This is the type of stuff we've opened ourselves up for.........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There's two things going on here that resulted in such a poor crowd, the first being the the Cowboys never attract any sort of crowd at any club when they travel to Sydney.

However, as a previous poster mentioned, come grand final day like 08 and there was 70,000 Manly getting on board for the big win. Where were they for the rest of the season from an attendance and membership point of view?

Many ppl move to/ live at The Northern Beaches for many reasons - lifestyle, lack of population, layed back lifestyle, insular etc etc

More than many don't like Rugby League and wouldn't think of watching a game at the end of the street, let alone Brookie or SFS.

There are reasons ppl choose not to travel past the Spit Bridge and traffic is just one of many.

Ask any household in any street in any suburb (not on the Northern Beaches) and they'll tell you their fave footy team. Ask the same question on the Northern Beaches. The answers will not bethe same.

Northern Beaches ppl are different.... for a reason.... That's why they live there.

To all the people who were complaining 8.30 was too late, I remember a post from either late last year or early this year where people complained 5.30 on a Saturday was too early because of work and kids at sport etc, and many people bitched and moaned about it was way to difficult to be able to get to.

Now 3 hours later is way too late to be able to get to.

FFS, just plan things around to be able to get to the game.

I understand some people have commitments and situations which can't be planned around, but many people just can't be bothered supporting their team.

It reminds me of the people who will sit at the Leagues Club on game day even though it's a 5 minute walk to the ground.

I've only ever read that Monday night and Friday night starts at Brookie are hard to get to. Never 5.30 on a Saturday. 8.30pm starts are way to late. Families can't be expected to get to the SFS with little kids. I saw that on Saturday night, there were very few 'families'. That situation was caused by the weakness of the NRL to tell the TV station where to get off. Another bitch I have is the closure of the pub across from entrance E. Was the pub paid to close to have SFS patrons pay the inflated cost of beers at the game? The nearest pub was a walk back up the hill.

The pubs beer taps were stuffed. Spewing out warm beer. Don't get me started on them using plastic cups either. Gee-up. Wasn't that bad of a walk up to Oxford street anyway.

Brookie4eva said:
To all the people who were complaining 8.30 was too late, I remember a post from either late last year or early this year where people complained 5.30 on a Saturday was too early because of work and kids at sport etc, and many people bitched and moaned about it was way to difficult to be able to get to.

Now 3 hours later is way too late to be able to get to.

FFS, just plan things around to be able to get to the game.

I understand some people have commitments and situations which can't be planned around, but many people just can't be bothered supporting their team.

It reminds me of the people who will sit at the Leagues Club on game day even though it's a 5 minute walk to the ground.

8:30 was a stupid time, how many games do teams play at that through the season? Why ask them to do something different now?

8:30 was too late and 7:30 would have been a far more reasonable time

The club has created most of the bad publicity because we are being perceived as whingers, sure the game was too late. But it's all the other stuff that's been going on and just about every article you read about Manly is negative.

swoop said:
This bloke might be a jerk and the 8.30pm game is a factor, but the club has been pissing of the NRL and plenty of non-Manly supporters with the constant "whinge" and "poor us syndrome" lately.

We are copping it in spades from the media and hopefully the removal of Zorba is a start for the club to becoming more professional in all facets and especially media statements.

What happened to "no-one like us but we don't care". The club should close ranks and stop feeding the media more ammunition to fire back at us.

Time to get over the sagas and move on, we are not winning friends in the general public, we'll lose attacking the NRL and that could have serious consequences re attracting sponsorship. We are about the only club that can't attract big sponsorship even though we've featured in the finals for the last 5 or 6 years in a row. I wonder why that is?

Lately it's been one negative article after another. :mad:

well said swoop....got two words for ya.

siege mentality

shut down keep quiet and let the footy (which we are pretty good at) do the talkin.

The sooner we win the Grand Final the sooner we shut these people up.The greatest win by any side this year was when we hammered the so called favourites and competition leaders on the back of a full house of passionate Sea Eagle supporters . We dont have to justify our selves to any one. I am looking forward to reading these peoples articles when we win the comp and see what they have to say then.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4