This is Outrageous - Is Kent Serious ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The days of Barrett are long gone and personally, pretty over it for a while.
BUT...this latest story from Kent that a player at Manly was basically playing poorly on purpose to get out of his contract seems bizarre ???
I mean there was Nate Myles playing like a reserve grade bush player, but I thought it was down to being past it and maybe injuries catching up...and as for Barrett - may not have been a top grade NRL coach, but this is on the player...not the coach.
It's a Massive call from Kent, but if true - pi**ed off.....
If you take the field at any level you give it your all or let someone on who will, you learn this as a kid.
To be fair, as a kid I recall wanting to play fullback and the coach felt I served better at centre...was not happy with the decision, but have to much pride to not rip in and to your team mates, you can't let them or yourself down.
This is far more extreme as its NRL level, thousands of supporters, you represent your area, yourself....I mean if this is based on fact, it's up with the Chicago White Sox scandal from 1919.
Imagine Des reaction - the dressing room door would come off and he would club them over the head I reckon !!

If its what he referred to last night he was alluding to Blake Green who wanted to get out to take up a fat contract at Warriors. We ended up letting him go because his attitude was getting poisonous but in the end we missed out on Pearce and also Moylan, each of whom might have been a decent replacement.

The days of Barrett are long gone and personally, pretty over it for a while.
BUT...this latest story from Kent that a player at Manly was basically playing poorly on purpose to get out of his contract seems bizarre ???
I mean there was Nate Myles playing like a reserve grade bush player, but I thought it was down to being past it and maybe injuries catching up...and as for Barrett - may not have been a top grade NRL coach, but this is on the player...not the coach.
It's a Massive call from Kent, but if true - pi**ed off.....
If you take the field at any level you give it your all or let someone on who will, you learn this as a kid.
To be fair, as a kid I recall wanting to play fullback and the coach felt I served better at centre...was not happy with the decision, but have to much pride to not rip in and to your team mates, you can't let them or yourself down.
This is far more extreme as its NRL level, thousands of supporters, you represent your area, yourself....I mean if this is based on fact, it's up with the Chicago White Sox scandal from 1919.
Imagine Des reaction - the dressing room door would come off and he would club them over the head I reckon !!
Where was this story ?

If its what he referred to last night he was alluding to Blake Green who wanted to get out to take up a fat contract at Warriors. We ended up letting him go because hsi attitude was getting poisonous but in teh end we missed Pearce and also Moylan, each of whom might have been a decent replacement.
Thanks for that Ser8, but I thought Green was 1 of our better performers....maybe he more was referring to his attitude off field, than his performances on it....my auto pilot was on Myles based on the games..

Thanks for that Ser8, but I thought Green was 1 of our better performers....maybe he more was referring to his attitude off field, than his performances on it....my auto pilot was on Myles based on the games..

From memory it wasn't in a game it was over the off-season and Green was refusing to turn up to training or just going through the motions so that we'd allow him a release. Pretty poor behaviour.

Put in a decent effort on a few and rare occasions and conveniently near S O O selection time but [ in reference to Nate myles ] the overall Nate Myles association and attitude with Manly was of course just disgraceful . Total disregard and respect for the club , supporters and playing group at the time Taking up an important 500 k in cap outlay and apart fro non performance was that period when he was being paid for zero contribution to the club . . Deserves to be or really should be regarded in contempt by Manly supporters and the club long into the future .

Kent played so poorly to "get out of his contract" that he only ever played 1 game for parra.

lol

edit: white sox comparable? oooooh... dunno abooot that.

P.S. If it was green... that's like 400 years ago!...?

Last edited:
From memory it wasn't in a game it was over the off-season and Green was refusing to turn up to training or just going through the motions so that we'd allow him a release. Pretty poor behaviour.
Your memory is correct. Its exactly for this reason I disagree with calls in other threads to bring back Green. Maybe a good partner for DCE on the field but I don't want his off field attitude.

Kent played so poorly to "get out of his contract" that he only ever played 1 game for parra.

lol

edit: white sox comparable? oooooh... dunno abooot that.

P.S. If it was green... that's like 400 years ago!...?
Kent never said anything about on field performance,it was all about the players attitude in and around the club at training etc.And it doesn’t matter how long ago it was,it was relevant to the Bateman issue and the current situation regarding managers having too much influence at clubs

Ser8 is on the money ... Green had one year left on his contract and Warriors desperate for a 5/8 offered him 3 years on big coin ... Kent's point was that Green's manager told him to not train or if he did just go doggo ... Barrett didn't want to let him go but Green made that much of a **** of himself he ended up having no option ... Kent was using it as an example of the shiite moves managers pull ...

Ser8 is on the money ... Green had one year left on his contract and Warriors desperate for a 5/8 offered him 3 years on big coin ... Kent's point was that Green's manager told him to not train or if he did just go doggo ... Barrett didn't want to let him go but Green made that much of a **** of himself he ended up having no option ... Kent was using it as an example of the shiite moves managers pull ...

The problem is the clubs have no moral ground. Next week they will approach another player/ manager about moving them on and breaking there contract. Its not just managers

The problem is the clubs have no moral ground. Next week they will approach another player/ manager about moving them on and breaking there contract. Its not just managers

Agree it’s about absolute cesspool, the whole recruitment deal ( mainly due to the scumbag managers).

Agree it’s about absolute cesspool, the whole recruitment deal ( mainly due to the scumbag managers).

Yep. How many times do we hear of a player with a year to go signing on with another club and then saying "I'm leaving at the end of the season but they want me now, I need to look after my future..." or clubs saying to players "you're not in our plans for next season so if you find a good deal we won't stand in your way if you want to go now".

Yep. How many times do we hear of a player with a year to go signing on with another club and then saying "I'm leaving at the end of the season but they want me now, I need to look after my future..." or clubs saying to players "you're not in our plans for next season so if you find a good deal we won't stand in your way if you want to go now".

It’s just “ moneyball” now, not for all but most

If its what he referred to last night he was alluding to Blake Green who wanted to get out to take up a fat contract at Warriors. We ended up letting him go because his attitude was getting poisonous but in the end we missed out on Pearce and also Moylan, each of whom might have been a decent replacement.

I wonder how close we cam to actually signing either of these guys.

Or were they just using us to bump up their contracts at the Nots and Gummies ?

Your memory is correct. Its exactly for this reason I disagree with calls in other threads to bring back Green. Maybe a good partner for DCE on the field but I don't want his off field attitude.
exactly. He was sooking and didn't turn up to train. Pathetic

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6