There’s a lot to like

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I’ll preface this, by saying that I was not a fan of how everything went down last year, not in the Seibold fan club at all and can’t stand the sight of Penn

The excitement of footy season wasn’t there in the lead up, but they’ve got me back tonight

Sure, it’s far from a perfect performance, but what we have is a side that wants to hit hard in defence rather than cuddle, and a team that will try things in attack

That defensive style took me back to the 2008 side who just hit hard. The tries conceded were soft and ****house, but the general effort to hit hard with the shoulder, especially by the 2 second rowers, is highly entertaining

We have some amazing attacking young talent in the side, that ability will see them overplay their hand at times and have us shaking our heads, but sit back and enjoy what the likes of Schuster and Koula can produce and what the likes of Tuilagi and Olakau’atu may produce off them

If Paseka can stay injury free, we may have a bloke in the discussions for a top 3 front rower by the end of the season

I’d be intrigued to see Koula and Parker switch sides at some point, and see the end results of what Koula can do with the ball that we continually give Parker, who can’t do anything with it

Where the year ends, who knows, but it should be an entertaining roller coaster to be on

We won and there's still a lot of improvement.

Weekes has to move to the wing before Saab returns. The other bloke almost cost us that game. He bombed a certain try, can't catch and rushes in too much.

Glad we won and the eels a owen3
I won’t be surprised if we are looking at Weekes in for Parker next week, he may have done his knee making that tackle on Moses

I won’t be surprised if we are looking at Weekes in for Parker next week, he may have done his knee making that tackle on Moses
If Parker misses games his spot there will come under the spotlight with either Weekes or Myers if the coaches gamble on his raw ability.

Parker was by far the better of the two centres tonight. A few errors, but not of the match-losing variety. Scored a try and hit hard in defence.
It’s what a more dynamic player on the end of the setup that Parker constantly gets can do that intrigues me. Parker is what he is, and we know that, we were 14-0 up and hammering that side, with a Koula there, perhaps we are 26-0 up as he can capitalise on those opportunities. He did fall off a hit on Gutherson once tonight, but generally for a young centre he is a very good defender

Crazy game, we were good in hitting hard in defence but I think we fell in love with our power in that department & were caught flat footed for the 3 tries that Parra ran around & through us for.

Good signs in attack, Schuster showed discretion in not trying to be flashy every time he touched the ball & put 2 lovely kicks in that resulted in tries.

Last edited:
9 days to sort out that shambolic defence on the edges. Pull that **** against the rabbits and they will put 40+ on us. But I think we can sort it out. Probably a good thing to pull our heads out of the clouds

I’ll preface this, by saying that I was not a fan of how everything went down last year, not in the Seibold fan club at all and can’t stand the sight of Penn

The excitement of footy season wasn’t there in the lead up, but they’ve got me back tonight

Sure, it’s far from a perfect performance, but what we have is a side that wants to hit hard in defence rather than cuddle, and a team that will try things in attack

That defensive style took me back to the 2008 side who just hit hard. The tries conceded were soft and ****house, but the general effort to hit hard with the shoulder, especially by the 2 second rowers, is highly entertaining

We have some amazing attacking young talent in the side, that ability will see them overplay their hand at times and have us shaking our heads, but sit back and enjoy what the likes of Schuster and Koula can produce and what the likes of Tuilagi and Olakau’atu may produce off them

If Paseka can stay injury free, we may have a bloke in the discussions for a top 3 front rower by the end of the season

I’d be intrigued to see Koula and Parker switch sides at some point, and see the end results of what Koula can do with the ball that we continually give Parker, who can’t do anything with it

Where the year ends, who knows, but it should be an entertaining roller coaster to be on
Yeah the big thing is it's not all on tommy. Paseka been outstanding and olakau'atu is a gun upgrade that contract superstar. Josh schuster is a attacking mastermind.

Happy to get the win, but as well as there being a lot to like, there were shades of 2022 - when we switched off and faded out in way too many games for me to ever quite forget - that terrified me. We just have to do better defensively than that. Without Haumole's intercept try at the end, we would have been in real trouble.

we played well in patches, but to much inconsistency.

Croker Parker and tuipolotu better shape up, they weee all dreadful.

Parker partially redeemed himself
Croker needs to stay in his lane and just get the basics right.
Tui needs several lessons in urgency, committment and general football bous

we played well in patches, but to much inconsistency.

Croker Parker and tuipolotu better shape up, they weee all dreadful.

Parker partially redeemed himself
Croker needs to stay in his lane and just get the basics right.
Tui needs several lessons in urgency, committment and general football bous
Not sure what game you were watching but Parker played fine.You must be a rangaist

The big positive is that last year we lost nearly all of those close games, with a couple of notable ones where we were well ahead and the lads found new and innovative ways to lose.

I think a lot of the younger players (in particular) still need to understand the game is not won when you’re 12 in front with eight minutes to go.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4