The whipping.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is an infinite loop, Napper :sleepy:

I never defended Wolfie's poor performances, just the fact that, since the GF, if he is in the Team , he has been solely burdened with any loss :dodgy:

The Broncos Game had 15 inept Manly Players - and none of them look good even off the field :p

Lets hope that the Dogs resurgence game is not a one off :exclamation:

Manly seem to slack off after a BYE, and playing the Sharks may also relax them to the point of playing as dumb as the opposition :dodgy:

Napper said:
HappilyManly said:
Chip and Chase said:
But Horo missed Guerra and SBW in the same game, two tries resulted

If we are going to single out individual players who missed crucial tackles in the GF then you had better add DCE, Ballin and Buhrer to that list. Also include Snake and Wolfs lax effort in tidying up grubbers.

That was my point about Wolfie being cricified for the GF result - he wasn't the only one to make mistakes.

Choc too, was with Horo as they waved SBW through for the forward pass try :dodgy:

But I was specifically replying to why is Horo never criticized.:huh:

Wolfman is has been poor. That is why he is playing NSW cup. Stop letting his rig get in the way of an honest assessment of his performance.

That's a classic, if you are female then his " rig" is the most important asset he has.

I feel a bit sorry for Wolfie he clawed back kn 2013 to have a great year then makes some blunders and now looks to be done like a dogs dinner!!

Who knows he might be back but somehow unless we get more injuries , I doubt it.

Regardless of what the future holds for Wolfie, he will always be a member of the team which holds the record for the greatest winning margin in Grand Final history.
He played in 2 grand finals (which is more than most players play in). To play in the second one after coming back from a broken neck was inspirational.
Racked up 100 first grade games at the one club.
I hope he can regain his confidence and make it back. He most definitely won't be short of offers for media jobs when his playing career is over. He should be given the microphone at MWSE & do the player interviews.

reading this thread made me think of some of the great whipping boys we've had here over the years. Who ended up with the most welts do you think ?

The early years were hard work, we had a team full of worthy recipients of the cat o' nine tails.

I'd say T Rex was easily the most whipped before he left. The other Williams has assumed the mantle in recent times.

Gee I don't know. Monas, Harris, Steppa, Walkers x 2, Bailey, Orford, Willo, even the great Jye Mullane. There's been plenty of worthy nominees.

Bailey's was well deserved.

bones said:
Regardless of what the future holds for Wolfie, he will always be a member of the team which holds the record for the greatest winning margin in Grand Final history.
He played in 2 grand finals (which is more than most players play in). To play in the second one after coming back from a broken neck was inspirational.
Racked up 100 first grade games at the one club.
I hope he can regain his confidence and make it back. He most definitely won't be short of offers for media jobs when his playing career is over. He should be given the microphone at MWSE & do the player interviews.

I agree. He was by far the best winger in the game back then.

HappilyManly said:
This is an infinite loop, Napper :sleepy:

I never defended Wolfie's poor performances, just the fact that, since the GF, if he is in the Team , he has been solely burdened with any loss :dodgy:

The Broncos Game had 15 inept Manly Players - and none of them look good even off the field :p

Lets hope that the Dogs resurgence game is not a one off :exclamation:

Manly seem to slack off after a BYE, and playing the Sharks may also relax them to the point of playing as dumb as the opposition :dodgy:

Agreed. Pretty unfair to blame a winger when Manly lose.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2