Third Party Sponsorships

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
If we are to keep DCE, Foran, T-Rex and the Stewarts long term and others, then I think we are going to need 3rd party sponsors.

Look at players like Lockyer who was reportedly on their books for 250k and the rest topped up by sponsors.

The Broncos had a few 3rd party sponsors and that's how they retained a lot of players, unfortunately even as premiers we have a hard time attracting major sponsorship let along 3rd party sponsors.

Having said that with Tooves in charge we won't be doing the 'under the radar" BS and this should result into more exposure for players, sponsors and the Manly brand. Hopefully it will also attract more sponsorship.

You would think there would be lists of companies lining up for Dce and foran they ate definitely the games golden boys ATM and rightly so.

Any 3rd party sponsor that is sought by and arranged by the club counts towards the cap

Daniel said:
Any 3rd party sponsor that is sought by and arranged by the club counts towards the cap

Correct. But if their managers are doin their jobs u think the boys would be getting a bit.

Ok i will help out---i will pay each $50,000 to help promote/work at my "Halfback 5/8 school of excellence" including a percentage of all profits targeting 12-17yr olds on the finer points of the game.

Manly can get kick backs with no direct linkage(silent partner) to my business venture and funnel those extra profits back into Foran and DCE.

In time eventually expanding the school into QLD,VIC and Perth all in the hope of establishing a monopoly in the field of "Technical Aspects of Attacking" employing a team of the best halves and 5/8's in the business using state of the art video feedback and NRL video analysis. The increased networking possibilities and contacts the school provides--- you would be silly not to sign your kid up.

The future of your kids dreams is in your hands email details in my profile lol.

****, i'll slip DCE $500 a week. All he has to do is lob up at one of our stores and sign autographs for an hour when he's home for holidays. There's an extra $26k for him. Get his manager to give me a call. ;)

Would fan sponsorship count towards a cap?
What I mean if we all sponsor say the young fb that we have but remain a separate entity that Manly didnt chase will that count on the cap?

eagles2win said:
Would fan sponsorship count towards a cap?
What I mean if we all sponsor say the young fb that we have but remain a separate entity that Manly didnt chase will that count on the cap?

I think as long as we are not a sponsor of Manly and not funded by Manly it's all good.

doesn't sound right fans giving their own money to players who earn hundreds of thousands of dollars in a year.

Or am I?
This is ripe through some English sports.
No they aren't richer then us.

Liam Hood (hooker from Leeds) is a product of Southstander.com a website that's in it's 10th year of getting a junior and getting them to the top grade. Wouldn't surprise me if jib is a product of it.

Bradford have a bulls builder site as well

Yellow Fever (Wellington Pheonix supporters group) did a similar thing a few years ago when they pooled together & paid for a local junior (Marcos Rojas) to go to a football academy & subsequently into the Pheonix team...

...then he backstabbed the club & joined the tards. Such is life.

third party sponsorships are not the magic answer people beleive them to be. For the sponsorship to not be included in the cap it must be toatly independent to their playing contract, ie;the sponsorship is not dependent on them playing for manly, it would be in place for the duration of the agreement regardless of where they played.
So brett stewarts manager could organise him a 200k a year deal with adidas and we offer him a playing contract for 400k giving him the 600k he wants. But then saints offer him 550k, he still has his sponsorship deal and we are still 150k behind

What we need is a huge manly fan with lots of money, who owns a company to employ some of the players for like 100K for like 1 days consultancy work unrelated to football.

Surely that will would be considered a second job and not count as earnings related to the salary cap.

I can dream. :)

Biscuits said:
third party sponsorships are not the magic answer people beleive them to be. For the sponsorship to not be included in the cap it must be toatly independent to their playing contract, ie;the sponsorship is not dependent on them playing for manly, it would be in place for the duration of the agreement regardless of where they played.
So brett stewarts manager could organise him a 200k a year deal with adidas and we offer him a playing contract for 400k giving him the 600k he wants. But then saints offer him 550k, he still has his sponsorship deal and we are still 150k behind

I understand how it works but Brett is reportedly asking for 600k per year and if he gets that by us paying 350-400k and 200k from a sponsor I think he'll stay put even if as you say that the dragons could offer him more. If the latter happens well he's priced himself out of the club. The advantage of staying will also be a factor i.e more GF's and is sttled at Manly.

One other thing they could do is white out or black-out the brands on their boots like cricketers do to attract sponsors. Most probably won't have as much affect but why not try it.

Heard Brun Cullen last year on the radio complaining that because Brisbane have so many corporate sponsors, many times what the average Sydney club has, that this severely limited the number of third party agreements they can have, go figure.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8