The war is over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des won the battle, MM won the war. Des didn't want MM, but MM & his management stood their ground (with assistance) and achieved their goals, better than that he has turned a $240K contract into a $500K contract.

You will not change my view that MM was only looking out for himself in his chosen profession, and if the same opportunity ever befalls me in my profession I would do exactly the same thing in less than a heartbeat.

MM knew what was important to him, and that what was not Manly. He never gave Manly less than 100% effort in any game in which he played for us and as a supporter I can not ask for more than that. In a perfect world we would have a team full of loyal players like Steve Menzies, but the NRL is not and never will be again a perfect world where loyalty is the major factor in players decsions in where they ply their trade.

Nice post Pete. I agree :clap:

Ok now from a better perspective.

MM used the club for personal gain. Do you support the club or the player?

Because our team are out by $480,000 so Michael Monaghan could get himself into a better position to earn more.

Why do you always assume your posts are the " better perspective"? Maybe you should have said "another perspective".

Indeed I should have.

I did not mean my perspective was better because that isn't even my perspective.

It was more an attempt to say it depends how you look at it.

However badly done.

[quote author=fLIP]
Ok now from a better perspective.

Because our team are out by $480,000 so Michael Monaghan could get himself into a better position to earn more.

Why do you always assume your posts are the " better perspective"? Maybe you should have said "another perspective".

[/quote]

and after re-reading I should not have used the word "always".

To be honest Nodd, I don't go that deep into.

To me, this site is like chatting with your mates having a beer at the footie.

Some people take that to a whole new level and it ****s me.

Is far too simplistic, they are footy players who move around clubs

You could put together a case that Canberra signed Kennedy as a risk, and he used them to get himself a larger contract at Newcastle first chance he got.

And anyway with your argument, everyone is the winner, no-one loses. He got his money and improved his position, while the club got a player that has had a significant impact on lifting the club to the heights it is reaching this season. No-one loses, he helps us up, heads away and we get to keep a group of good youngsters to keep the team strong, and he heads away to a bulging pocket

Why does everone skip the fact that he did it before his contract ran up.

If he did this in a year from now that I would be congratulating the bloke. Even now I am still happy for him that he is giong to get so much money.

But IMO he should never have been signed, so over the two years that we had a perfectly competent hooker in Ballin, we wasted $480,000 on a bloke who des didn't even want.

If he had fulfilled his contract, then the mob would be onto him for staying and not allowing us to keep the young players, he couldnt have won with some of you whatever way he did things.
To me i dont really care that he is going a year early before his contract is up, because it may help the club. There is no loser in what he has done that i can see.

I am damn glad he signed, sure Ballin may have been a better player last year, but a year ago he had a years less experience and it is impossible to know if his impact would be anywhere near what it has been this season, it may well have been, but it will never be known

If he hadnt have signed, i have little doubt that we would be mid pack right now, not perched up at the top.

Why does everone skip the fact that he did it before his contract ran up.

If he did this in a year from now that I would be congratulating the bloke. Even now I am still happy for him that he is giong to get so much money.

But IMO he should never have been signed, so over the two years that we had a perfectly competent hooker in Ballin, we wasted $480,000 on a bloke who des didn't even want.

Why don't you see the fact the club tried to **** him over at the end of the last seasons?

btw thats a pretty ordinary camera you have ;)

geez... whou you going to give bias criticism now Mata?

Never fear.. i shall make a thread on Monaghans game in England.. maybe we could make it a sticky? lol

Why don't you see the fact the club tried to **** him over at the end of the last seasons?

I have and do admit that the club may have tried to let him go on his way. But not "**** him over".

Can you not admit the club didn't want him to begin with? So, the only ****ing over was by Max to his own club.

Flip, are you waiting for Mata to send you a PM, with a reply to write :twisted:

Mate, I don't live on the site... contrary to popular belief. Also, I would appreciate if you could stop insinuating that I have no valid opinion of my own. You couldn't be further from the truth.

It was a joke, I guess a little like the constant inuendos you throw my way.

In regards to MM, so you can understand why Monas would jump at the chance to earn big dollars then. It's not his fault Max jumped in and saved him. Maybe the club shouldn't have shopped him around after he was re signed?

It's hardly a good basis for a working arrangement, is it now?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7