There is always a silver lining

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
We may have lost Des guys, but things may be not be as bad as they seem

Hopefully Technical Coach can come to an arrangement with the club and we can have guys that can pass both ways, use the right corridors and get an improvement in Glenn Stewarts play and build the ultimate footy side

Des is still there for next season, then another mighty Manly halfback will take over with equal success.
Let's not worry, and enjoy the feeling 15 other clubs and their fans wished they could experience.

If this is true then I'm done with the club.

It's been 26 years but enough is enough.

Next year I'll either back the Warriors or, more likely, won't bother with the money-hungry, back-stabbing, lying crapfest the NRL has become.

The Who said:
Des is still there for next season, then another mighty Manly halfback will take over with equal success.
Let's not worry, and enjoy the feeling 15 other clubs and their fans wished they could experience.

I would be asking him to vacate his office immediately look what happened to the dragons when Bennett announced he was leaving. The players need to know who will be the coach and then decide their futures. I say tooves and cliffy as his assistant.

In Tooves we trust, he has done his apprenticeship under a great coach and will have the players respect!

wizball1973 said:
If this is true then I'm done with the club.

It's been 26 years but enough is enough.

Next year I'll either back the Warriors or, more likely, won't bother with the money-hungry, back-stabbing, lying crapfest the NRL has become.

Haha nice one.

To keep all our players, get tooves as a our new coach then smash the Bulldogs in 2013 would be a silver lining :)

Sheikheagle said:
I would be asking him to vacate his office immediately look what happened to the dragons when Bennett announced he was leaving. The players need to know who will be the coach and then decide their futures. I say tooves and cliffy as his assistant.

The difference is Bennett jumped ship mid year. Des has made his decision with 5 months before Round 1. Players can be nutured and brought into line with the knowlwedge Toovs is taking over in 2013. Des has done the honourable thing and will serve out his contract and I'm sure be gunning for back to back. What a legacy to leave behind. Good on you Des. Go Toovs.

Frank Stanton, Ron Willey and even the great Bonzo all left Manly to coach elsewhere. Funny though that later they all consider themselves as Manly men!!!

The club survived and will survive, especially if we can rid ourselves of the cancer on the inside!!

torana355 said:
To keep all our players, get tooves as a our new coach then smash the Bulldogs in 2013 would be a silver lining :)

If tooves comes in puts his influence on the team manages to keeps the boys together and continues our success the bloke deserves a solid gold house at the tip of North Head. The bloke is a legend and a child hood hero of mine. Someone buy him a cushion for the chair in the coaches box!!

I'd say to all those who are sooking about leaving the club because a coach moves on....go. You are piss weak supporters and there's no loss. I support the club. Players and coaches come and go. The club remains, and I support that.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
DSM5 said:
I'd say to all those who are sooking about leaving the club because a coach moves on....go. You are piss weak supporters and there's no loss. I support the club. Players and coaches come and go. The club remains, and I support that.

Exactly, what does everyone think Des will be here for a 100 years, someone will replace him and any players that leave will also be replaced and most of us will keep supporting MANLY.

DSM5 said:

Very well said.

DSM5 said:
Thas right DSM5 we previously lost Cliffy Lyons , Menzies, Eadie, Mal Reilly the Greatest immortal Fulton , best administrator in the business Ken Athurson to name a few and that did not stop us from continuing to be the most successful club in the modern era . How frustrating would it be for other clubs like the bulldog, eels, souths supporters who over the years waisted big money paying overs for players like hodkinson ( $300,000 a year ?? Great value Greenberg lol ) and not having success.

DSM5 said:

I agree well said. Im already excited at the prospect of what Tooves could bring!

If Tooves doesn't want the gig, how about Malcolm Reilly? Despite the fact he coached Newcastle, I've always figured he was one of ours. Or has he been out of the game for too long?

I agree DSM5. If you support the players and not the club, then go.

I am worried that we'll lose Crusher and a lot of the players but I'm hoping when it comes to the players, a return from Beaver to the coaching staff or administration might stop many leaving.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6