This is so sad and pathetic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Would fans of other teams living up there turn and support a so-called local team?  It didn't happen with the Beagles, so why would Norths  succeed now?  I trust there's been some sort of study to see if it's a worthwhile thing.    And Canteen, as it's all about Pay TV, then to huddle teams on the Eastern seaboard is committing economic  suicide.  Union, Soccer the AFL are moving into virgin areas so we should too.  I notice there's a game scheduled over there next season.  The Western Reds were worth supporting then imo and it's worthwhile today.  And I agree with Ryan,  Pearce is overrated, but then again, all Rorter's players are overrated.   

DSM5 link said:
Would fans of other teams living up there turn and support a so-called local team?  It didn't happen with the Beagles, so why would Norths  succeed now?  I trust there's been some sort of study to see if it's a worthwhile thing.    And Canteen, as it's all about Pay TV, then to huddle teams on the Eastern seaboard is committing economic  suicide.  Union, Soccer the AFL are moving into virgin areas so we should too.  I notice there's a game scheduled over there next season.  The Western Reds were worth supporting then imo and it's worthwhile today.  And I agree with Ryan,  Pearce is overrated, but then again, all Rorter's players are overrated.   

It worked for the GC DSm5

I know that if there were a Sunshine Coast or Wide Bay side. Whilst I would never stop supporting Manly and they would always be my favourite. I would certainly have a soft spot for the Sunshine Coast team as at least my second team, and would even head down there to watch a few games

DSM5 link said:
Would fans of other teams living up there turn and support a so-called local team?  It didn't happen with the Beagles, so why would Norths  succeed now?  I trust there's been some sort of study to see if it's a worthwhile thing.   

Yes there has, and yes there is. That is all I can say about the matter, apart from they would be one (if projections are true) of the most afluent clubs in NSW going forward, even taking into considerations negative projections.

THEN, take into consideration the 24 month salary cap compensation for new teams that enter the competition.

The Bears will be back. I think it's more important to consider that our closest competitor will steal our blue chip players from us.

It's very strange to think that the club I loved the most, will end up being the club I hate the most.

Don't think for one second players like Williams, Orford, Robbo and co. won't be on their radar.

I hope Crusher and co. are smart enough to check mate them...they were notoriousy dumb as bat **** when it came to recruitment & management decisions.

Flo Jo is a legend, but he is a meat head retired footballer, and nothing more. Lets hope that sinks them ! Buwahahahahahahahaha.......

I'd like to see them back in some way, it's always sad to see tradition die, even if it's a loser tradition.

An 18 team comp will be the go, with the Western Reds being re-instated (that's what I heard a few months ago).

One expansion team & one traditional team. I'm all for it.

E_P just watched the 87 and 96 GFs again they are perfect mate, no worries at all.

God Gartner was an incredible player!

Better off expanding into PNG rather than up the freeway.  Norths can go up there:  the PNG Bears has a ring to it.  I can't see the rational for the NRL to resurrect past failures.  Promote something new please.         

DSM5, I would love to spread the game to Western Australia and other part of the country. However, I am being realistic in that it is not too easy to just plant a team somewhere and expect it to happen. The Reds and Rams were barely established and sank without trace. The Force are doing okay in WA but it does not really have much Rugby League infrastructure. I think League kids itself that it can get a foothold in foreign territory. Over there, 90% of the population don't even know the difference between Rugby and League. The natives just don't get the game and without millions of dollars it isn't going to be feasible. It is not international like Union and doesn't capture the hearts of the Saffies that have emigrated. The only hope for mining magnates and those being attracted by the huge money on offer to work in the mines north of Perth to get on board and support the game. As for Adelaide, it is even worse. As said elsewhere, if you can't establish a team in Melbourne, without billions in funds from News and support from the Murdoch Press, what hope is there in other capital cities? If News withdrew from the Storm tonight, they would be like the Sydney Spirit and Sydney Kings in weeks.

DSM5 link said:
Better off expanding into PNG rather than up the freeway.  Norths can go up there:  the PNG Bears has a ring to it.  I can't see the rational for the NRL to resurrect past failures.  Promote something new please.          

Norths had that famous PNG player Darie Kovai back in the eighties so maybe he could get some of his relatives to start up Norths PNG.   

I would love to see Norths back again because a norths v Manly game was full of pure hatred towards each other and I know for a fact that the players looked forward to their two games each year just so they could bash the **** out of each other.

It would be good to see that sort of passion back again. 

Ryan link said:
I would hate to see The Ox playing for those filthy scum.

if anyone doubts ryans loyalties the only have to look at the above.
good work ryan you little champ.

**** the bear scum

wa and a second bris team

I would like to see the Bears back in some capacity. Back to the old rivalry days, the NRL definitely needs something like this at the moment.

After watching the world cup i would love to see a team from PNG enter the NRL, I beleive it would help both ours and the international game.

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=178965.msg203968#msg203968 date=1228439604]
I would hate to see The Ox playing for those filthy scum.

if anyone doubts ryans loyalties the only have to look at the above.
good work ryan you little champ.

F**k the bear scum

wa and a second bris team
[/quote]

Thanks mate.

DSM5 link said:
Rex, Arko.   PNG, the vision thing just might happen.
The Bulldogs should relocate to Port Moresby as it is a haven for marauding rapists and thieves. The expats live in gun-toting securitised compounds. Every team that goes there won't be taking any women with them. When they get the law and order sorted out and invest in proper infrastructure so that the locals aren't living in total poverty then the NRL can think about it.

Couldn't agree more Mata,  You don't have to be educated, free of disease or crapping in a loo to appreciate the greatest game of all. 

Well said DSM & Mata - surely if we have to piss & **** in 1960s toilets, eat cold pies & drink warm beers at Brookie every couple of weeks during the season, the PNG natives should be happy wiping their arse with coconut leaves.

The Wheel link said:
Well said DSM & Mata - surely if we have to piss & S**t in 1960s toilets, eat cold pies & drink warm beers at Brookie every couple of weeks during the season, the PNG natives should be happy wiping their arse with coconut leaves.
Well that is true! :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6