This may possibly be our team next week ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
King doesn't have a case to answer ??? r u serious.  Forget the colour of his jersey. Anyone who does what he did has to get 4 weeks imo. Dont forget he has already been suspended for the same charge.

Brett Stewart,
Michael Robertson,
Jamie Lyon (c),
Tony Williams,
Will Hopoate,
Kieran Foran,
Daly Cherry-Evans
Jason King (c),
Matt Ballin,
Brent Kite,
Anthony Watmough,
Joe Galuvao,
Glenn Stewart

I
: Terence Seuseu,
Jamie Buhrer,
George Rose,
Vic Mauro
Extended Bench: Tim Robinson

this is the team from the nsw cup yesterday

1. Sione Ala
2. Ben Shorter
3. Blake Davey
4. Scott Blanch
5. Michael Oldfield
6. Liam Foran
7. Gary Riccardi
8. Matt Cross
9. Liam Higgins
10. Junior Palau
11. Daniel Harrison
12. Mitch Jowett
13. Darcy Lussick
14. Joseph Hawkins
15. Shane Rodney broken arm
16. James Cunningham
17. Ray Moujalli

come up with a team now add Wolfy who is due back

Agree with Bones that Snake could handle the 5/8 role. Prob is Hoppa now out....Robbo - decent finisher but never liked him at fullback. Need some sort of injection in the fowards - no creativity or tip ons just 1 out. Buhrer seemed the only guy hitting holes & was a bright spot out of a poor game imo.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=186821.msg322699#msg322699 date=1299970244]
Zorba said Hoppa had damaged his acl joint. 7-8 weeks

wow the news is getting worse
[/quote]

Oldfield is a more than capable substitute for Hoppa and in fact has more pace which we lack badly.

We're very skinny for outside backs at the moment, however for the sake of building some continuity, I'd keep as many players in their usual positions as possible. That means only replacing those that were injured...
Davey or Blanch for Lyon
Oldfield or Wolfie for Young Hoppa

Brett needs to build confidence at FB and Robbo's ONLY position is on the wing.
Foran and DCE need to develop their combination, so they shouldn't be split up.

I thought Joe looked too slow and I'd shift Mauro into the starting side with Cunningham or Lussick coming onto the bench.
If King is suspended then, Rose starts with Cross also coming onto the bench.

The problem is Buhrer.... He's a small forward with a high workrate and we already have a couple of those in the team (Stewart, Watmough & Seu Seu). He was good last night but you wouldn't pick him over Glen or Choc and Seu Seu is more versitile. At moment he's taking up the spot that could be better utilised with a bigger Prop/Back rower.

1 Brett
2. Robbo
3. Rex
4. Lodge
5. Williams
6. Foran
7. Dce
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Buhrer
13. Stewart

14. Seu seu
15. Rose
16. Cross
17. Gulavou

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299974896[/time]

Were not dead and buried people ! Some would have thought it's the bloody apocalypse. So we lose the first few games big deal rnd 5-6 we will turn it around ! Hang in there give it time !

Think Des will pick this team.

Stewart
Williams (David)
Foran
Williams
Robertson
Stewart (Glen)
Cherry Evans
Kite
Ballin
Mauro
Watmough
Gulauvo
Buhrer

Seu Seu
Rose
Cross
Robinson

Assuming no King, Lyon, Whare, Matai, Rodney and Hopoate.

Everyone is on crack to assume that either Brett or Glenn will play 5/8 foran didn't play too well lastnight but who did ? Players won't be shifted  into different positions. It was abvious foran was playing centre and gift at 5/8..... Never again ! Cross will come in, he needs to get his chance !

1 Stewart
2 Oldfield
3 Robertson
4 D Williams if fit/Davey
5 T Williams
6 Foran
7 DCE
8 Kite
9 Ballin
10 Mauro
11 Watmough
12 Galavoa
13 Stewart

14 Seu Seu
15 Rose
16 Robinson
17 Buhrer

The centres are our biggest concern but could alternate when attacking or defending.

Look at the top teams forwards and then look at ours. Ageing or too slow King, Kite, Rose, Galuvao, Cross. I'm sorry I just dont see where we can win enough territory to get us into field position to attack and score points. last night we played most of the game in our own half same as last year. Who are the meter gainers to get us into attacking field position ? Certainly our front row rotation is not good enough for top half of the comp. Even the Sharkies front row is way better than ours.

Yeah Joe went ok and I can see why he is in the squad to play mentor to the youngsters, but he is passed it.

Bones link said:
I'd still like to see Brett given a shot at five eighth. He set up the only manly try last night with a great ball. I think Foran is a better centre than he is a five eighth. He is a ball runner not a playmaker. Stewart is both. It also gives Hoppa ( the future) the fullback spot.

1 Hoppa
2 Robbo
3 Oldfield
4 Foran
5 Wolfie
6 Brett Stewart
7 DCE
8 King ( IMO he won't have a case to answer)
9 Ballin ( how can he be in doubt if he came back on last night?)
10 Kite
11 Watmough ( not sure why.. Too good at his best to leave out but when will we see it)
12 G Stewart
13 Buhrer

14 Seu Seu
15 Mauro
16 Gulavao
17 Lissick or Cunningham

Sorry George but u miss out.

Stewart may spark the attack a bit, but we are completely lost without him at FB. His position play is first-rate, and was one of the highlights of our defense last night.

Joe got whacked in the nuts, besides that he was behind buhrer as best forward on the field ! Heads up guys it's not the end ! Matai and wolf will give us alot of dummy half runs ! Bench rnd 2 Terrence,rose cross, gulavou !

Let's not forget that Glenn Stewart was a 5/8th for most of his junior footy. The MWSE web site has Wolfy back for round 2 and I haven't read or heard anything to the contrary. I am also not aware of injury to Whare, Oldfield or Davey, so my side would be:

1. Snake
2. Robbo
3. Foran
4. Whare/Oldfield/Davey
5. Wolf
6. Glenn
7. DCE
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Choc
12. Joe
13. Buhrer
14. George
15. Mauro
16. Seu Seu
17. T-Rex

If King is suspended, Mauro to start and Lussick to the bench.

I know it won't happen, but I have watched Glenn play 5/8th and he was pretty handy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4