The Will To Win

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
The boys had it yesterday and especially at a time when we needed it.

We had our backs to the wall for most of the first half yesterday and at times we didn't help ourselves. Like when Ox dropped the ball on the very first set, I was tearing my hair out just seconds into the match. We than had to repel the Storm for four consecutive sets. But our defence was very assured and at no stage in those four sets did the Storm look threatening. We made some poor errors in our own half in that first half but it was our committed and enthusiastic in defence which kept us in the contest.

When things turn to S**t it's amazing what desire can do for you. Backs against the wall yet we went into the half time break with an 8 point lead. We then held on courageously when the Storm had so many opportunities in the last quarter to grind out one of our best wins of the season. It was a huge occasion and for us personally it was a huge hoodoo to break.

Foran is a young champion. It's hard for a kid to come into the business end of a season under such pressure and just not crack. In his first game he had monster motherF**kers running at him and he was taking each one down like a piece of weetbix. Scored a memorable try on debut and now has four to his name in just six appearances. The kid has the right amount of enthusiasm, aggression and posesses the will to win. He is also very safe as a player and injects himself appropriately. He is one player who definitely deserves his spot in the top grade.

Time for a little novelty. Some of you wanted to see it and it finally happened. Ox kicked a 40/20 this season. Also showed creativity to kick a 60 metre grubber from a kick off to force a drop out. I had a good laugh when it slipped through Cronk's hands. We than chased it and threw it forward as it was going over the dead ball line hoping that the referees would miss the most obvious forward pass ever. To top it off he stumbled and nearly tripped over some padding that the sponsors use.

We're 5th now with two home games (one against the hapless Sharks) on Sunday afternoons. I daresay we have an ideal platform to launch ourselves into this years final series. The game against the Storm was our most difficult in the run home. It's lucky we got it out of the way three weeks away from the finals. You wouldn't want to be playing a game like that on the eve of the finals.

We're not quite there yet but the signs are very positive.

Pittwater Legend link said:
Time for a little novelty. Some of you wanted to see it and it finally happened. Ox kicked a 40/20 this season. Also showed creativity to kick a 60 metre grubber from a kick off to force a drop out. I had a good laugh when it slipped through Cronk's hands. We than chased it and threw it forward as it was going over the dead ball line hoping that the referees would miss the most obvious forward pass ever. To top it off he stumbled and nearly tripped over some padding that the sponsors use.

Yes nice to see Orford finally get a 40/20.  If he was to get one then yesterday was surely going to be the day.  Even he looked suprised at getting it.

And I actually thought Orford completely stuffed up that kick off.  It was a very lucky outcome though with Cronk missing it.

In general though Orford's kicking game was way below par (even allowing for the wind) and he needs to improve it dramatically if Manly are to be a force this year.

anyone would have struggled to kick in that wind.

Moreso our kicking options in general were poor and rushed

I was there, the wind was horrendous, both sides struggled...fair dinkum it was freezing as well, we were luckily seated in the sunshine (what little there was)

A average game nothing to get excited about.I fell asleep during the second half it was so boring.I could not believe what I was watching compared to Friday nights ripper.In my opinion I thought I was watching reserve grade.We have to find another 30% if we want to compete in the finals.

I don't agree Reyam.  You can only play what's in front of you.  Those early ten minutes with no ball was the telling factor.  We've let in plenty on past games and it was a terrific effort to keep them out.  Sets the platform for future games.  Friday night's game was helter skelter stuff, not the grind of our game.  And resolute defense is what's needed coming into the hard games against top sides.

I agree PL, the more I see of Foran the more I'm convinced he'll be a very good player. I just hope that we can hang on to him.

By the way, as far as I know you can't be offside in your own in-goal so Cronk was free to try and throw it back into the field.

DSM5 link said:
I don't agree Reyam.  You can only play what's in front of you.  Those early ten minutes with no ball was the telling factor.  We've let in plenty on past games and it was a terrific effort to keep them out.  Sets the platform for future games.  Friday night's game was helter skelter stuff, not the grind of our game.  And resolute defense is what's needed coming into the hard games against top sides.

Bingo.

Hopefully the boys will see it this way and keep the confidence going into the finals.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7