year's front-runners the Eels but for a dud call.

At the risk of being controversial (no, actually that doesn't bother me at all) :) can we try to maintain a little sense of perspective here folks?!!
We can try but that would certainly be unusual.......

One thing I have noticed is that all the posts starting with ... " now that we have a good coach" ... seem to have stopped ....
I'm looking forward to the posts that start with "now that we have a good owner"! I still think all our problems come back to owners who are not present and don't provide. Yet to be convinced otherwise.

My view has always been, that not every good thing is the result of the coach .... and neither is every bad thing the coaches fault either ...

I have seen 11 or 12 coaches at Manly ... had the luck of playing in teams coached by 3 of them ..... and none of them were Gods ....

Football clubs are now huge organic life support systems for 36 players, 12 coaching staff, 10 medical and support staff, head office staff, owners and board members .... all with ego's and testosterone in abundance .... and ALL these different parts have to come together for a club to have success .... then throw in injuries, the draw, ref's, GreenTurd, player's managers, and just old fashion fate ... and you get the picture ...

Fukk me sideways ... at one point we were even blaming Barrett for DCE kicking out on the full once .... Having only 21 fit players at the club was met with "No excuses Baz" .... and yet now we point out we have lost Tom and Walker ....

Every injury was the result of Baz ... lack of fitness and training .... yet now our injuries are just bad luck ...

In summary .... I think Dessie is as good a coach as we could get .... his ability to manage and direct the club are first rate .... is he perfect ... No ..... but he is damn good .... but as ever ... many things not under his control will play a part ....
My problem with Barrett was, and always will be:
his inability to lead
his lack of understanding that he was coach and not one of the boys, which led to a drinking culture and a divided group of favourites and others
his treatment of jackson hastings - however much he deserved sanction, it is an in house matter and never a press conference
ok, one footy thing - kicking for touch when we had the Warriors all but cooked

Will be interesting to see if he has learned anything if he takes over the pups

I honestly don’t know if I can watch this game against the eels. I hate seeing us get flogged.Although this game will tell us quite a bit where we stand this year. We need to win this game more than the eels.Gutho would like nothing better than to stuff our season up With a nasty defeat.

Agree but just wish they had it more consistently.

We fight hard and beat the Roosters, Raiders and the Eels ( in reality twice) but then capitulate to sides below us.

I don’t know if that’s a mental thing but if it is maybe we need an expert in there to help.

The sad thing is mate that we all know that we'd be a fair bit higher up the ladder had we not lost Fainu before the season, then lost Walks and Turbo to mid-long term injuries in the one game. AFB's suspension and maybe missing a game because of his anti-vaccination stance hasn't helped either.

I know we have to make do right now because Fainu won't be back this year, legal trouble aside his shoulder rules him out, while we don't have Tom or Dylan. But if we had those 3 on the park right now I dare say that we'd have at least 2 more wins and would be top 4 ... and no one would be complaining.

The sad thing is mate that we all know that we'd be a fair bit higher up the ladder had we not lost Fainu before the season, then lost Walks and Turbo to mid-long term injuries in the one game. AFB's suspension and maybe missing a game because of his anti-vaccination stance hasn't helped either.

I know we have to make do right now because Fainu won't be back this year, legal trouble aside his shoulder rules him out, while we don't have Tom or Dylan. But if we had those 3 on the park right now I dare say that we'd have at least 2 more wins and would be top 4 ... and no one would be complaining.
Agree but it just happens every bloody year lately meanwhile other clubs seem to roll on oblivious to it all.

Now that we have a good coach we are finally able to grind our way into a win under extreme adversity.

Always someone ... usually a numbnut .... who believes in unicorns, naturopaths, omnipotent sky fairies ... and that coaches have some divine powers .... hold the unicorns .... that would be blasphemy

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4