This smells more like 2008 than 2007

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don't know if I am right in syaing what I am about to say, and I have been loathe to say this until now..... BUT 2011 smells more like 2008 than 2007 to me and that means we are going to be celebrating big time on the 2nd of October.

Let's revisit 2008 (well late in the season)

Des had the boys peaking at just the right time, we had a loss (the one we had to have) and then powered home blasting away two sides in the semi's and smashing the Storm in the final.

Roll on 2011

Four or five weeks ago they starting looking a little dodgy, but then Des (forever known as GOD) gets them cracking at just the right time. We need to forget round 26 that was exceptional circumstances BUT even so great heart shown by a weakened team. Their performance in round 25 was masterful.

And now we blow away a side in the first semi.

And now we are at the second semi, and "could" well blow away another side on Friday night.

If that happens we are dead set certs to win the final, we will be untouchable!!

I CAN smell it!!

Anyone agree with me???

Agree Mark. Strangely enough, in both years the over-whelming sense of confidence we would win the comp came to me after a loss. In '08 it was the loss to Melbourne at Brookie and this year it was the lost to the Dragons. Can't really explain it but in both games I got the sense our boys said "Right, we know what your best is now and we've got a lot more gas left in the tank"

Mark, I agree. I thought that the performance against Melbourne at Brookvale showed what the team is capable of. To me we were far superior with the ball and without and when they tried the dirty stuff we gave them plenty. This is an exceptional football side peaking at the right time. My only concern is Pink Pricks.

Couldn't agree more. Have had the same feeling since the Storm game at Brookie. We just look in awesome condition,confidence and form. They have huge motivation at the moment and it will prove them unstopable.

Mark, I see it too. When we played Melbourne a month ago we unlocked the key to their demise. Get near their line and they have difficulty defending it. They play a game that ensures that teams stay out of their twenty. Other teams saw it too that night, and Newcastle scored easily when they got down the Storm end. It's just that they didn't get down there often. We will play two power games and get both the Bongoes and Storm with power, skill and toughness. Unlike the Cows game, GOD will have our guys get out of the blocks early and stay up.

Have to agree Mark. If we play to our potential we will repeat 2008. The only way we will loose this weekend is if we beat ourselves, and this would be by making silly errors. I can't see the Broncos beating us if we play to our ability. Des will have the boys primed to perform at their peak for the next 2 games.

mosto said:
Agree Mark. Strangely enough, in both years the over-whelming sense of confidence we would win the comp came to me after a loss. In '08 it was the loss to Melbourne at Brookie and this year it was the lost to the Dragons. Can't really explain it but in both games I got the sense our boys said "Right, we know what your best is now and we've got a lot more gas left in the tank"

Very interesting, for me the loss to Illararra was, 'is that all you've got?' But the clincher for me was the last round loss to you-know-who. With such a weakened team, that loss showed me the boys never thought of losing that game, they went out to win a match no-one else thought they could win, and that showed championship qualities to me. I bet they were actually pissed they lost that game.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
mosto said:

Very interesting, for me the loss to Illararra was, 'is that all you've got?' But the clincher for me was the last round loss to you-know-who. With such a weakened team, that loss showed me the boys never thought of losing that game, they went out to win a match no-one else thought they could win, and that showed championship qualities to me. I bet they were actually pissed they lost that game.
That game imo had possably the biggest dynamics of 08 in the sense that Manly lost to Storm at Brooky in a tough end of season encounter but were not far off the pace, just lacked finishing with poor timed execution - similar to the illawarra game at WIN Stadium.
Definately looking the goods & for me our GF is this w/end.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
mosto said:

This was the game for me as well. Melbourne was one I always knew would be ours, and Brisbane should have been ours. The guts in the 2nd half from those boys was amazing and it showed that the passion to win this year, and not just do the best we can, was there.

We win against the Donkeys and the title will be ours.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2