The whole rotation/selection thing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watson will really struggle in india because no matter where he bats he will come in and face spin straight away. In the ashes i'd open him with and Warner and Hughes at three. Watsons best position is opener. Cowans cricket brain is very small IMO, he runs slow and turns away from the ball all the time so he is unsited for a longer period of time. thus all the run outs.
As for the bowlers it is NOT a rotation policy. it IS a relvolving door policy.

Cowan must consider himself lucky. Hughes was booted twice for showing the form Cowan has.

As stated Watson also only averages 30's with the bat so will have to make big improvements to stay around for much longer.

Hughes looks heaps better this time around, looks like 100 test bloke now but his career has mirrored a few of our better bats of recent times, clarke and waugh were both dropped in their early 20 only to return and dominate for years. The other thing about hughes is at 24 he has a first class career to back himself up 7000 runs @ 45. Compare that with Cowan who is 30 and has 5500 @ 40 or Finch who is 26 with a paltry 1500 @ 30

How has Kane Richardson been allowed to get this far with the obvious problem that his follow through was going to bring at the highest level ?

Chris Cairns said in a Big Bash game last week that if he ever got the call up he would find himself having issues with his follow through and was bang on, removed from the attack in his 1st match can't be great for his confidence

My understanding is that they aren't as fussy at the lower level (even at Shield level obviously), but once you get to international level they are all over it. You are right though, seems strange that he can get to this point and never had anyone tap him on the shoulder and say "you might want to work on that follow through because you are running down the middle of the pitch"

I hope they can find a way to fix it without taking away some of his pace and natural ability coz I think he looks like a pretty decent bowler, certainly has potential anyway

I can't believe he's never been pinged before.

I got a short one and gloved it away a month ago and scrambled down the pitch and got warned about running on the pitch. I'm about 30 grades below Sheffield Shield.

Sure it's a bit more obvious when a batsman runs down the pitch, but still, his is blatant when you take notice. I guess alot of these umpires are gumby's though, so on second thoughts I can see how he's got away with it.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8