There is hope against the knights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
After hearing the score of last nights game i was beginning to think Newcastle are close to unbeatable with Joey on the field. I then had a look at the LU online coverage and realised the dogs handed it to them.

Here is a summary of first half F*ck ups that led to the knights win - the second half was won by the dogs but it was all over at half time.

4 min: PENALTY GOAL Newcastle Knights
Three straight penalties give the Knights an easy ride downfield, and Joey Johns capitalises with a gift two points.
Knights 2-0

10 min: NEWS Mark O'Meley is penalised for a blatant late shot on Andrew Johns - he had to sidestep to make the hit!

14 min: TRY Newcastle Knights
This time the Doggies drop the ball at the wrong end of the field, and Brian Carney finds himself on the end of a swift Knights backline movement to score the try.
Johns misses the conversion from out wide.
Knights 8-6

16 min: PENALTY GOAL Newcastle Knights
Brent Sherwin kicks a 20-metre restart out on the full, handing another easy penalty goal to Johns.
Knights 10-6

30 min: TRY Newcastle Knights
The Dogs put their kick-off out on the full, and the Knights have taken full advantage. Danny Buderus skips across from dummy-half for the try, and Andrew Johns slots another goal.
Knights 22-6

34 min: NEWS Willie Mason concedes a penalty while in possession for a bit of niggle - and he was only 5 metres away from the Knights tryline!

36 min: TRY Newcastle Knights
The Knights continue to punish the Bulldogs mistakes. Plenty of wide ball movement presents half a chance to Matt Gidley, and he stretches out to score the try.
Johns converts.
Knights 28-6

They're beatable as they have a lot of aged players that will tire as the season wears on.

Still, they pack a decent front row - Smith, Davico, Woolnough, Reyneldson and Perry.

I'd take any of the first four ahead of most of our patsies.

did Josh Perry play well last night? I was at the Rugby and missed the game but I hear he did. If he can play well there is hope for our King!!!!

Yes Garts. he played well. Had a big game. a few mistakes, but his enthusiasm was hitting high levels. One charge early on made him around 40-50 metres bumping off repeated defenders along the way. Impressive effort.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4