This Friday nights trial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle said:
Can't see why Brett wouldn't play if he was fit

If we rested him everyone would be complaining Round 1 about his lack of match fitness

most of his games missed last year were from that knee to the back

Exactly!

Trials are only played at 70-80% and with him most likely not playing in the Nines, he will need to play in the trials.

ManlyArmy said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Can't see why Brett wouldn't play if he was fit

If we rested him everyone would be complaining Round 1 about his lack of match fitness

most of his games missed last year were from that knee to the back

Exactly!

Trials are only played at 70-80% and with him most likely not playing in the Nines, he will need to play in the trials.
Hopefully he won't play for too long, he does his most of his own fitness anyway

He was in the 2008 NYC side with Foran etc but then played for Belrose last year.

He must be a late maturer?

I always like trials. I usually pick out those who might be likely in my opinion, and then wonder throughout the season where they've gone.

Looks like Starlng, Hasson and Lui have the lead for our top props. King will come back in with BJ as starting props. Stands to reason as those 3 did play first grade last year. Looks like Turbo,Sao and Iron Mike have some work to do.

tookey said:
He was in the 2008 NYC side with Foran etc but then played for Belrose last year.

He must be a late maturer?
Makes sense if he is a forward, he'd be early 20s. That was a very talented NYC team, maybe he just needed time to grow, like gift.

DSM5 said:
I always like trials. I usually pick out those who might be likely in my opinion, and then wonder throughout the season where they've gone.

Some players don't perform as well in trials as everyone plays for themselves, to show up. I don't find them too exciting, but happy Manly and footy is being played. Taufua not on the list ?

Thought Turbo might get a run, maybe his fitness isn't there as yet....and yes surprised to see B Stewart named.

BUT like all trials they'll get 8 minutes each so it really doesn't count does it??

Mark from Brisbane said:
Thought Turbo might get a run, maybe his fitness isn't there as yet....and yes surprised to see B Stewart named.

BUT like all trials they'll get 8 minutes each so it really doesn't count does it??

They won't risk some of their players by playing long, Watmough hurt his ribs last season's trial, I think they will give the new guys longer stints.

Eagle Rock said:
Some players don't perform as well in trials as everyone plays for themselves, to show up. I don't find them too exciting, but happy Manly and footy is being played. Taufua not on the list ?

Tafua, like Horo have picked up slight injuries at training. So no trials for them.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6