This fascination with the danish royal family

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Does anyone else feel humilatied by the fascination with Mary and frederick?

I mean Frederick must think that we are a bunch of boring toothless hicks with a sever lack of personalities and entertainment if all we can do is stand around gawking at them whilst they go around TRYING to enjoy their holiday. During the olympics the bloke could walk around and even enjoy a beer at the pub just like one of the boys.
No such luxury anymore.

The final straw was on the news this evening they had LIVE coverage of the couple on a bridge climb. For christ sake let them enjoy it. Lets not have 3 helicopters hovering over head watching their every move whilst they try to enjoy the view.

How friggin annoying.

What I dont get is what is the fascination, they are just a couple, a royal couple but still what happened tot he good old aussie way of letting people be. Just let them enjoy it. How would you feel if you were followed every where you go on your holidays.

Lets just let these people get on with their lives.

arrgggghhhhh

i need a game of pool

I dont feel humiliated. Why should I.

Do you feel humiliated about the Aussie pedophiles??

Both are things we cant influence. Get over it.

What happened to the good old aussie way of letting things be you ask. Well it was superseeded by the good old aussie way of celebrating everything great that has happened to anyone in this country.

and if they werent here then you would just get heaps more prince charles stuff

the prince charles stuff is a valid point.

But honestly do we need this couple in the news every single night?

I'm thoroughly sick of seeing this women feted over as though she's done something special. The best thing you can say about her is that she's a succesful gold digger.

5 years ago she was in bed with a Sydney Swan and you wouldn't look at her twice if you passed her in the street. So what makes her so special now?

Good to see that Stine cultural cringe is alive and well.

Totally agree. It's just plain stupid.

In the end I actually don't care...

There are people far more worthy of attention and worship than a clothes-horse that need never worry the rest of her life. Yes, she does "charity" stuff... dinners, appearances & things, but does she actually DO anything?? She should get out of her designer wear put on a couple of overalls and join clean up Australia!! Or plant a couple of trees... Or give a heap of HER OWN money to the needy. But that is not going to happen. I say go back to Denmark!!!

Same with Charles... but at least he nearly married Tim Brooke-Taylor... !amazed

How about the fact that she was an ordinary Australian who took a giant life-changing leap and succeeded. She learnt another language, managed to learn another country's history and customs and become totally accepted by Denmark. From having an ordinary life she has managed to grow and carry her regal responsibilities with total aplomb (hate that word). They are a couple who are obviously deeply in love. Maybe no-one here likes a feel good story, and obviously I question her possible motives, but I think it is a story of what can be accomplished if you really strive for it. Good on them and her.

I am more concerned with the toothless gawkers.

just let them ge on with it. I dont give a **** that she married a royal, we built a nation on being laid back and letting people be

That was the point of your post and I agree. I am not a royalist in any way and media saturation gets too much, along with leaving the poor bastards alone is a good option.

I love it!!! Absolutley love it. I read Who, Cleo, Cosmo, New Idea and all those mags to get all the goos. Love it, love it, love it!!! They are such a cute couple and Oh i love watching everything they do. How I wish I could be like them.

Oh WOW... she's gone and learnt another friggin language... changed her whole country...
!amazed
Like THAT hasn't been done before.

She's married exceptionally well and yes, good on her for that. But she is not the only one. There are many out there in love and it is not plastered all over the papers.

There must be other, more worthy people out there who deserve praise. Like the Australian of the Year. She is amazing! She has worked her arse off to bring joy to suffering people.

I am sure you won't be happy Hopium until the Australian of the Year puts on rags, donates every scrap of money to 'worthwhile' causes, sticks her arms up to the pits in sewerage tp prove she is 'one of the workers', joins the Labor Party as a true believer, and spends every minute in a scab picket line fighting for the rights of others. Puh-leeeze! Your vision of the world, noble as it is, is just a little bit unrealistic. And BTW I don't think Mary put her hand up and waved it around saying please photograph me and tell my story. No, you can blame the Aussie press and all your precious workers who want to read the stuff for the obsession.

MB... I think the Aussie of the year is fabulous as she is. She's done alot of wonderful hands on work. I want people to live comfortably... And did I say that's what I wanted her to do? Didn't I say she is amazing?

And BTW... you don't marry into a royal family unless you do want that sort of attention. The two seem to go hand-in-hand. They do actually court the media. There are a great many set-ups especially so they can be in the eye of such. Why do you think they did an interview? You have no idea how big and powerful the media is. Most Aussies had no CLUE as to who Mary was until her wedding was splashed all over the media. I'm sorry I'm not oh-so-in-love with feeling sorry for someone who has chosen to live a public life... But honestly, I can't see the use of her or frederik or any of them. She, and the rest, have done bugger all for most people in this world.

So screw her. Aussies should celebrate the people who have helped them and their country. But no, the cult of celebrity has shone through and worthy deeds mean nothing.

But are you embarrassed by the toothless gawkers and celebrity spotters?

Oh yeah...
That is sheer blind stupidity... easily led by the media... Kinda feel sorry for the poor gits sucked into it.

Well... I do kinda feel sorry for women. Isn't it meant to be a fantasy to marry a prince?

Sure as hell not mine!

I am sure you won't be happy Hopium until the Australian of the Year puts on rags, donates every scrap of money to 'worthwhile' causes, sticks her arms up to the pits in sewerage tp prove she is 'one of the workers', joins the Labor Party as a true believer, and spends every minute in a scab picket line fighting for the rights of others. Puh-leeeze! Your vision of the world, noble as it is, is just a little bit unrealistic. And BTW I don't think Mary put her hand up and waved it around saying please photograph me and tell my story. No, you can blame the Aussie press and all your precious workers who want to read the stuff for the obsession.

What a fantastic bloody carve up. Thats what i l've missed about this site. Great work MB.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4