Theory question?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
they'll either stay.. to continue together.. or both go (not to the same club). if one goes for the coin... so will the other. dont think we'll see a case where one stays one goes. pretty confident they'll stick around though.
interesting few months ahead. hopefully resolved either way before a ball is kicked off.

It'll certainly make life hard for us if one leaves. If both go then we are going to be in a world of hurt. However I don't think we'll have a situation where we lose both, if we do then you have to be asking some serious questions of the powers that be.

One way or another this needs to be sorted before the season starts. I have had a gutful of hearing about it. They players need to decide so the club gets a clean start for 2015.

What ever happens, no one is bigger than the club and the club will be strong regardless!

I makes zero difference when this is sorted.

The only way we will here any announcement before the season starts is if they re-sign with Manly.

The new club will demand maximum exposure and that will not be pre-season or in the early rounds.

I can assure you if either go to the Broncos it will be announced around Origin time

winnyason said:
Is our season screwed if foz or dce go elsewhere come 2015 or not?

No, because it has been happening in sport since Romans v Lions.

Hope both can stay, but if we keep Sid and Foz goes ('cause he's unhappy / links 2 gift/choc), so be it.

Zac Nicholls, or another kid, will soon emerge to be the next Keiran Foran or better.

Or maybe, 'cause we have 4 great fullbacks
(snake, Heeks, Gutho & Tommy T), Snake moves to pivot, ala Lockyer and problem solved.

That frees up enough dough to replace Foz with Taumalolo & JWH - where we lack depth.

Bottom line, if you don't wanna be here, pizs off. I can replace u like that! Next . . .

The 17 in my dressing room are willing to spill blood for Manly and their team-mates.

winnyason said:
Is our season screwed if foz or dce go elsewhere come 2015 or not?

Absolutely yes. The recriminations in both the playing group and the back office will completely derail 2015.

My view is that whoever signs elsewhere should be immediately released.

Fifteen other clubs played without them last season and some did pretty well. Like others, I hope they stay but if not, we move on.

Years they have delivered 1 title. I would expect 2 by now.
I have very little faith foran will stay given his was close to gifty, choc and alot of senior players. Parra, warriors, dogs fans on there own forums have confirmed through sources he is close to signing. Now I find it odd all are saying this is his manager leaking info on forums or through third parties to drive his price up and bring fear to manly.
Dce i would be surprised if he left, sure sharks have tabled big offer but given the **** fight to be in position to keep him choc, gifty, kite all let go to keep him. I would be very surprised but who knows a canberra or cronulla will offer stupid dough.

Our back up plans
Lose both - go hard at market for forwards jwh, jason t move killer to 6 have young nicholls at 7. This would hurt us alot. Move hiku to centres and eith tom t or gutherson to wing.
Keep dce lose foz - again move killer to 6 movement for bluechip forward this to me seems most likely case. Or even will hopoate but his price is stupid.
Keep foz lose dce - foz to 7 killer to 6. One paper looks good however never liked foran at 7. Chance for forward or outside back i would say.

Should we set deadline by end of month?

winnyason said:
Years they have delivered 1 title. I would expect 2 by now.
I have very little faith foran will stay given his was close to gifty, choc and alot of senior players. Parra, warriors, dogs fans on there own forums have confirmed through sources he is close to signing. Now I find it odd all are saying this is his manager leaking info on forums or through third parties to drive his price up and bring fear to manly.
Dce i would be surprised if he left, sure sharks have tabled big offer but given the ... fight to be in position to keep him choc, gifty, kite all let go to keep him. I would be very surprised but who knows a canberra or cronulla will offer stupid dough.

Our back up plans
Lose both - go hard at market for forwards jwh, jason t move killer to 6 have young nicholls at 7. This would hurt us alot. Move hiku to centres and eith tom t or gutherson to wing.
Keep dce lose foz - again move killer to 6 movement for bluechip forward this to me seems most likely case. Or even will hopoate but his price is stupid.
Keep foz lose dce - foz to 7 killer to 6. One paper looks good however never liked foran at 7. Chance for forward or outside back i would say.

Should we set deadline by end of month?

I feel it's time for kieran to be a senior player, not worry about following our other senior players gift and choc outta the joint. You and Jamie, Brett and dce are it mate. Make the most of it, your time to shine, and you won't get another opportunity like this.

Given the lack of quality halves in the competition we would be stupid not to try our hardest to keep 2 of the best around. Where they both rate in individually is open to opinion, but I think the general consensus around league circles is that they are certainly the best halves pairing in the league. So to lose one or both would be terrible, but we'd get past it.

I do however think it needs to be sorted as quick as possible. And as reasonable as possible. Whilst we do want them both, we can't pay them $3m each (yes excessive but I'm just making the point) and above all we need them to be fully committed to the cause.

I actually doubt we'll be able to keep both, I just think a number of clubs will be able to throw something ridiculous to get a quality half. I could see a team like the Raiders (just an example no inside knowledge) throwing $1.5m at one of them......hard to turn down. Which would probably mean we'll do similar to keep one of them, but we then cant afford both.

I do think with the sudden glut of quality backs around, if we look at our last game

1. Snake
2. Blair
3. Killer
4. Skivvy
5. Hiku
6. Foz
7. DCE

then you have Tom Turbo, Gutho, Taufua, Wolfman, JLJ, all able to cover. So I wouldn't be surprised if Killer does move into the halves in the short term to allow Turbo or Gutho to slot in. (if a half goes).

It is the clubs with losing canberra, titans, cronulla all offering overs. I think we will offer say for instance with foz - roosters, dogs, warriors with offer similar to us as they have reasonable quality roster. While eels could throw up to 1.3 million a season.
Dce - cronulla, raiders, titans all will over stupid cash in and around 1.2 to even 1.5 can we afford this ? I don't know. Both matty ballin and matai have there contracts up as well.
I am thinking we may see backending snake contract ends 2016 and i believe if he wants to play on it may not be at brookvale.

Next big one but i don't want to but have to we have a good coach but he not regarded as great this may play role in where these guys go ? Not bagging toovs but the likes of hasler, bennett, Bellamy, maguire, robinson all in front of him and arthur even considered a up and coming. Toovs has passion but does he possess tactics which differ to what hasler had in place i have to say honestly no.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2